Jump to content

Arcadia VF-5000G


daBlah!
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

since I am a social media dinosaur and do not partake of it, does the twitter post mention when we might see more than the ankles of the VF-5000G?  I feel like this is some sort of 1950's bikini model reveal photo.

Twich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twich said:

since I am a social media dinosaur and do not partake of it, does the twitter post mention when we might see more than the ankles of the VF-5000G?  I feel like this is some sort of 1950's bikini model reveal photo.

Twich

Probably on Wonderfest (July 23rd/24th).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Looking pretty good overall. The booster still seems too low though.

Also a little worried about how fragile looking the area is where the legs seem to attach at the thinnest point of the intake.

It's similar to Yamato's VF-19 toys and one had disintegrated on me at that attachment point while having been displayed in battroid mode only a few months after getting it.

I never paid attention before, but it seems like its transformation has a lot of similarities to the YF/VF-19 with regards to the arms and legs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The VF-5000 looks good but I think the head turret looks too bland. 
I don’t know what the could do to satisfy Kawamori maybe give the face blade a coat of darker green paint. Or a black Outline around the camera glass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm i cant shake the notion that the 1/60 vf-5000 and a HMR 1/100 VF-0 'might' just be physically of equal size....

How big would a large HMR valk say the vf-2ss loook on that arcadia stand...

 

94d1e0281d3226e3bf5a46ca800c6f76.gif.a20af9259f027499a6c37538dc5c9e57.gif

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chriswoo said:

look great on the final product except i don't like the color theme. look like rock and roll 80's vibe haha however going to press PO button if they ever announce. 

Thank you, I was thinking to be the only one with this feeling. I will PO for sure this first edition, but seriously can we hope for a more modern color scheme after this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, let's see how sales do for the first release. Maybe Arcadia will consider redecos (e.g. Yamato YF-19 and its blue and orange variants) if this one does well. I personally LOVE the color scheme - it just screams Macross 7. I cannot wait to get a preorder in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully there’s still time for Arcadia to refine things. The head laser pivot is big and blocky and, at least in this pic, wasn’t or couldn’t be recessed into the head in fighter mode. 
 

But hey, it’s a mass produced Star Mirage! What a world we live in!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

Hopefully there’s still time for Arcadia to refine things. The head laser pivot is big and blocky and, at least in this pic, wasn’t or couldn’t be recessed into the head in fighter mode. 
 

But hey, it’s a mass produced Star Mirage! What a world we live in!

I imagine with the booster attached it simply can't recess into the head.  Otherwise it would be sticking into the booster like we saw with an earlier design.  I'm assuming they aren't going to lengthen the pylons for the booster at this point so the only other option is to allow the laser to sit flush.  I'll bet if the booster isn't attached the laser will sit correct.  I don't think they could change anything at this point, that looks like a pretty far along demo unit.  Except for a few warped seams it looks fully intact.  No tape this time.

I know we all want our alternate liveries but I'm assuming, given how Arcadia works, unless it's an in animation scheme (minus the VF-4 oddity) we aren't ever going to see alternates for it.  Maybe they'll hit up the VF-X2, M3 or Plus liveries but at this point I'm even doubtful about that.  You'd think maybe the Raven's scheme could work because it's nearly a Roy/Hikaru Skull Squadron analog but I'm not convinced they'll do any more.  We'd have to buy the crap out of this one for even a prayer of others I'd imagine.

Edited by Mommar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2022 at 12:30 AM, MacrossJunkie said:

I never paid attention before, but it seems like its transformation has a lot of similarities to the YF/VF-19 with regards to the arms and legs.

That's one of the things that's made me question the design lineage.  It usually shows VF-1->3000->5000->11->19.  To me the 5000 looks like it's in the 11 configuration but with the 19's transformation.  Almost like the 5000 and 11 should be parallel tracks and the 19 is the result of both merging back together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given the 5000 was designed to be kinda cheap and it was Shinsei Industry’s first produced VF, some similarities to the VF-11, which was also intended to work in atmosphere as well as in space, are unavoidable. It looks like Shinsei were so pleased with the transformation sequence in the Star Mirage that when Project Supernova came along they saved resources keeping the “core mechanisms” of the 5000 intact and “hung” all the bits that made the 19 off of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is really awesome. I'm very happy to see this coming along ! Love the Macross colors, will love to see more custom variants. But they probably won't be from Arcadia. Unless these completely sell out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

No speakers?

PO cancelled! :rolleyes:

280556621_2841678766136132_3671337136310

Maybe they will attach via magnet?

Is this the 5000T-G variant? It has 2 head laser turrets. Also it would be nice if the actual toy canopy opens like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Is this the 5000T-G variant? It has 2 head laser turrets. Also it would be nice if the actual toy canopy opens like that.

Yes...but the G variant can also be fitted with the speaker pods...

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-5000g-superbooster-speaker.htm

It's such a tiny set of options that I'd be surprised if Arcadia would not include them.....guess if they don't it'd be a good opportunity for someone to make some side cash by designing some and selling on shapeways....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It's such a tiny set of options that I'd be surprised if Arcadia would not include them.....guess if they don't it'd be a good opportunity for someone to make some side cash by designing some and selling on shapeways....

If Bandai was making this valk, they'd create a TWE add-on set just for the speakers and charge $150.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

If Bandai was making this valk, they'd create a TWE add-on set just for the speakers and charge $150.

Which they will never, ever reissue, no matter how popular or in demand it is. Because it's not Gundam and Bandai hates you for not being more into Gundam. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Yes...but the G variant can also be fitted with the speaker pods...

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-5000g-superbooster-speaker.htm

It's such a tiny set of options that I'd be surprised if Arcadia would not include them.....guess if they don't it'd be a good opportunity for someone to make some side cash by designing some and selling on shapeways....

We will see, seeing that there's no indication that there's a hole reserved for the shoulder armor to put that on. Yes, maybe via magnets.

For now, I'm not sure if I'm going to preorder this when it becomes available. I want to have one even though I'm not a fan of M7/Dynamite. It has to do with the colors. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...