Yeh, I don't mind it when the voice actor actually plays their character in live-action, assuming they look the part or can be made to look like it that is (in this particular case, yes this person does).

Spoiler

Nice to see Bo Katan and her gang survived through the end of the Empire but yeah, good luck retaking Mandalore.

When I first saw this scene, I thought: That would make a great diorama.  Just waiting for Bandai's 1/144 Razor Crest.

Spoiler

950448072_DisneyVideoPlayer2020-11-1311-53-07.thumb.png.52a8e38d58c651b187ea93ae80d1ba79.png

I don't mind the walk ons, as long as they fit within the narrative.  While some of guests are instantly recognizable, they also have some big names put on a ton of makeup or play CGI characters (Nick Nolte, Taika Waititi, John Leguizamo, Clancy Brown, Richard Ayoade).  I think a lot of actors in Hollywood just want to be a small part of the Star Wars universe and the producers try to fit them in.  The producers of the show hold a deep reverence for the source material, which makes a huge difference.

Only in Star Wars can you have

Spoiler

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace running a squad with Sasha Banks and Sunil Bakshi (the Hydra brainwasher from Agents of SHIELD). :lol:

Yeah, I keep tabs on too many shows.

Anyone else get an "Annihlation" Alien's Theme vibe to the new Bo Katan Mandalorian theme?

In the episode starting at around the 10:52 mark.....and variations of it throughout the episode during other scenes with her and her crew....

...will the horror genre references this season ever end??? Oh and they tossed in some more "Alien" stuff they apparently couldn't fit into the last episode...LOL!

The kids and I lost our crap as soon as we saw the Night Owl helmet. My wife knew she was obviously missing something. Since I hadn’t seen anything about casting, so I was excited to see Katee take the helmet off. Although, shouldn’t she look a little older? 

Spoiler

Depending on her age during the Clone Wars' events, Bo-Katan should either be in her mid 40's or 50's by the time she meets up with Mando.

We're also probably getting screwed up with the characters' ages, because we use Obi-Wan as a reference.  That old bastard aged prematurely thanks to Tatooine's twin suns and his life of hard drinking and constantly having to rescue Luke's adventure-loving ass.

Can you imagine how many Tuskens, Jawas, banthas, and Krayt dragons Obi had to kill to prevent Luke from dying or getting stomped?!  Dude probably had to use the Force a few times too when Luke crash and burned in his speeder or skyhopper, doing his damnedest to prevent Luke from cracking his skull in. 

No wonder Obi aged so quickly! :lol:

Edited by Mog

3 hours ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

Depending on her age during the Clone Wars' events, Bo-Katan should either be in her mid 40's or 50's by the time she meets up with Mando.

We're also probably getting screwed up with the characters' ages, because we use Obi-Wan as a reference.  That old bastard aged prematurely thanks to Tatooine's twin suns and his life of hard drinking and constantly having to rescue Luke's adventure-loving ass.

Can you imagine how many Tuskens, Jawas, banthas, and Krayt dragons Obi had to kill to prevent Luke from dying or getting stomped?!  Dude probably had to use the Force a few times too when Luke crash and burned in his speeder or skyhopper, doing his damnedest to prevent Luke from cracking his skull in. 

No wonder Obi aged so quickly! :lol:

Spoiler

Keep in mind Katee is 40 this year so at least she's in the range to play the character..just barely.

7 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

OMFG:rolleyes:

Great episode! Too short, but great.

Spoiler

All the Mandalorian-ass-kickery made up for the short run-time! Loved them taking on the Storm Troopers, and their CO being so confident after locking them in the bay control room. I don't keep up with the behind the scenes stuff, so Sackhoff was a pleasant surprise. Loved her armor. And that he apparently is following (unknowingly) a fanatical sect, I wonder if they may start to have him going without his helmet more often. That would be nice.

And nice that Baby Yoda was making friends with the Baby Toads! Was real concerned when Mando left him with the new family. :wacko: And I am going to miss Mrs Toad, though by this point she's probably had enough excitement!

Some great CG in this episode. Having the crane be a walker was genius and I loved the scenes with the Imperial ship.

Really cool!

I knew it!

Spoiler

Mando had to take a detour to get the Crest repaired and couldn't meet up with Ahsoka . . . yet.

