That was

Spoiler

Boba Fett at the end, right?!  :spiteful:

For anyone who’s played the original Knights of the Old Republic, there were a few nerdy Easter eggs for us.

And nice to see the Tuskens riding Banthas single file. :yahoo:

Episodic stand-alone, but was fun to see the characters again.

Spoiler

And leave it to the Jawas to be jacking people's ish.

Edited by Mog

Spoiler

I don't get it...The Mandalorian went from ready to spill blood in front of Baby Yoda.....to risking his life and mission to help some hicks in the middle of nowhere?  The Mando is such a softy these days..... but I guess killing the guy would have made for a very short episode...lol

Everything that followed in the episode was great, but it was all based off of a WTF moment........

And if that was Boba Fett at the end.....why hasn't he reclaimed his armor sooner...because the story demanded it?  Maybe it is one of those Clone guys travelling with Ahsoka and Sabine?

Also, why is he having such a hard time finding his Mandalorian folk?  They did not have a contingency plan?  A meet up at on Planet X if all goes to sheet?

With all my nitpicks....the episode was still better than the entirety of the Sequel Trilogy!!! :good:

Edited by jvmacross

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

This episode hits all the nostalgia buttons. 

Yep!

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't get it...The Mandalorian went from ready to spill blood in front of Baby Yoda.....to risking his life and mission to help some hicks in the middle of nowhere?  The Mando is such a softy these days..... but I guess killing the guy would have made for a very short episode...lol

Everything that followed in the episode was great, but it was all based off of a WTF moment........

And if that was Boba Fett at the end.....why hasn't he reclaimed his armor sooner...because the story demanded it?  Maybe it is one of those Clone guys travelling with Ahsoka and Sabine?

Also, why is he having such a hard time finding his Mandalorian folk?  They did not have a contingency plan?  A meet up at on Planet X if all goes to sheet?

With all my nitpicks....the episode was still better than the entirety of the Sequel Trilogy!!! :good:

Spoiler

Well he was about to kill the Marshal (Timothy Olyphant) but the Krayt dragon showed up. Was that the WTF moment? Or the choice the Mandalorian made to not murder him while the town was rumbling?

My bet is that it was Boba, but it very well could have been a decoy for one of the Clone Troopers. 

I didn't watch/finish the Clone Wars animated series and I didn't watch much of Rebels but I gather they've covered a lot of ground with regards to Mandalore and it's culture. I feel like there are probably some answers to why the various cells aren't connected. But it also makes sense from a security standpoint to have those cells remain complexly independent of each other if your culture has almost been wiped out and you're in pure survival mode. 

Can't wait to see where the series goes and if all of the pre-drama about the story becoming less "The" Mandalorian-centric is founded or just more internet noise lol.

-b.

On 11/1/2020 at 10:42 PM, jvmacross said:

:rofl:

On 10/31/2020 at 12:26 PM, jvmacross said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Well, being ready to spill blood and still being able to protect people do not have to be exclusive. Under that hard beskar armor, he is a bit of a softy, as we know from Season 1 that he is willing to protect other innocents too.

Edited by Thom

1 hour ago, Thom said:
  Hide contents

Well, being ready to spill blood and still being able to protect people do not have to be exclusive. Under that hard beskar armor, he is a bit of a softy, as we know from Season 1 that he is willing to protect other innocents too.

Spoiler

In this case, they sort of are....he shows up and demands the armor "out of the blue" when he realizes the marshall is not Mandalorian.....then he is willing to "barter" for it when a few moments ago there was no way the Marshall had any rights to it?  It just seemed to make no sense.....he at first was sort of fanatical in his demand...it is the way and all.....but then, let's say he failed to kill the dragon...he would walk away without the armor?...to heck with the Mandalorian ways?  I mean what exactly kind of Mandalorian nonsense is this?  Additionally, he seems to be taking way too many unnecessary risks with Baby Yoda......maybe he figures Baby Yoda can take care of himself?  Toss a Force Choke at a would-be kidnapper? :unknw:

Let's face it....the scene was rushed for the sake of the plot, which when examined too closely, cracks easily

If Captain Rex makes an appearance in this show, will Temuera Morrison know how to play him?  Capt Rex and Jango Fett share the same DNA, but they had drastically different personalities.  

