Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I still want someone to write their corporate logo backwards on the back side of their main corporate HQ and see how they respond.

LOL!! :rofl:  And provide them a huge sticker if they want to correct it..

This is insane.  Shipment of my Move Super/Strike parts happened on the 20th (from Japan), and they'll be here today.  That's gotta be a record.

But I have no valkryie to put them on!!!

Can't wait to see them though.

On 7/21/2022 at 10:10 AM, Hurin said:

Just confirming:  All VF-1S Hikaru DYRL have the reversed 001 (to 100) on certain elements.  And there has been no fix offered (like, perhaps Bandai would send out revised parts we could install?. . . I know, dare to dream!).

Edit:  Oh, I see that Bandai (amazingly) doubled-down and did the same thing on DYRL Kakizaki.  And decals are provided for those who don't like it.  Sorry to broach a probably sore subject.  :(

Here are the Kakizazaki 'correction' stickers for future reference for the casual readers. You could take these and 'fix' the Focker tailfins.

VF1A_kaki_web_1000_05.jpg

On 7/21/2022 at 11:10 AM, Hurin said:

Just confirming:  All VF-1S Hikaru DYRL have the reversed 001 (to 100) on certain elements.  And there has been no fix offered (like, perhaps Bandai would send out revised parts we could install?. . . I know, dare to dream!).

Edit:  Oh, I see that Bandai (amazingly) doubled-down and did the same thing on DYRL Kakizaki.  And decals are provided for those who don't like it.  Sorry to broach a probably sore subject.  :(

12 hours ago, Shawn said:

Here are the Kakizazaki 'correction' stickers for future reference for the casual readers. You could take these and 'fix' the Focker tailfins.

In addition to the Bandai sheet that @Shawn just mentioned, which only comes with the Kakizaki release, I produced this small correction sheet:

image.png.75123a71cf26b8292dd1927f6e26ea52.png

It was also used by MW members like @RedComet to create custom DYRL Focker and Max variants.

17 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

which valk are you getting first?

Roy 1S and Hikaru 1J w/ GBP-1S.  I'm hoping I can stop myself there!  (I already impulse bought the 1J+armor a few days after the Roy 1S)

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai actually printed Focker's 001 correctly. That's as close as we'll get to Bandai admitting they f***ed up with Hikaru and Kakizaki. 

Possibly, but Bandai made a big fuss about it as being the definitive TV version instead.

No other DYRL valks have been released since Kaki-DYRL, which had the correct-it-yerself decal...

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

In addition to the Bandai sheet that @Shawn just mentioned, which only comes with the Kakizaki release, I produced this small correction sheet:

image.png.75123a71cf26b8292dd1927f6e26ea52.png

It was also used by MW members like @RedComet to create custom DYRL Focker and Max variants.

Yeah...but you failed to fully offer what Bandai did...
image.png.037f6cea9c6d45cf59b04f33d0090a87.png

Bandai said...Hell, if you want to make BOTH tailfins wrong, we will give you the chance to do that too...so you can have a 310 series valk on the tailfin, but 013 on the side of the body.

Come on Anasazi37...step up your game! 😛

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Yeah...but you failed to fully offer what Bandai did...
image.png.037f6cea9c6d45cf59b04f33d0090a87.png

Bandai said...Hell, if you want to make BOTH tailfins wrong, we will give you the chance to do that too...so you can have a 310 series valk on the tailfin, but 013 on the side of the body.

Come on Anasazi37...step up your game! 😛

LOL. True. I forgot to include the "make everything so very, very wrong" option on the set.

1 hour ago, treatment said:

meh.

Also, why does it have DYRL-hands instead of TV clown-hands, anyway?   :huh:

Bandai Assymetry again?

:5:

I think the VF-1D was the first Valkyrie to include a full set of TV style hands? The Angel Birds release looks to be going back to the two standard TV options: the splayed hand and the gun holding hand.

Edited by technoblue

Yeah, I never expected them to actually do this one at all.  This going to be a webshop exclusive?  I can't imagine something this niche being a general release.

Either way, I wouldn't mind picking one up.  I never did get one in either 1/48 or 1/60 before, and I honestly kind of like the fact that it comes with a bunch of spare tails.  I doubt I would use them on this valk, but if I got a spare and did some parts swapping... I wonder if the base color of the backpack would match the other white valks.. :huh:  Would be fun to make a few pairs of swappable tails with other markings to throw onto a few other VF-1s, just like you can do with the spare skull logos included in the super pack sets.

11 minutes ago, Drad said:

So.. no chance of the DX  1/48 VF-1's ever being made available outside of Japan? If so, that sucks.

It seems that HG still has a stranglehold on the original SDF Macross and any products from the original series.  So likely no chance of the DX VF-1.

6 hours ago, Drad said:

So.. no chance of the DX  1/48 VF-1's ever being made available outside of Japan? If so, that sucks.

Given the cost increase we're seeing on the import of the HMR VF-0, you are probably better off going the Japan route anyway. 

So far I've got Roy, Hikaru (VF-1J), Max and the VF-1D. I should probably stop there but I'd be very tempted by a mass production VF-1A, TV Kakizaki or DYRL Max VF-1S.

I have to wonder what made Big West agree to yet another arrangement with HG. Yeah it's better than nothing but many of us older fans want the original series and movie merch. 

I'm sitting out the the Angel Birds.  But for future reference, any tips/tricks for getting in on the initial release and/or preorder in hopes of paying retail. . . from the US?

I've only ever ordered stuff from HLJ and a couple things from CDJapan and Amazon.jp.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

VF-1A Mass Production
VF-1A TV Kakizaki
VF-1A DYRL Hikaru
VF-1S DYRL Roy
VF-1A DYRL Max
VT-1 SuperOstrich
VE-1 ElintSeeker
VF-1S DYRL Max

ALL of those before VF-1A Angelbirds for me.... but I still bought one.

I would have honestly expected all of these before an Angelbirds. Bandai works in mysterious ways, I guess.

3 hours ago, Hurin said:

I'm sitting out the the Angel Birds.  But for future reference, any tips/tricks for getting in on the initial release and/or preorder in hopes of paying retail. . . from the US?

I've only ever ordered stuff from HLJ and a couple things from CDJapan and Amazon.jp.

show up here on just before the preorder starts  will be your best bet.