15 hours ago, Dobber said:

Your image doesn’t show but I’m pretty sure I know what you’re referring to. I believe it is.

Chris

Not sure why it doesn't show up...but

Spoiler

it was a pic of the Imperial Troop Transport toy from the first Star Wars...found a screen grab of the one from the Mandalorian (hope you can see this one)...

999?cb=20191218151026

Edited by jvmacross

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Not sure why it doesn't show up...but

Hide contents

it was a pic of the Imperial Troop Transport toy from the first Star Wars...found a screen grab of the one from the Mandalorian (hope you can see this one)...

999?cb=20191218151026

Yup, that’s what I figured you were talking about. ;)

Chris

Pretty fantastic episode, and a great way to set the stage for the season finale. Also, it was cool to see,

Spoiler

Death Troopers from Rogue One. It makes sense Krennic wasn't the only Imperial Officer to have access to them, even after the fall of the Empire.

Just got out from seeing TROS.....

Spoiler

I think there may have been a hint suggested as to Baby Yoda's origin....right in the beginning of the movie too! 

Palpatine tells Kylo that he "created" Snoke.....I think it is pretty much canon now that he also "created" Anakin.......did he possibly also "create" Baby Yoda?

How does Carl Weathers not know a Baby Yoda when he sees one?

Carl is 71 years old.  Going to assume his character is around the same age.  He handles business for the Hunter's guild.  This means likely to know a bit of about the galaxy works.  The series takes place 9 year ABY.  The prequels takes place 32-19 year BBY.  Karl was 30 to 43 years old during this time when the Jedi weren't hunted.  They were well known during the time.  Yoda being on the Jedi Council would be a public figure.

Any character who was an adult during the prequels should be able to see baby Yoda looks like the little green Jedi guy that fought in the clone wars.

5 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

How does Carl Weathers not know a Baby Yoda when he sees one?

Carl is 71 years old.  Going to assume his character is around the same age.  He handles business for the Hunter's guild.  This means likely to know a bit of about the galaxy works.  The series takes place 9 year ABY.  The prequels takes place 32-19 year BBY.  Karl was 30 to 43 years old during this time when the Jedi weren't hunted.  They were well known during the time.  Yoda being on the Jedi Council would be a public figure.

Any character who was an adult during the prequels should be able to see baby Yoda looks like the little green Jedi guy that fought in the clone wars.

I think he should remember Jedi, but not Yoda or Yaddle specifically. They were two masters but they weren't exactly celebrities, I don't know why the general public would be aware of either of them, let alone be able to identify them. There were a lot of different species that were Jedi in the prequel era, I don't know how or why some would be more public knowledge then others. To that point, clearly Mando grew up during the Clone Wars, is he not aware of the Jedi either? I mean, they were generals to the Clone armies, at minimum I feel several characters should at least remember Jedi, and with that, their laser swords and space magic. 

One more interesting bit from this latest episode, we got confirmation Baby Yoda probably isn't a clone.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

I think he should remember Jedi, but not Yoda or Yaddle specifically. They were two masters but they weren't exactly celebrities, I don't know why the general public would be aware of either of them, let alone be able to identify them. There were a lot of different species that were Jedi in the prequel era, I don't know how or why some would be more public knowledge then others. To that point, clearly Mando grew up during the Clone Wars, is he not aware of the Jedi either? I mean, they were generals to the Clone armies, at minimum I feel several characters should at least remember Jedi, and with that, their laser swords and space magic. 

One more interesting bit from this latest episode, we got confirmation Baby Yoda probably isn't a clone.

Well, both Greef and Mando are criminals (EDIT:  sorry, bounty hunters or guys working in the underworld of society) working on the outskirts of the galaxy.

I doubt they’re big into Jedi history or Jedi in general.  If they were working closer to the Republic/Galactic center, I could see them being more familiar with the Jedi.

Add in how rare Yodas supposedly are, and it isn’t too much of a stretch to understand that Greef and Mando don’t know jack about Baby Yoda’s species or about the Force.

Regarding Mando’s age, if we assume he’s in his 30’s, he’s probably around Han or Luke’s age.  And we all know what Han’s original opinion was of that “hokey religion” and Force stuff.

Lastly, let’s not forget that Obi-Wan whipped out a lightsaber in a Tatooine cantina, and no one even batted an eyelash.  And this series is about 10 years (?) removed from that incident.

Edited by Mog

Considering their “complicated” profession, avoiding law enforcement is probably at the forefront. Jedi of the Old Republic, Imperial “security” forces of the Empire, etc. Bounty hunting, mercs for hire, etc. is found in the Outer Rim territories for a reason. 

