Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

56 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Otakon on left, prev display from a couple months ago on right

So is the pic on the left a camera/lighting thing, or do you think they changed to a deeper blue on this version?

I honestly can't see any differences between the 2

image.png.e79d8f917abc8b346debeee939acd626.png

Most likely the same prototype.

Just already loose. 

Bandai Bandai'd themselves...

:bump:

:5:

5 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

That back angle photo is bugging me now that I'm looking at it on something other than my phone screen. I'll re-take it with proper focus tomorrow. Let me know if there is anything else you would like focus on.

Whatever you can, sir. I already appreciate seeing the other angles at this point. :wub::drinks:

If ever you're going to have an opportunity again on taking new photos, can you see if you can have a glimpse on if those side skirts can be pose angled towards the back. I have a feeling that it can't due to the backpack. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Wow.. I don't think we'd had any pics from those angles before.  That torso is deep. :blink: 

Another reason to appreciate what the Yamato design was able to pull off.

Yeah, the legs are skinny, but they pulled off a solid design that looks good in all three modes.

Still haven’t seen Gerwalk for Bandai’s rendition all this time either.

While all the details are nice, the thickness just doesn't sit right with me.  Nor do I like the narrow back plate (between the engines) the collapsing nacelles are interesting but need to see more pictures all around to make a good judgement.  Still prefering the small legged Yamato at this point.

I had never noticed the back engines slide in-interesting approach to not having them hang down so low

image.png.a0f91a0dc9d0644cfec4a815a96474bd.png

image.png.0539f93ac475edf7d66f2c9d3844268e.png

Could you get a shot of the engines outlets? I hope they are not just square and share some angulations! I always loved this line art

image.png.236af20490484f0ae12a31f8346e46c7.png

28 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I had never noticed the back engines slide in-interesting approach to not having them hang down so low

image.png.a0f91a0dc9d0644cfec4a815a96474bd.png

image.png.0539f93ac475edf7d66f2c9d3844268e.png

In fairness, Yamato’s backpack also raises/slides up for battroid and Gerwalk:

large.gallery_3595_72_159845.jpg.41219feb0cf752c4bb36209d71c52ecf.jpglarge.gallery_3595_72_100048.jpg.fa76708b4ab47038f71e78de075efbfa.jpg

Yeah, but the difference there is that Bandai's has five trunks' worth of junk back there, and has to collapse twice.  There look to be two separate sliding actions involved, with both the forward streamlined fairings and the rear boxy portions all moving up.

That's what I feel is the biggest detractor from the fighter mode, the giant chonky butt this thing has.  If they had extended the arms to be longer (which is also very much needed) and stretched the wings further back, putting the tails more toward the exhausts, it would have helped the wonky proportions a lot, but the tails look so close to the center of lift that it would actually render them useless as control surfaces.

13 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

gotta be honest, the more i see it, the less i like it.......

Yeah I think I'm here too. Especially given these thoughts:

15 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Wow.. I don't think we'd had any pics from those angles before.  That torso is deep. :blink: 

9 hours ago, treatment said:

preliminary backside shots comparo based on existing shots...

<snip>

I know I said way back when that I thought I was sold, but now I don't know. I honestly think I prefer the Yamato even in Battroid, just based on pictures. At this point about the only thing pushing me to get this is that I don't have a Yamato and they're so expensive now.