29 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

They "get" it so much that the masses are turning a blind eye to them reintroducing the "M" thing! :rolleyes:

I caught it and groaned internally. At least they didn't 'say' the word midoclhorine'itismaorwhateverthedamwordis. C'mon Mandalorian, keep it mystical!:D

Edited by Thom

8 minutes ago, Thom said:

I caught it and groaned internally. At least they didn't 'say' the word midoclhorine'itismaorwhateverthedamwordis. C'mon Mandalorian, keep it mystical!:D

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan in the end. Especially given...

Edited to remove spoiler that didn't want to be hidden.

Edited by renegadeleader1
Spoiler is broken.

[She's] no Jedi.

Spoiler

So,

• Luke?
  • Ezra Bridger?
  • Quinlan Vos?
  • Cal Kestis (Fallen Order video game)

I guess titling the next episode, "The :db: Jedi :db:'" would have been too on the nose.  And "The Former Padawan Who's Not a Jedi But Leans Towards the Light Side" and "The Former Jedi Apprentice" would have been too long.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

[She's] no Jedi.

Hide contents

So,

• Luke?
  • Ezra Bridger?
  • Quinlan Vos?
  • Cal Kestis (Fallen Order video game)

I guess titling the next episode, "The :db: Jedi :db:'" would have been too on the nose.  And "The Former Padawan Who's Not a Jedi But Leans Towards the Light Side" and "The Former Jedi Apprentice" would have been too long.

Kyle Katarn :)

So... I was think about the end game for this series and THE CHILD and it made me think he is actually YODA. But how is that so? Hear me out on this as it involves time travel and a paradox!

• The Child is a clone of Yoda but is also a younger self of Yoda. Whoa!
  • Along with Ahsoka Tano I suspect we'll see Ezra show up too.
  • Eventually Ahsoka and/or Ezra will take The Child through a time portal that we saw in REBELS, either by accident or on purpose.
  • I bet they go back almost a thousand years since we know Yoda was over 900 years old when he passed in RoTJ.
  • They'll also be taking with them the 'prophecy of the Chosen One' too.

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

So... I was think about the end game for this series and THE CHILD and it made me think he is actually YODA. But how is that so? Hear me out on this as it involves time travel and a paradox!

• Eventually Ahsoka and/or Ezra will take The Child through a time portal that we saw in REBELS, either by accident or on purpose.
  • I bet they go back almost a thousand years since we know Yoda was over 900 years old when he passed in RoTJ.

Thoughts?

Depends on how the series treats the Jedi. The Mandalorian so far has followed the more grounded approach of Rogue One and has so avoided the more fantastic elements of Star Wars. 

I don't really see the show runners deviating much from that, even with the inclusion of Ahsoka and any other Jedi, Sith or Force-users. But...who knows, and it's an interesting theory. 

That said, I'm totally with you on a stronger connection between Baby Yoda and Old Man Yoda besides just being members of the same species, but flip a coin on how they'll play it. I'd also really like to see a live action Ezra and Sabine but not until the last season(s).

-b.

I know the next episode is entitled "The Jedi", but what if there's massive misdirection, there's no Ahsoka in this episode, and instead Mando meets up with an actual, admitted Jedi, one Kyle K? That would be crazy. Honestly though, with all this EU and Legends stuff becoming canon again, Kyle seems a no-brainer, he's a massive fan favorite, and a damn fine character all his own. We'll see, I'm guessing it will just be Ahsoka saving Mando's ass against some crazy odds, all not-Jedi style :). 

17 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Thoughts?

yeah....I thought he was a clone since the first episode.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45947-the-mandalorian-star-wars-webseries-from-jon-favreau/?do=findComment&comment=1495575

.....he could be Yoda in the DNA sense, but not the Yoda we have known prior to The Mandalorian...that would be odd even using the "World Between Worlds" concept....taking Yoda out of any point of his life/timeline affects his existence in the remainder of his timeline...so if you pluck him out at birth/50 years after and then place him into the timeline of the Mandalorian means he has not existed or been a part of any Star Wars character's life in the 900 years that he had been alive.....of course, if that happened, then the events in the Mandalorian are not occurring based on the events we currently know about...meaning PT and OT events as we know them.....but based on what we have seen on the Mandalorian, I feel that we are still following along the timeline that has been established by the films of the PT and ST and anything in-between.....

