Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The only disadvantage I see with the color coded fast packs is not being able to use them on other valks (Hikaru's VF-1J, The Cannon Fodder VF-1A, etc.). I mean, of course they can be used with other valks, but I think they'd look even more out of place because of the colors.

The "standard" solid gray/blue would have ultimately been a better option. That being said, I don't mind the white lower/rear leg section. I kind of like it in fact.

I also wish Tamashii would release a calendar of what's coming next year...just so we can be prepared.

I both love and hate the wait on announcements. I get really antsy waiting for news, but then when it comes I get excited or slightly let down. Recently I've been more on the let down side hoping for a non vf1 release, but then I start to accept what's coming and still preorder. If the max 1j is November and they stick to the new pattern of one a month millia will probably be December if she's not a web exclusive, so who knows December could be a surprise.

Anyway if Millia gets a December normal release then a lot of the major vf1's will have been released. There's still skull 1a's, trainers and elint seekers as well as Max and Kakizaki's 1a's from the show, but I think the new year will bring more non vf items like destroids and enemy units. Then again the could bombard us with different squadron repaints like Angel birds and such, but I think with all the vf1's it's time for something new.

Yeah, exactly, I saw that. It seems Animators had a bad coloring day, and now we get this... We all know Macross is very famous for cel coloring errors here and there. We are getting "here and there" with this release, if you know what i mean....

Yeah, exactly, I saw that. It seems Animators had a bad coloring day, and now we get this... We all know Macross is very famous for cel coloring errors here and there. We are getting "here and there" with this release, if you know what i mean....

Yeah, but I don't mind at all. Different is good. And I know I'll double dip on Max and Milia if an Arcadia release is ever announced.

I'm mostly curious how hard it would be to remove the white from the outer leg packs, and whether Bandai molded them in blue with white paint, or white with blue paint. Their painting setups in the past have been known the be on the pants-on-head side of things. <_<

Also, I really hope they include the TV-style missile clusters with these. They didn't put the TV style missiles with the DYRL strike pack releases, but hopefully they'll swap out the box launchers for the clusters, since I don't think we ever saw the boxes in the series (please correct me if I'm wrong here though).

The wonky colors are based on a badly painted animation cel, so yeah, I think that's the definition of a mistake. :lol:

Trying to figure out where the cel posted earlier came from, but a bunch of real gems came out of the episode "Viva Maria." Lots of amusing colorations in the show, including a few shots of characters so off model you might be separated from your lunch.

Another particular shot in that show has the M&Ms using entirely standard blue fast packs as well, followed by a scene where, yes, that panel on Max's leg pack is white... because they overblew the exhaust flares from the engines, and the entire lower leg is solid white. Yet another scene has the lighter panel showing up because the rest of the leg is shadowed by the wing.

I dunno, maybe Bandai felt like they had to do something to differentiate their own releases? They seem to have given up on using the wrong chest stripes, so I guess they had to do something else wrong to compensate for it. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Turns out this is from ep 27, the final battle against Bodolza (wasn't this originally supposed to be the "final" episode?). The fast packs are definitely supposed to be blue/red, but the white is open to interpretation I suppose. When the valkyries are first shown, Milia has the white parts, but then in a heavier action sequence, the entirety of the fast packs are red/blue. I would say this is the "lazy cel coloring" part. Then when they are in focus again in battroid mode, the white is there again.

In ep 30 the fast packs are all the standard grey colors throughout the episode.

Regardless, I think it looks great, can't wait!

If they include the missle pods for the regult with the max I'm in. Otherwise it's a pass

I think macross fans are like five star stories fans: the color palette has to match the art work. Gundam fans are the exact opposite: they paint and customize their models to look different from the art work.

The white and blue packs reminds me of the zeta plus hummingbird with blue and white jet packs also made by bandai in the fix figuration line.

I think they should do a Vf1D before Milia.

The 1D would be a new VF sculpt. So far all they've done are repaints.

Edited by arbit