. . . But it was a fun detour that still tied to the main plot. 

So, it looks like the Imperials are trying to use blood infusions to give people Force powers? :huh:

Fun little raid and chase episode.  And it was nice to see the Crest fully functional again.

Lastly, Scout troopers just can't catch a break on this show! :lol: Two of them crashed into each other before they even reach the bottom of the cliff, and the one that had a smart idea gets the "shotgun to kill a fly" treatment.

Gonna be interesting to see how next week pans out.

7 hours ago, Mog said:

I knew it!

Reveal hidden contents

Mando had to take a detour to get the Crest repaired and couldn't meet up with Ahsoka . . . yet.

. . . But it was a fun detour that still tied to the main plot. 

So, it looks like the Imperials are trying to use blood infusions to give people Force powers? :huh:

Fun little raid and chase episode.  And it was nice to see the Crest fully functional again.

Lastly, Scout troopers just can't catch a break on this show! :lol: Two of them crashed into each other before they even reach the bottom of the cliff, and the one that had a smart idea gets the "shotgun to kill a fly" treatment.

Gonna be interesting to see how next week pans out.

Spoiler

Doesn't everything now tie back to the ST plot of keeping the Emperor alive?

I think the only thing that is a mystery is how it was all kept hush-hush for so long....although during the final scene in the episode it seems that the New Republic, or at least some within it, has a feeling that "something" is going on in the Outer Rim portion of the galaxy...this probably leads to the discovery of the First Order and the rise of the "Resistance" to meet that challenge.....and as we now know, the First Order, Snoke, etc. was nothing more than a "cover" for the "Final Order" and the fact that the Emperor was still alive and in hiding

I am also starting to think Baby Yoda is a clone of Yoda...or another "virgance" of the Force that was created when Palpatine was working on creating Anakin...and was just discovered by Palpatine and Co. after the end of ROTJ or perhaps just a Plan B.....we really need to eventually find out who was holding Baby Yoda for the last 50 some years...

Also, what was in the cloning tanks? Snoke prototypes?  Couldn't really tell...but they did mention "volunteers"....so I guess we will find out at some point...

Not necessarily.

Spoiler

Ol' Gideon probably sees the power vacuum currently in place, and realizes that having an army of Force-infused troops or infusing himself with Force powers will probably give him an edge.  Especially with some pissed off Mando's gunning for him.

Gideon probably heard stories about some Skywalker kid blowing up the Death Star and walking around carrying a lightsaber.  And the ol' Moff probably heard rumblings about how the TIE factory on Lothal was blown up to kill a Jedi and how Thrawn was outsmarted by some teenager with Force abilities. 

Makes an Imperial realize that having Force powers on your side can probably tip the scales in your favor.

Regarding Baby Yoda's origin, I doubt he's a clone.  Don't think Palps or the Empire would be so stupid as to misplace him or have him wind up being guarded by some low level thugs.  Let's just wait and see how the story pans out.

My guess is that when they all finally meet Ahsoka, she'll probably pull the "I'm no Jedi" bit,  "Sorry, still searching for Ezra" (or feeling guilt over his death :ph34r:), or Gideon winds up killing her or using her to further his experiments.

Edited by Mog

5 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

It was and it wasn't a filler episode.  The plot advanced but it was another side trip.  They are going overboard with baby Yoda scenes.  There can be too much cuteness.  Which is typical of Star Wars.

Yeah...Filler-Not-Filler episode.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Not necessarily.

Reveal hidden contents

Ol' Gideon probably sees the power vacuum currently in place, and realizes that having an army of Force-infused troops or infusing himself with Force powers will probably give him an edge.  Especially with some pissed off Mando's gunning for him.

Gideon probably heard stories about some Skywalker kid blowing up the Death Star and walking around carrying a lightsaber.  And the ol' Moff probably heard rumblings about how the TIE factory on Lothal was blown up to kill a Jedi and how Tharwn was outsmarted by some teenager with Force abilities. 

Makes an Imperial realize that having Force powers on your side can probably tip the scales in your favor.

Regarding Baby Yoda's origin, I doubt he's a clone.  Don't think Palps or the Empire would be so stupid as to misplace him or have him wind up being guarded by some low level thugs.  Let's just wait and see how the story pans out.