Regardless, anything inbetween ROTJ and TROS is now ultimately part of Darth Sidious' (or someone else's?) long game....

As a side note...I really do not like the concept of the "World Between Worlds" or time travel in Star Wars...essentially Star Wars is now ripe for rebooting anything and anyone....it may as well be part of Disney's Marvel Multiverse

I guess none of this should come as a shock to any of us........

Edited by jvmacross

I won't give away any big spoilers but the name of the Episode is called "The Jedi" and you can figure out that he does meet a "Jedi."

I have an issue with the Jedi outside of the movies.  Everything we learned from the original trilogy tells us that Obi-wan and Yoda were all that was left of the Jedi.  Luke Skywalker their student was the return of the Jedi.  To the fans the Jedi, their powers and lightsabers are the coolest thing.   All stories about Star Wars needs to include the Jedi even stories set during the decades when it is just Obi-Wan and Yoda are hiding out doing nothing.   The solution are students who haven't completed their training, those who left the order or learned a different way of the force.  They technically aren't Jedi but we all know that they are Jedi.  We're Obi-Wan and Yoda just intolerant zealots?   Sure there were other potential allies of the force but since they weren't part of the Jedi order they didn't count in their eyes?  Adding  "Jedi" to every Star Wars story makes it more enjoyable but makes their return in the original trilogy less important.

The one semi-spoiler.   There's a duel between a "Jedi" and normal person.  It a pretty even fight for the most part.  The "Jedi" could ended it at the start by a simple force pushing their opponent into a wall knocking them out.  We get a duel instead because it is more cooler to watch.

This series is really just a sequel to the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons. 

My only question is:

Spoiler

Did this episode happen before or after that last scene from Rebels?  She definitely looks more like "Ahsoka the Grey" here versus the "Ahsoka the White" we last saw.

And looks like we can finally put all those crazy theories to bed now:  Grogu was Youngling at the Jedi Temple.  Not a clone or the bastard love child of Yoda and Yaddle or any other theory.

The question though is who was the smart Jedi bastard that nabbed Grogu and put him into hiding. :unknw:

15 minutes ago, Mog said:

My only question is:

Hide contents

Did this episode happen before or after that last scene from Rebels?  She definitely looks more like "Ahsoka the Grey" here versus the "Ahsoka the White" we last saw.

And looks like we can finally put all those crazy theories to bed now:  Grogu was Youngling at the Jedi Temple.  Not a clone or the bastard love child of Yoda and Yaddle or any other theory.

The question though is who was the smart Jedi bastard that nabbed Grogu and put him into hiding. :unknw:

Tune in next week to find out! LOL

1 hour ago, Mog said:

My only question is:

Hide contents

Or smart Sith basterd?....:ph34r:  Still too early to count anything out....he could still be one of Palpatine's experiments or Plan B's

Spoiler

....sooooooo....Ahsoka said to take him to the Jedi Temple and see if some Jedi picks up on Grogu?  Huh?  Yoda said Luke is the "Last Jedi"....we also found that out during TLJ.......So the only Jedi around after ROTJ and during The Mandalorian would be Luke and Leia....and whoever they may have trained in the ways of the Jedi...so when did Luke start his new Jedi Academy?  The episode just opened up a whole new can of worms....

Freaking LOVED this episode! Kind of think this is before the last part of Rebels as in that scene she seemed to have a direction to go. I do wonder if She knows about Luke. Still find it odd that neither Grief nor Cara ever heard of Jedi before. Grief is a vividly old enough to have lived during the Republic era, even before the Clone Wars. While people may not have SEEN a Jedi or believed in the tales of their abilities, one surely had at least heard of them....especially at his age. Cara on the other hand could possibly be excused as ever hearing of Jedi before due to her younger age and possibly isolation...BUT....surely as a former Rebel, scuttlebutt had to get out to all the Rebels that they had a Jedi with them now and he blew up the Death Star at Yavin or even at least some crazy dude who THINKS he’s a Jedi blew up the Death Star etc. I bring this up becuase, as I wondered, 

Spoiler

Ahsoka has heard anything...rumors or other wise...of Luke SKYWALKER.

Also, loved the music in this episode....playing Ahsoka’s theme and such. Really hit the feels. The Mando’s think they are in limited number....the Jedi are FAR worse off.

Also...Michael Been! Noice!