Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The problem is you see the white at the backs of the leg packs on Milia's Red valk so it isn't just lighting, however there's a scene inbetween those two that shows the missile and leg packs being all a single Blue or Red color. The White at the back of the leg packs does balance against the white on the missile portions on the backpack though.

Are you saying the problem is the animation? Maybe it's like the YF1R from Robotech... but like I said, I don't have a problem with it.

Frankly, I've always hated the color Yamato chose for ALL the Super/Strike and GPB armor. So hey, if Bandai wants to go super light grey--more power to them. If I had nothing but money and time I would re-buy and re-paint all the Yamato 1:60 Super Parts and GPB armor a Neutral Grey.

Bandai is going the VF-1J "chest stripes" route with the color schemes on the M&M Super VF-1J's....it's Bandai's time honored tradition to keep repeating the same mistake until it is (hopefully) widely accepted as canon! ^_^

423089.jpg

Repeating the mistake on both the HMR Max and Milia this time around will give the paint scheme more street cred..... :rolleyes:

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth....

- Galaldriel

Edited by jvmacross

Bandai is going the VF-1J "chest stripes" route with the color schemes on the M&M Super VF-1J's....it's Bandai's time honored tradition to keep repeating the same mistake until it is (hopefully) widely accepted as canon! ^_^

423089.jpg

Repeating the mistake on both the HMR Max and Milia this time around will give the paint scheme more street cred..... :rolleyes:

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth....

- Galaldriel

What's wrong with the chest stripe?

From the Tamashii images, I really can't tell if Max parts are white or off-white. They even have a blue tinge, probably from the lighting reflecting off the blue body paint.

From the sdfm was animated that one cel might be the correct one and the rest were the mistakes. The colors on everything flip flopped so much it gets difficult to determine mistakes vs cannon. Either way it's different from what I grew up with thinking, but it's growing on me day to day.

What's wrong with the chest stripe?

Exactly! :lol:

Not Max & Milia's, but Hikaru's 1J. At least, the assumption is that Bandai hasn't fixed the angles of the chest stripe based on the marketing photos.

I guess we'll know definitively when it shows up in October.

Glad to know it'll be fixed on the one I bought then, I don't know why it took them this long to figure it out.

The white boosters? Honestly don't bug me. It's the leg packs that do, because.. "Oh, I'm bored, here, let's make this random panel white for no particular reason." It just looks out of place, unnecessary, and mismatched. At least the packs on the backs of the legs and the new colored arm parts match. A white stripe down the side of the leg would have at least matched the scheme.

If they're going to keep that kind of nonsense up, I demand repaints of all the mis-painted valks seen during Max and Millia's wedding episode. :p