Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice :) I wonder how bad the PO madness will be?

Hopefully traffic will be reasonable since this valk doesn’t come with an exclusive display stand. 

You know that @jenius is going to have to get this one.... It's his namesake after all!

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice :) I wonder how bad the PO madness will be?

Hopefully traffic will be reasonable since this valk doesn’t come with an exclusive display stand. 

So this is the translation 

DX Superalloy VF-1A Valkyrie (Maximilian Genas machine) Release date: scheduled for September 2019 Manufacturer's suggested retail price: 19,440 yen (tax 8% included)

※ It is scheduled to open a reservation on Monday, April 8, 2019 at general dealership

(The presence or absence of reservation handling varies according to the store

So we are taking about Monday morning at 2:00 or 3:00 US EST n the morning it did not say and I cant remember what it was in the past. Any ideas?

Heh. Max's HUD is . . . very blue.

Almost looks like the 1A head has some hidden light piping or something. If it's just photoshop, it's a lot more convincing than what they usually do.

Edit:

TzONvcI.jpg

Ah. I guess it's probably 'cause the lens isn't entirely recessed like it is on the 1J.

Edited by Californium

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

:rofl:

OMG, that made my week!

Edited by slide

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Bring on the 1/48 TV Q-Rau!

It had better come with a pilot figure!

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Bring on the 1/48 TV Q-Rau!

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, now we're talkin'!

32 minutes ago, slide said:

It had better come with a pilot figure!

The question is how is Bandai going to improve the overall design and weight distribution from the Yammie 1/60 versions and the CMS versions of Milia and Max?

Just now, RED WOLF said:

On the 8th do we preorder at the usual Japanese retailers hlj, amazonjp, amiami or ?

Sorry never done this before

Usual sites like Amazon.jp, Amiami, NY, CDJapan and others.

I got my 1J from AmiAmi so I don’t remember, but was it available through Amazon.jp? They are becoming one of my favorite places to order from now.

Chris

8 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

On the 8th do we preorder at the usual Japanese retailers hlj, amazonjp, amiami or ?

Sorry never done this before

Hope we both will get this PO after missed the last one.

8 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Go Max!  Bring on VF-1A TV Kakizaki and VF-1S TV Roy!

This video is already making mistakes.  12 seconds in, we see Max shoot at 3 Zentradi pods and then fly by them.

The error in this video is that it shows Max not hitting any of these 3 pods, none of which were firing back at him.

In correct scene would have been having Max shoot at the 3 pods, destroying them, then flying by their exploding wreckage.

Come on animators, get it right next time!

I’m torn.  I am not enamoured of these DX’s as others here and only got the Hikaru 1J out of curiosity.  I have issues with some of the proportions and I simply don’t have the space.  On the other hand I have a weakness for all blue Valks and Max is my favorite character.

21 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I’m torn.  I am not enamoured of these DX’s as others here and only got the Hikaru 1J out of curiosity.  I have issues with some of the proportions and I simply don’t have the space.  On the other hand I have a weakness for all blue Valks and Max is my favorite character.

You’re doomed:)

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

well, the only way is to buy it and find out. :D,  you do have til September to make space :p

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Sell your 1J, create room and fund your 1A purchase.

I must be honest, transformation wise i prefer Yamato. On the other hand i always wanted a vermilion squadron in 1/48 scale. Either way i can't go wrong. I have the other Yamatos to play with, and these are all pretty and finished up, to display in whatever pose or mode i want. This is a win / win for me, UNLESS I am unable to pre-order this thing. Are we going to have a clock set for this? Like we did last time?

I am actually nervous about this. I NEED VERMILION NOW!

Judging by how quickly the 1J went on pre-order night and the jury wasn't really in yet on how it would actually look and handle in hand, I'm willing to bet going forward, these are going to be extremely hard to get on pre-order night. The scalpers now know they are excellent quality toys.  I hope I'm wrong. 

Edited by derex3592

I’m ok dropping 300 a pop shipped for the base team in DX form.  Here is why and I’m serious in this logic, not joking.  I will be 42 by the time they all get released.  I’ll be out at that point in regards to the next best valk to have in my lifetime. 

Not being morbid either, but Macross collecting to have that piece of childhood is like investing according to where you are in your life path.  It will be relaxing to no longer need to watch for new releases to then strategize on how to unload what was yesterday’s best.  

I almost punched out with Yamato and Arcadia’s V2’s, but the DX with the Tampo, Size, and for me the most important part, linebacker style proportions means this will be the final chapter.

to the youth, enjoy your journey, be responsible, and always know one thing and burn this into your thoughts:

You will always be able to engineer a way to get what you want at a later time.  Those thoughts that it’s now or never have screwed us all plenty of times.  

Just an old timer looking out.

Edited by Ridden001