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Regarding Mando’s age, if we assume he’s in his 30’s, he’s probably around Han or Luke’s age.  And we all know what Han’s original opinion was of that “hokey religion” and Force stuff.

Lastly, let’s not forget that Obi-Wan whipped out a lightsaber in a Tatooine cantina, and no one even batted an eyelash.  And this series is about 10 years (?) removed from that incident.

I thought seeing Super Battle Droids in Mandos flashbacks meant it was during the Clone Wars, I think he may be more into his 40s or so.

The outer rim area of the galaxy is a good point though, many Star Wars stories have been told in those areas due to them being so far removed from everything else, you can get away with more ignorance to Jedi and the force, and I still think it's a quite acceptable explanation. The force has always been difficult for non force uses to wrap their heads around, but Jedi in general, a bit more of a stretch. To be fair, we don't know how well the Empire literally destroyed the history of the Jedi, without actually seeing one in the past, I guess it's also acceptable that they've been all but forgotten too at this point. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

I thought seeing Super Battle Droids in Mandos flashbacks meant it was during the Clone Wars, I think he may be more into his 40s or so.

The outer rim area of the galaxy is a good point though, many Star Wars stories have been told in those areas due to them being so far removed from everything else, you can get away with more ignorance to Jedi and the force, and I still think it's a quite acceptable explanation. The force has always been difficult for non force uses to wrap their heads around, but Jedi in general, a bit more of a stretch. To be fair, we don't know how well the Empire literally destroyed the history of the Jedi, without actually seeing one in the past, I guess it's also acceptable that they've been all but forgotten too at this point. 

Yup, I agree. The show takes place 31 years after Ep II which was the start of the Clone Wars. This would easily fit into an early to mid 40’s man. 

As for the Jedi, I’d imagine even people closer to the core still had a hard time completely believing that Jedi REALLY could do all the things they could do. That their history was more apocryphal. They didn’t seem like the types to actually flaunt their powers. One of those seeing is believing type things. Probably thought most of it was an exaggeration and that they were warrior monks of some sort that were very skilled in diplomacy and such.

Mandalorians, though, were an ancient foe of the Jedi. That’s why they have so many weird gizmo’s and such. They were made to counter some of the Jedi’s magical abilities.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

If I remember correctly, weren’t the Jedi considered myth and legend in the og trilogy. So I think in a society based on tech would probably disbelieve any stories of magic monks. It did seem that some knew about the Jedi, like Jaba. But Han didn’t. The galaxy is so big that maybe the only ones that believe are the ones that saw the Jedi in action.

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Mandalorians, though, were an ancient foe of the Jedi. That’s why they have so many weird gizmo’s and such. They were made to counter some of the Jedi’s magical abilities.

Chris

I didn't know that. Good tidbit.:good:

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I’m surprised none of us mentioned

Reveal hidden contents

. . . Baby Yoda going straight for the Force Choke on Cara.

Tots adorbs, those little Force users! :p :lol:

Brings to mind Emperor Palpatine's and Vader's scene from ESB....a powerful ally indeed!

Now that the film has been released....there would be no reason not to establish that certain Imperial officers are fully aware that the Emperor is still alive....I wouldn't be surprised to see the Emperor make an appearance in The Mandalorian...

Just finished the season finale.

That was a funny and enjoyable way to end the season.

* The beginning bits with the Scout Troopers were just stupid funny.  Loved the fact that they couldn’t shoot for squat too.

* Enjoyed how they tied back the old school Mando culture to the Mandos we saw in Clone Wars and Rebels.

* Liked that they tied back to IG-11’s self-destruct feature.  See sequel trilogy crew;  that’s how you introduce something early and then bring it back with a surprising twist.

* Silly Din, jet packs played a part in Pre Vizsla, Jango, Boba, and a couple other Mandos DYING.  They ain’t always all they’re cracked up to be.

And lastly. . . . THE DARKSABER comes to live action!! :blink::yahoo:

Edited by Mog

On 12/20/2019 at 5:58 PM, Dobber said:

Chris

Yep. Even in the EU Jaina studied with the Mabdo's to better prepare her fighting skills in order to kill Darth Cadeus, her brother Jacen.  And she had already been dubbed "the sword of the Jedi" by Luke.

(Many costumes in the Mandalorian Mercs club I'm a member of include broken lightsabers as trophies on ones hip and such. There's a similarity to the Predator species in wearing your greatest foes on your armor.. bragging rights:p)

5 hours ago, Mog said:

Just finished the season finale.

