Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

12 hours ago, recon said:

Precisely. the skull emblems should have being tampoed for super or strike bundle packs while the rest could have being tampoed with UN Spacy logo

What they really should have done make the area with the skull emblems on the Fast Packs a replaceable and include 5 different inlays: 4 for the Skull Squadron and one generic one. ^_^

16 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I kind of wish they'd always printed the skull logos on the fast packs.. but that would have limited how they're used.  I've just never felt like using the stickers on them, so all of mine are bare.

I actually disagree on this one, and that is part of the problem I have with the "premium" version in general.  I actually prefer the UN Spacy kite on most of my FAST packs.  Is it 100% anime accurate?  No, but I prefer the way it looks like that, and I'm glad I have the option.

I actually like some of the customization options I have with stickers, even if it isn't always 100% canon accurate:ohmy:.  I guess I'm just saying I hope they don't remove the sticker option for future releases, as I actually prefer that to having everything tampoe'd, regardless of price increase (I don't like that part either, ofc :lol:).

On 19/01/2017 at 8:14 AM, no3Ljm said:

It will have the 'new' Macross 35th Anniversary sticker just to differentiate. That's good, yes? :rolleyes:

macross-35th_30.jpg

I have a couple of the 30th anniversary stickers on my display cabinets which I'll have to upgrade to the 35th version sticker! Thanks for bringing that to my attention! ;)

2 hours ago, spanner said:

I have a couple of the 30th anniversary stickers on my display cabinets which I'll have to upgrade to the 35th version sticker! Thanks for bringing that to my attention! ;)

No problemo, Spanner. For sure by then they will already have an official 35th logo. ^_^ 

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

What they really should have done make the area with the skull emblems on the Fast Packs a replaceable and include 5 different inlays: 4 for the Skull Squadron and one generic one. ^_^

I really like the look of Hikaru's Valkyrie with the black skull emblem, not the red, so I wish this were a thing on this release.

Whoa!

Just seen this at HLJ front page.

Am I the only one that this is just no sense?

Even the color is horrible!

We need a reissue for M&M super VF-1J!

Edited by Froy

6 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

I really like the look of Hikaru's Valkyrie with the black skull emblem, not the red, so I wish this were a thing on this release.

I'm with you on this one. I think it looks better that way.

image.jpeg

22 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

15 hours ago, connor99 said:

I'm with you on this one. I think it looks better that way.

Sorry guys. Count me out on this one. For some reason, that black skull really works with Roy's yellow. But black skull for Hikaru's red? I don't think so. ;)

YAMA-1-60-MACROSS-VF-1S.jpg

YAMA-MACROSS-VF-1S_ichico.jpg

I prefer the RED background for Hikaru also.  The black background would work for pretty much any unit so a fastpack with the black sticker should blend well with any valk. 

I'm sure they played around the with coloring and which skull works with which background color.  Can you imagine a skull with yellow background for Roy?, now that would look terrible. 

I think they also made it a point for the color of the circle on the FAST pack to match the color of the heat shield in battroid for the DYRL styles. Of course, you could also say the black circle on all of skull squadron would mimic the fighter tail fin black color on all. For me: Hikaru = red accents.

22 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I think they also made it a point for the color of the circle on the FAST pack to match the color of the heat shield in battroid for the DYRL styles. Of course, you could also say the black circle on all of skull squadron would mimic the fighter tail fin black color on all. For me: Hikaru = red accents.

I agree.

IMG_2256.PNG

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 6:35 PM, sh9000 said:

I agree.

IMG_2256.PNG

Wait, what scene is that from?  I thought the only time Max was shown in a VF-1S was in atmosphere with no packs?

In any case though, Max's 1S is an anomaly, since while his 1A had a blue heatshield, his 1S was shown with a black one (or at least the 1/60th had one).

Either way, the color-coordinated skulls were really the only way to tell them apart in fighter mode, since most of the rest of their colored markings were hidden.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Wait, what scene is that from?  I thought the only time Max was shown in a VF-1S was in atmosphere with no packs?

In any case though, Max's 1S is an anomaly, since while his 1A had a blue heatshield, his 1S was shown with a black one (or at least the 1/60th had one).

Either way, the color-coordinated skulls were really the only way to tell them apart in fighter mode, since most of the rest of their colored markings were hidden.

I know. And I tried scrubbing my DYRL movie just to see if I missed that scene. But yeah, I only remember Max used the 1S during the dogfight with Millia with no Strike nor Super Packs on.

And I also wonder why Hikaru is the only one that have color coordinated skulls on the VF-1S heatshield for their respective 1/60 Valkyries? But their 1A's have the proper colors. But we never know for sure if Kakizaki have black heatshield too on his VF-1S. Assuming that he flew one before his death. Can't remember the modex number on his. Have to double-check. Since it's the only way to know if it was 1A or 1S. 

Edited by no3Ljm

Yeah, Kakizaki never made it to lead the group, and I'm not sure if we ever got to see his battroid either, but at least the Yamato releases gave everyone color matched heatshields on their 1As.

Being a flashback from 7 makes perfect sense though, I thought that shot looked more like a TV quality still than DYRL, and it couldn't have been a miscolored SDFM screenie, since they never used the strike packs.

I guess it's just an economies of scale thing. Bandai somehow manages to Tampo a crapload of stuff (sometimes even too much) onto the DX'es with no huge price increase while a smaller indie firm like arcadia has to mark up a 10-yr old toy another 100 bucks to tampo a tiny bit more.

Honestly instead of the tampo people should just buy sets of 1/60 decals that are widely available on ebay and whatnot and do a quick future -> decals -> flat-coat (though that's only for peeps that model. pure toy collectors are kinda sol)

Edited by Duymon

16 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

What I would love for the special release is a pair of hands to recreate Hikaru's salute right before he makes his strike run on Boldoza.  I keep wanting to sculpt a set, but haven't had time.  

+1

Wow! The tampo print sample from Mr.K looks good! This has got to the the new definitive valk to have! But is it enough to sway me to get one? Maybe at the normal price point but I'm not paying 10k yen extra for this. 

I think they should have made this standard. It would give people more reason to buy and they would make more money me thinks. Bad move Arcadia! :(

2 hours ago, QEssential said:

Wow! The tampo print sample from Mr.K looks good! This has got to the the new definitive valk to have! But is it enough to sway me to get one? Maybe at the normal price point but I'm not paying 10k yen extra for this. 

I think they should have made this standard. It would give people more reason to buy and they would make more money me thinks. Bad move Arcadia! :(

I think this will be the standard if this sells well. I bet you Arcadia is trying this out to see which version makes more money. If it does well enough, i don't doubt Arcadia will only offer the premium finish at the premium price.

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

I think this will be the standard if this sells well. I bet you Arcadia is trying this out to see which version makes more money. If it does well enough, i don't doubt Arcadia will only offer the premium finish at the premium price.

If that will be the case, I think I'm DONE collecting VF-1's from Arcadia/Yamato. The only thing I'm waiting for is for Arcadia to reissue Hikaru's VF-1A in normal version (using their recent white paint). I have NO plans on replacing all the hard effort and hard earned money that I threw on getting all the VF-1's that I want with a premium finish look afterwards. I still want to experience and enjoy putting the markings on mine. ^_^