I just hope that he's able to capture some of that personality we all grew to like from the Clone Wars and Rebels.

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:
  Hide contents

In this case, they sort of are....he shows up and demands the armor "out of the blue" when he realizes the marshall is not Mandalorian.....then he is willing to "barter" for it when a few moments ago there was no way the Marshall had any rights to it?  It just seemed to make no sense.....he at first was sort of fanatical in his demand...it is the way and all.....but then, let's say he failed to kill the dragon...he would walk away without the armor?...to heck with the Mandalorian ways?  I mean what exactly kind of Mandalorian nonsense is this?  Additionally, he seems to be taking way too many unnecessary risks with Baby Yoda......maybe he figures Baby Yoda can take care of himself?  Toss a Force Choke at a would-be kidnapper? :unknw:

Let's face it....the scene was rushed for the sake of the plot, which when examined too closely, cracks easily

Spoiler

That implies that he had any doubt that he would fail.:D To him, he probably figured he'd get the armor anyway, the Marshall turned out not to be a bad dude and those people needed help, so win, win, win.:drinks:

55 minutes ago, Thom said:
  Hide contents

That implies that he had any doubt that he would fail.:D To him, he probably figured he'd get the armor anyway, the Marshall turned out not to be a bad dude and those people needed help, so win, win, win.:drinks:

Spoiler

Nah....the best scenario that makes the course of events sort of work was that he knew that he would need backup to take down the dragon once he realized what he was dealing with...he had more trust in the tuskens than the marshall to help him get the job done....thus why he took the marshall (or more precisely the holy mandalorian armor) out of the fight so it wouldn't get swallowed by the beast....to me the biggest risk was leaving Baby Yoda unattended while he was fighting the dragon....but for that I think he feels Yoda isn't that "vulnerable" these days...lol

Cobb Vanth was an interesting choice to pull in from the extended universe. Disney did switch up the retelling of how he appropriated Boba Fett's armour. I wonder if that was intentionally misleading to keep some of his backstory mysterious or if they really are changing those events to keep things simple? Anyway, although the first episode felt like a stock spaghetti western, I'm curious to see what they'll do with Vanth later on. The obvious exchange between him and Mando at the end gives room for more character development. The other Easter Eggs in this episode were a nice touch too.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:
  Hide contents

Nah....the best scenario that makes the course of events sort of work was that he knew that he would need backup to take down the dragon once he realized what he was dealing with...he had more trust in the tuskens than the marshall to help him get the job done....thus why he took the marshall (or more precisely the holy mandalorian armor) out of the fight so it wouldn't get swallowed by the beast....to me the biggest risk was leaving Baby Yoda unattended while he was fighting the dragon....but for that I think he feels Yoda isn't that "vulnerable" these days...lol

Never mind. I forget how to do spoilers. Thought I did but it wasn’t working

Edited by Dobber

I'd like to do away with no spoilers.  Once something airs on TV or in theaters it should be fair game.  Don't want read spoilers?  Don't look up reviews.   The fun talking about the latest shows is sharing your thoughts and theories while it is all fresh.  

That's my non-official opinion.

Our spoiler policy for TV shows is 48 hours after original air date. One could consider this show a TV show, but obviously it’s not. 
The problem with streaming shows is the release schedule (Netflix-all-at-once vs weekly release) and the “watch-when-you-want” viewing habits of streaming. 48-hours after release date is fine for weekly shows, but for binge shows, I’d probably say 1-2 weeks after release. But that’s under ideal conditions.