2 hours ago, Negotiator said:

Yikes....If true he knew what he signed up for, but I do think the Helmet thing is kind of dumb. Particularly, as Clone Wars and Rebels (also by Filoni) clearly contradicts the “Rule”

Chris 

Great.....

I have to say....the whole Mandalorian thing about never removing their helmets was BS.....especially after Clone Wars and Rebels....I wonder who came up with that nonsense?  Guessing it was Favreau...and they can't fire him or The Mandalorian will go to shiet just like the Sequel Trilogy....

Maybe they could do something where he is faced with a moral decision that clashes with his personal beliefs that forces him to stop following "The Way"

Just now, jvmacross said:

Great.....

I have to say....the whole Mandalorian thing about never removing their helmets was BS.....especially after Clone Wars and Rebels....I wonder who came up with that nonsense?  Guessing it was Favreau...and they can't fire him or The Mandalorian will go to shiet just like the Sequel Trilogy....

Maybe they could do something where he is faced with a moral decision that clashes with his personal beliefs that forces him to stop following "The Way"

Maybe if the rumors about Sabine making an appearance are true she could teach him that not all Mandalorians follow that rule. In fact most don’t and only his more “fanatical” group still does. 

Chris

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Maybe if the rumors about Sabine making an appearance are true she could teach him that not all Mandalorians follow that rule. In fact most don’t and only his more “fanatical” group still does. 

Chris

That's what I was thinking.....what if he is part of a small sect within Mandalorian society that still follows the old ways....or what if the "rule" only pertains to "naturalized" Mandalorians.....and then the Mandalorians we know from Clone Wars and Rebels show up and more or less tell him and his group to catch up with the times....or he becomes romantically involved with one of those Mandalorians and decides to finally ditch the "way" for the nookie then later regretting it! LOL

Edited by jvmacross

7 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

That's what I was thinking.....what if he is part of a small sect within Mandalorian society that still follows the old ways....or what if the "rule" only pertains to "naturalized" Mandalorians.....and then the Mandalorians we know from Clone Wars and Rebels show up and more or less tell him and his group to catch up with the times....or he becomes romantically involved with one of those Mandalorians and decides to finally ditch the "way" for the nookie!

I go along with something like this.  Foundling Mandalorians follow the ancient ways where the helmets are never removed except around those of their own clan.  Those born on Mandalore do remove their helmets, as they are born into the warrior culture.  It could also be that after the purge the majority of Mandos reverted back to the old ways in a gambit to maintain and reinforce their cultural identity.  More progressive Mandos, like Sabine's clan, are the "Reformed Mandos" who are ok with removing their helmets when in polite company, or to conceal their identity as necessary.

5 hours ago, Negotiator said:

I dunno, I've never heard of Grace Randolph until now, but she doesn't come across as a very credible journalist.  Her presentation screams "click and subscribe"

I could be very well wrong, but that's just my first impression of her.  

The other thing to consider is that Season 2’s filming probably started around the time the first few Season 1 episodes aired and then wrapped up before COVID hit.

So, tensions could have bubbled up.  But when everyone saw how the series went over like crazy, they probably all calmed down.

Just my usual speculation/wild-ass guessing.

Well, if we want to make wild-ass guesses....it's possible Pedro Pascal was told the helmet would come off eventually ...."don't worry"...and technically it did, but not what he expected....I am sure it's not just about the acting with these Hollywood types...have to have your face on the screen too to be better able to "execute your craft properly".....again, I have to say for such a titular role, seems silly to have created a "rule" that the main star always keeps his mask on.....may as well have just hired anybody for it....

I figure he's referring to the newer(better!) Dredd movie, non-Stallone,  Karl-Urban-starring one, where they stated true to character, and you NEVER saw him unhelmeted.   However, Dredd-style "mouth-only" still gives a much greater level of emoting etc, than TOTAL concealment like a Mando helmet. 

6 minutes ago, azrael said:

Cuz of the helmet, a stunt guy could play the Mando through the whole show.

Even the voice could be dubbed by a sound-alike.  It's not particularly distinctive.

YouTube parodies have already suggested as much.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:33 AM, azrael said:

Cuz of the helmet, a stunt guy could play the Mando through the whole show.

A read that a lot of the time this is actually the case and Pedro Pascal is not actually in the suit that much and mostly just does the voice work.

Dunno how true that is though.

14 hours ago, sqidd said:

Seems pretty ballsy for someone who could be replaced by well, just about anyone.

he's right you know - Morgan Freeman He's Right You Know | Meme Generator