Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

My only real complaint about the 1/48 DX is that it doesn't come with enough TV style hands, especially for Valks that are TV only.  I was hoping to get a TV style fist or two with this release, since we aren't getting a special display stand.  Doesn't look like that is going to happen.

It looks like this is the same price as the VF-1J, even though it doesn't have the extra stand.  Seems a little lame of Bandai to just give us objectively less for our money.  Oh well, I guess we'll save a tiny bit on shipping.

It would seem lame, if they didn't call Hikaru a special launch version and make a big point that it was coming with a special display stand as a bonus. They tried very hard to prepare us for future releases without the stand 'freebie'. I would love a lower price but it's hard to argue with the MSRP.

50 minutes ago, jenius said:

It would seem lame, if they didn't call Hikaru a special launch version and make a big point that it was coming with a special display stand as a bonus. They tried very hard to prepare us for future releases without the stand 'freebie'. I would love a lower price but it's hard to argue with the MSRP.

This. 

22 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Must resist....

I told myself I would not get the 1/48 DX line.... I skipped out on Hikaru.

But it is Max. I love Max. 

But he is too big. He won't fit in my dock.

Must resist.....

We’ve heard this before. Don’t worry, we won’t be upset when we see not only DX Max but the Hikaru that you tracked down in your collection. 

3 minutes ago, Phangry said:

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the Hikaru VF-1J last year (among a few other missed toys), so I need to make sure I don't let this one slip by.      

Bandai please reissue Hikaru's VF-1J.

I'm just incredibly lucky that I purchased a couple from @spanner in his going away, "everything must go," party.  I would still love one fresh out of the box so you would think that Bandai would re-release considering the initial release was positioned as "First Press Limited Edition."  But, yeah...

4 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I'm just incredibly lucky that I purchased a couple from @spanner in his going away, "everything must go," party.  I would still love one fresh out of the box so you would think that Bandai would re-release considering the initial release was positioned as "First Press Limited Edition."  But, yeah...

Bandai loves to keep their Macross toys scarce, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Kakizakiiiiii~~~!!:(

Too bad Kakizaki wasn't the one to get the first release slot for this 1/48 line, they could have included a half eaten steak as a "First Release" accessory. 

Edited by Phangry

59 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I might skip the  eventual M&M 1J 's but I sure am getting Max's 1A.  Just waiting for Bandai to release a zentradi uniform to go with it down the line...

TWE release that's for sure. Along with some mini-figs inside the pockets. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

There's someone missing on that last picture 

ep19_kakizaki_dies.png.dacd9131f7ce82f319aedf53bbdec690.png

1 hour ago, Phangry said:

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the Hikaru VF-1J last year (among a few other missed toys), so I need to make sure I don't let this one slip by.      

Bandai please reissue Hikaru's VF-1J.

I missed the Hikaru too. Was forced to pay a bit extra on release day. I really hope I don't have to this time around. But the PO madness on Sunday night is expected to be bad. So will not be too surprised if I end up in the same boat again.

1 hour ago, Phangry said:

Bandai loves to keep their Macross toys scarce, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Too bad Kakizaki wasn't the one to get the first release slot for this 1/48 line, they could have included a half eaten steak as a "First Release" accessory. 

I think we also need a Bretai DX model and a steel pipe accessory to go with the Kakizaki 1A... :D

9 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Oh man I'm so freaking excited for Max! I don't want to pose my toys too much to keep the joints nice and tight so if I am able to grab two Max DX toys I'll designate one of my Max toys as the "beater" VF-1 DX and pose/transform the heck out of it. Lol

Why not just grab 3 so you don't need to worry too much about the joints. Just leave each one in their 3 modes. And grab a fourth one to keep it MISB. ;) 

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Why not just grab 3 so you don't need to worry too much about the joints. Just leave each one in their 3 modes. And grab a fourth one to keep it MISB. ;) 

@Foblander will need a fifth one for "pose the heck out of it".

I will need one for "weather and custom paint the heck out of it". :)

15 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's what I did for the DX YF-19...

You're a great example to us all. :hail:

11 minutes ago, kkx said:

@Foblander will need a fifth one for "pose the heck out of it".

I will need one for "weather and custom paint the heck out of it". :)

Actually, the fifth one should be a 'just in case' situation.

Now, the fourth one is the 'pose/transformation the heck out of it.'

So basically, @Foblander needs 6 of it. 3 to have it in 3 modes without worrying about the joints. 1 for transforming and playing. 1 for MISB. And 1 for just in case.

Case closed. ^_^ 

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You're a great example to us all. :hail:

Actually, the fifth one should be a 'just in case' situation.

Now, the fourth one is the 'pose/transformation the heck out of it.'

So basically, @Foblander needs 6 of it. 3 to have it in 3 modes without worrying about the joints. 1 for transforming and playing. 1 for MISB. And 1 for just in case.

Case closed. ^_^ 

Ahh..... The "just in case" is important!

Creating more accounts on HLJ/AJ/AmiAmi as a preparation for this wise plan!

I have an understanding with the postman. Packages for Apt1-x (for all x) will be delivered to Apt1 regardless (just in case they try to verify shipping address on multiple accounts.

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Kakizaki's 1A better come with a fat pilot figure.

I always felt like Kakizaki wasn't so much "fat" as really just "big."  I get he is supposed to be sort of the "big buffoon" type character, but I think that has been exaggerated over time by fan perception and other non-canon stuff.  He is definitely the goofiest of the three, but he really doesn't do anything that ridiculous or stupid.  Of course he does die...

But I agree with the pilot size; Hikaru and Max can get away with being the same mold at these small scales, but Kakizaki definitely needs to look bigger.  Maybe that's part of the reason they make the VF-1 cockpits so big?

185?cb=20180715065656

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Kakizaki's 1A better come with a fat pilot figure.

ah - so all along Bandai had made the seats much bigger than the hikaru figure for a good reason!  To allow for a "plus size" Kakizaki pilot figure that will fit snugly into the space...

9 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I always felt like Kakizaki wasn't so much "fat" as really just "big."  I get he is supposed to be sort of the "big buffoon" type character, but I think that has been exaggerated over time by fan perception and other non-canon stuff.  He is definitely the goofiest of the three, but he really doesn't do anything that ridiculous or stupid.  Of course he does die...

But I agree with the pilot size; Hikaru and Max can get away with being the same mold at these small scales, but Kakizaki definitely needs to look bigger.  Maybe that's part of the reason they make the VF-1 cockpits so big?

185?cb=20180715065656

You beat me to that point on the seemingly loose pilot seats... let's see if they really make Kakizaki "to scale" :D

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

185?cb=20180715065656

We can all argue with that once Chuck's 31E arrives. ;)