Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

I'd prefer to see other parts of the plane.  Like how the No Step tampos turn out on the wings, or how much of the additional markings they have on smaller bits like the hips or the back portions of the fighter.  Hell, even the under carriage and what's on the gear doors.  Also what the fast packs just look like in general.

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I think this will be the standard if this sells well. I bet you Arcadia is trying this out to see which version makes more money. If it does well enough, i don't doubt Arcadia will only offer the premium finish at the premium price.

That could be, and I wouldn't be unhappy with that result. But I also gotta say that learning how to finish and seal a Valkyrie would be fun too, so I don't want the regular releases to disappear either. Given that, I wouldn't mind having both: one regular release to sticker myself and one premium release with the markings done at the factory. That would finally give me a reason to double dip, and not feel bad about it. :p 

Anyway, I think Arcadia would be in a better position to continue to offer the premium finish as an option for future hero Valkyries, if Hikaru's premium release is successful. I think it would also be neat if Arcadia added other things to the premium line, like maybe some of those custom Arcadia/TREX pieces that historically were only Wonderfest exclusives? I don't know how far they would be able to take the premium thing, but it would be cool if they could extend it beyond paint and markings.

I guess it's wait and see for now.

Edited by technoblue

but if they only offer the premium finish on all their future valks, the extra volume should drop their per unit cost on their tampoing.  with only 1 line, it wiil be a standard release , which will then have normal distribution, and preorder discount.  The end result price wouldn't be that off from the regular version pricing.  I would Estimate at 4000 yen difference before preorder discount and possibly 2500 yen difference after preorder discount.  If it's anything close to those numbers it'll be all Premium finish for me in the Future. B))

Trimming those stickers and apply to the valk can take a lot of time. ;)  

I did my first ever valk, the Yamato relase VF-1A Super/Strike variant back a few years ago.  I did every single marking from a set of custom decals I bought through ebay.  I enjoyed doing it, but it also took a LONG time.  While an extra hundred (for us Aussies) seems extreme, I'm not sure I'd have been willing to do one on commission for much less than that.  So it's a pretty hefty markup but I don't think it's so bad considering how much time the average person would spend doing it with comparable quality.

That said, when something like this is "mass" produced (even in smaller quantities this is likely to be) I would expect the price to be far more reasonable.  That and the overall price of the toy is what's scaring me off.  I just can't bring myself to pay that much anymore.  Not for a VF-1, even if it comes with the extra super/strike parts.  The regular version isn't so bad a price though.  If my tastes were more DYRL in nature, I'd have bitten.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

If that will be the case, I think I'm DONE collecting VF-1's from Arcadia/Yamato. The only thing I'm waiting for is for Arcadia to reissue Hikaru's VF-1A in normal version (using their recent white paint). I have NO plans on replacing all the hard effort and hard earned money that I threw on getting all the VF-1's that I want with a premium finish look afterwards. I still want to experience and enjoy putting the markings on mine. ^_^

... even if they release M&M 1J afterwards with premium finish only?

1 hour ago, F360 said:

but if they only offer the premium finish on all their future valks, the extra volume should drop their per unit cost on their tampoing.  with only 1 line, it wiil be a standard release , which will then have normal distribution, and preorder discount.  The end result price wouldn't be that off from the regular version pricing.  I would Estimate at 4000 yen difference before preorder discount and possibly 2500 yen difference after preorder discount.  If it's anything close to those numbers it'll be all Premium finish for me in the Future. B))

Trimming those stickers and apply to the valk can take a lot of time. ;)  

I think the figure you gave is fair. IF the actual price difference is around 2000-3000 yen, I'm all in. And I think a lot of people will go for it as well. 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Premium Finish PO cancelled. Most 'tampo' still looks like 'stickers'. :ph34r:

<snip>

:lol: The group shots look legit to me, where the pieces are lined up next to each other. The close-up shots of sections (cockpit, armor) look like mock-ups, which is what I expected to see. 

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup. Sorry to disappoint you sir but I'm not a big fan of the couple. :rolleyes:

For me, it's as much about the 1J as it is about the characters.

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

:lol: The group shots look legit to me, where the pieces are lined up next to each other. The close-up shots of sections (cockpit, armor) look like mock-ups, which is what I expected to see. 

For me, it's as much about the 1J as it is about the characters.

Actually I'm not against the VF-1J in a sense since I want to have a VF-1J CF someday too. But it's more of the color I guess than the characters is what I meant. I love red on Valks but that's TOO red for me. ;) 

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

81 cents actually.

Basing on Arcadia site MSRP, it will be like 50-54 cents atleast per tampo. I guess if you buy directly from Arcadia it will be cheaper. But you need a proxy to do that. So if we're going to use Nippon-Yasan's pricing then yes, it will end up from 85-89 cents per tampo. Man, why we're computing this? :lol:

42 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Some of them def look like stickers but I'm still getting one.  This will be my first 1/60 vf-1 so I'm excited to finally get my hands on one.

Good for you sir! Like I said new comers will benefit more for this Premium Finish release. ;)

39 minutes ago, grogall said:

Some of these really look like stickers, but i'm game.... Anyone know a good european dealer with fair price's for this?

From my interpretation using google translator I'm guessing those are stickers except for the chest pieces and legs pics. It's a guide showing where the Tampo will be. The actual finished version isn't complete yet and will be done later due to the Chinese New Yea holiday and they'll do a comparison shoot later.

Edit: Also the Arcadia website has the same pics for both with the only difference is the premium has notes on the bottom stating (via Google translate) "It becomes the special specification version which applied the tampon printing to the marking place. Because the image will be a prototype, it may differ from the actual production.

Edited by wmkjr

48 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

From my interpretation using google translator I'm guessing those are stickers except for the chest pieces and legs pics. It's a guide showing where the Tampo will be. The actual finished version isn't complete yet and will be done later due to the Chinese New Yea holiday and they'll do a comparison shoot later.

Edit: Also the Arcadia website has the same pics for both with the only difference is the premium has notes on the bottom stating (via Google translate) "It becomes the special specification version which applied the tampon printing to the marking place. Because the image will be a prototype, it may differ from the actual production.

3 minutes ago, neko878 said:

Hmm...not sure what to say about the tampos.  Some look like stickers and some don't.  Now I'm the fence about going back to the movie ver. :unsure:

1-27-2017 1-13-52 PM.jpg

1-27-2017 1-16-45 PM.jpg

This was just explained two posts above yours.

so i have to admit it does look a little cooler with all those markings....not $100 cooler though, and heck no i'm not going to rebuy everything in premium finish because it won't now match (not like it matches with yamato dyrl anyway although i do think this scheme looks better in the more pure white vs. off white).  this should be the way it was released the first time or at least the first time as arcadia.

The dark side is tempting me to switch my movie ver order to the premium ver. Then again should i sell away my movie ver VF-1S Roy in the hope they might release a premium ver? What im afraid that this will be a one off thing due to the lack of demand due the prices they are commanding

Actually getting tempted now.

Haven't placed a pre-order for either version but there are other items competing for my dollar in April. Even without the question of whether or not the 'Premium' version is worth the cost I may or may not order.

Especially since it's just another Hikaru variant.

Talk Max and then you'd have my full attention.

-b.

26 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Actually getting tempted now.

Haven't placed a pre-order for either version but there are other items competing for my dollar in April. Even without the question of whether or not the 'Premium' version is worth the cost I may or may not order.

Especially since it's just another Hikaru variant.

Talk Max and then you'd have my full attention.

-b.

The temptation. You have to fight it, B! ^_^ 

giphy.gif