Pre Vizsla's voice actor is helming a project set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, and nothing has been said thus far about excluding Sabine Wren!

The project was first announced last November, Favreau was announced as the writer in March, and this week we learned the title and premise and got our first image of the titular gunfighter.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/3/17934746/star-wars-jon-favreau-live-action-disney-show-the-mandalorian

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/04/star-wars-first-photo-from-the-mandalorian-revealed

fxqygbp.jpg

Really looking forward to this. 

I've always been more interested in the rogues, scoundrels, bounty hunters, Storm Troopers and Clone Troopers side of Star Wars.

To be honest I find most Jedi pretty boring., with the exception of Obi Wan and Ahsoka.

... this feels like it might be a bad idea.

I mean, I know Star Wars fans love Boba Fett and all, but this seems like kind of a one-note concept that'll get old very fast.

IIRC, in Clone Wars, the Prime Minister of Mandalore denounced Jango Fett to Obi Wan which was rather interesting and explained (at least to me) why Jango went out of his way to procure a "clone" son in Boba Fett. Anyway, I thought that Clone Wars and Rebels did well to grow the seeds that KOTOR spread and create a more established Mandalore and Mandalorian culture. I am very curious to see what direction this web series takes.

I’m glad to see that it’s staying away from the core story. I’m not a fan of prequels, but I’m ok with side stories as long as they try not to be too much of an impact on the main story.

the universe is so large that a show like this could be great.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, electric indigo said:

It has the looks.

And: Oberyn Martell IN SPACE!

Looks like he's favoring range weapons again.

Better keep his distance if he's fighting a Hutt nick-named the Mountain. ;)

But if Favreau and Filoni are involved, I'll give it a shot.

Edited by Mog

Now this has me excited far more than that Episode 9 trailer. There is a rough trailer going around too. I assume a clear version will be out tomorrow if not soon. I was never the biggest Boba Fett fan. I didn't think his death was a big deal. And he did come back in the comic that might turn out to be a better story line than the new sequel movies. But this reminds me of Rogue One, which is a good thing. I don't like that the Clone Wars guy is involved as for every good episode there seemed to be two or three if not more bad ones. I stopped watching Clone Wars and only checked out a few episodes for specific characters. His Ahsoka death episode and bs press pissed me off. But with Favreau involved I bet this will be good. There is a cool shot of that IG-88 type robot which makes him look bad ass. I remember watching Empire as a kid and thinking that there must be something dangerous about that robot.

5 years after ROTJ. 

love it.  

I started out loving SW for the Jedi as a kid. But as an adult, began to identify with the Mando’s. Go figure:ph34r:

Joined the Mandalorian Mercs years back. This is something all Vode’ have been waiting for!