My guess is that when they all finally meet Ahsoka, she'll probably pull the "I'm no Jedi" bit,  "Sorry, still searching for Ezra" (or feeling guilt over his death :ph34r:), or Gideon winds up killing her or using her to further his experiments.

Wait....you saw the ST right?  The Emperor and his crew are absolutely capable of being that stupid!  :rofl:

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Prediction they'll pull an The Force Awakens Luke Skywalker reveal with Ahsoka.  Meaning she'll appear in the last second of the last episode of the season without saying a single word of dialog before the credits roll.

I said the same thing to a friend at work. 

Chris

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Wait....you saw the ST right?  The Emperor and his crew are absolutely capable of being that stupid!  :rofl:

Well, I still haven’t watched TROS, especially after having to endure that ball of stupid called TLJ.

As I’ve said before, I think Moff Gideon graduated from the Thrawn School of Competent Imperial Officers.

Plus, I have more faith in Favreau and Filoni than I do Johnson and JJ.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Well, I still haven’t watched TROS, especially after having to endure that ball of stupid called TLJ.

As I’ve said before, I think Moff Gideon graduated from the Thrawn School of Competent Imperial Officers.

Well, that's good and bad.....good because you can skip it and just know things got a whole lot better (content-wise) going from TLJ to The Mandalorian...

Bad because no matter how good The Mandalorian is...it all just culminates with TROS (in-universe) whether you ever watch TROS or not....;)

Actually, it may be worse because if you ever decide to finally watch TROS sometime after The Mandalorian concludes....you'll wonder how things went so bad in-universe too! :(

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

you can skip it and just know things got a whole lot better (content-wise) going from TLJ to The Mandalorian...

The best thing about The Last Jedi is how securely it wraps up the storyline, without leaving any lingering plot threads... you can satisfactorily end on that note, without needing to rely on The Rise of Skywalker for closure.  Say what you will about TLJ -- yes, it's a train wreck -- but it's a damn sight better than the dumpster fire of TROS.

In fact, this week's episode of The Mandalorian simply left me thinking "how can Disney be capable of this quality, when they bungled the sequel trilogy so badly?" 

Answer?  Favreau and Filoni have a better grasp of what makes Star Wars “Star Wars.”  Plus, when you watch those Gallery/behind the scenes episodes, you get a sense that they really collaborate with their directors.

The sequel trilogy lacked that collaboration, amongst other things they lacked.

27 minutes ago, tekering said:

The best thing about The Last Jedi is how securely it wraps up the storyline, without leaving any lingering plot threads... you can satisfactorily end on that note, without needing to rely on The Rise of Skywalker for closure.

"satisfactorily"?  I suppose you can argue that the storyline that began with TFA could have ended with TLJ....but any sense of "satisfaction" is the complete opposite of what most Star Wars fans felt at that point....

Of course, there hardly was any unanimous "satifaction" (other than relief the ST was over?) at the end of TROS, but it beats ending it at such a low point....the "Resistance" obliterated, the "new" New Hope being a nobody, Luke dying for nothing, broom boy......if the OT had ended at ESB and then picked up at TLJ, Luke's character may have made more sense...........beaten down and shocked by the revelation of his lineage may have scared him into hiding as we see him in TLJ......but then the movie would not have ended with his "sacrifice"....it would have picked off at his return as seen in ROTJ....except 30-40 years later......

To me, TLJ is such garbage that it made TROS, and probably something even worse than TROS, seem better  

17 hours ago, Mog said:

Just read the Wiki page to get the gist.

The sequel trilogy would have worked a lot better if there had been no TLJ and TROS was split into two movies. There was so much going on there with TROS just to make up for the wreck that was TLJ that they could have done that instead. Though I would have changed it to a more personal contention between Rey and Kylo as to who was going to take on the Skywalker mantle. Kylo would not have turned good again as that is too much of a 'goodie' ending but would have been a true Sith until he died. (They also should have just stayed with Sith anyway...) And Rey should have had to fight more to become a Skywalker rather than having that tacked onto the last five minutes. The title 'Rise of Skywalker' should have required more for that to happen!

And I agree, Gideon seems smarter than the regular Imperial Officers

And yes, Favreau gets it, whereas JJJ do not!