That was a funny and enjoyable way to end the season.

Hide contents

* The beginning bits with the Scout Troopers were just stupid funny.  Loved the fact that they couldn’t shoot for squat too.

* Enjoyed how they tied back the old school Mando culture to the Mandos we saw in Clone Wars and Rebels.

* Liked that they tied back to IG-11’s self-destruct feature.  See sequel trilogy crew;  that’s how you introduce something early and then bring it back with a surprising twist.

* Silly Din, jet packs played a part in Pre Vizsla, Jango, Boba, and a couple other Mandos DYING.  They ain’t always all they’re cracked up to be.

And lastly. . . . THE DARKSABER comes to live action!! :blink::yahoo:

Yup...especially your last point! When I saw it I went Eeeeep! :D

So that means things didn’t go well for Bo Katan then if Gideon has the Dark Saber. I wonder if Gideon is a Madalorian himself. Just from a different clan.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Can we just hand over Lucasfilm creative control to Fioni, Chiang, Knoll, or to everyone else who worked on Star Wars before the "Disney"-Purge? Remove Kennedy and never let JarJar Abrams near this property ever again.

Spoiler

-Lone Wolf & Cub-road it is then. Not a good or bad thing but guy bringing a kid along for his zanny adventures....

-Guess we have a firm answer to happened to Bo-Katan and the rest of Mandalore. Not only was the planet stripped mined, but the clans were wiped out. Would interesting to know how many "true"-Mandalorians survived the Purge. But that's a tale for another time...

-The opening bit with the Scout Troopers was hilarious.

Not bad for a 1st season. But those middle fillers were agony. Normally a filler happens for an episode or 2. But those went on for 4 weeks.

I wonder if

Katee Sackhoff would be willing to dye her hair red to play Bo-Katan (even if in flashback form).

She was Bo's voice actor, so she's already familiar with the character.

Regarding Gideon, I suspect he's just straight up an Imp.  Nothing about his garb screams Mandalorian.  Plus, based on his actions, I suspect Gideon graduated from the Thrawn School for Actually Competent Imperial Officers.

Before this series ends, I'd love to see Baby Yoda rocking Mando armor.

Edited by Mog

I would Love for Katee to reprise her role as Bo-Katan! Mandalor’s history is very confusing to me even after seeing Clone Wars and Rebels AND reading up on it. But I think ACTUAL Mandalorians, what their skull logo represents, are extinct or near extinct. Their nation/culture is what lives on. 

Chris

The Mythosaur is the Mando skull logo. I believe they were hunted to extinction. An interesting aspect of Mandalorian lore is that the Mandalorians are a Culture more so than a specific race. Oftentimes youngling orphans would be adopted into different clans and taught the way of the Mandalorian. If they are supposedly wiped out or scattered and if their home world his devastated (?), they are perfectly suited to wander and rebuild. They've done it before..the return of the Mandalorians would be inevitable ,my Vód..

3 hours ago, azrael said:

Can we just hand over Lucasfilm creative control to Fioni, Chiang, Knoll, or to everyone else who worked on Star Wars before the "Disney"-Purge? Remove Kennedy and never let JarJar Abrams near this property ever again.

Reveal hidden contents

-Lone Wolf & Cub-road it is then. Not a good or bad thing but guy bringing a kid along for his zanny adventures....

-Guess we have a firm answer to happened to Bo-Katan and the rest of Mandalore. Not only was the planet stripped mined, but the clans were wiped out. Would interesting to know how many "true"-Mandalorians survived the Purge. But that's a tale for another time...

-The opening bit with the Scout Troopers was hilarious.

Not bad for a 1st season. But those middle fillers were agony. Normally a filler happens for an episode or 2. But those went on for 4 weeks.

Filler or not, allow me to say that I absolutely hated chapter 6.  Annoying characters galore, with the only worthy part of the episode being the appearance of the T65s...

27 minutes ago, Bolt said:

The Mythosaur is the Mando skull logo. I believe they were hunted to extinction. An interesting aspect of Mandalorian lore is that the Mandalorians are a Culture more so than a specific race. Oftentimes youngling orphans would be adopted into different clans and taught the way of the Mandalorian. If they are supposedly wiped out or scattered and if their home world his devastated (?), they are perfectly suited to wander and rebuild. They've done it before..the return of the Mandalorians would be inevitable ,my Vód..

Whoops, you are of course correct. I misremembered and confused some of Legends history as well. My bad.:hi:

Chris