Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

Ever since the VF-X GNU came out, I've been considering holding off on this one for a repaint. It seems pretty clear now, Heat shield + Fetus + Moving = Wait. Ah well, it's for the better really. I will enjoy it vicariously, here.

"Panic" :mellow:

Why is it panicking when each person who considers a floppy eyelid-like heat shield a deal breaker, states that it is? :huh:

$200 for a bloody toy in the middle of a recession is a big damn deal... I want one without the cyclops syndrome, please. :)

Hopefully, maybe it's just that Graham and Alex need a little more time to pay around with it...

EDIT: that pic up there is effin awesome... if the heatsheild turns out okay, I'm on it.

Edited by Nani?!

Apparently the VF-11B is well... more vertically challenged than I thought!! :lol:

More Pics HERE

Credits to gits_sac

great first and last poses... his heatshield seems to be fine... didn't realize that it's just about as tall as a v.2 VF-1, but in fighter (Graham's pic) it looks bigger...

2a95r47.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

In all fairness, in that pic the lower half of the heat-shield is totally fallen down.

My lower heatshield is so lose that is does fall totally down each and every time, immediately. I can't even get it to stay partially up for a second. :(

Otherwise, it's a great looking toy in all three modes, locks together well and has tight joints. Only spoilt by the damn lower heatshield.

Graham

My lower heatshield is so lose that is does fall totally down each and every time, immediately. I can't even get it to stay partially up for a second. :(

Otherwise, it's a great looking toy in all three modes, locks together well and has tight joints. Only spoilt by the damn lower heatshield.

Graham

Hey Graham, will Yamato be looking into the Heat shield to make sure its not a wide spread issue? I mean for a $200.00 toy thats a bummer. Sorry to hear yours is so bloody loose.

O_O Those pics are amazing! Heatshield issue or not, I can't wait for mine.. If my heatshields are bad, then I'll leave the canopy as usual, like I did with the old 1/72 scale Yammie VF-11.

No biggie. :)

I'm still not convinced this is a QC issue, but rather something which one has to fiddle around with at first, in order to get it working right.

Just like the Bandai VF-25 DX's and the head/neck/upper torso issue.

It requires a LOT of effort to get a specific formation of the shoulder plates and torso just right in order for the head to look a bit more extended.

(always takes me 30 minutes to figure out)

Great to see the 11 being around the same height of the VF-1. I need more place to put all these valks...

Edited by OmegaD3k

I really wish I had mine. I'm a bit concerned, Overdrive hasn't even shipped it yet. The heat shield thing is worrisome, but doesn't sound like the usual Yamato flaw. It's too obvious. The usual Yamato problems are parts breaking over time, this is just...well, stupid if it really is due to a flaw. I wish mine would get here so I could see first hand.

Overdrive hasn't shipped mine yet either. I imagine with the move they are backed up right now. I'll wait till next week before I am to concerned. On the other hand Hobby Search sent me my VF-25 on Monday when they came out.

Overdrive hasn't shipped mine yet either. I imagine with the move they are backed up right now. I'll wait till next week before I am to concerned. On the other hand Hobby Search sent me my VF-25 on Monday when they came out.

I'm waiting as well.. It was expected though as I asked them to add an item to my order. ^_^

I wouldn't be surprised if Yamato hasn't gotten Overdrive their shipment yet. I know they want it ASAP so they can get them out before the holidays so if you haven't heard from them yet it's probably because the Yamato truck driver hasn't knocked on their door. I'm waiting for Overdrive also.

HLJ is processing mine for shipment. Not too worried about the heat shield, I'm sure there's a way to work around it. As long as parts dont break off out of the box, it's all good.

Ditto. Unlike some of you panic stricken MW'ers.

Strange. I would think that something that Yamato touted as being a big innovation on their part they would have meticulously checked every inch of it.

Im on the side that there is some sort of trick to it, otherwise it's just too dumb to be passed as one of Yamato's usual simple 'oopsie' mistakes.

P A N I C ! ! ! !

:p

Seriously though, I'm going to wait for more than TWO reports before assuming the heat shield is a common problem.

Sounds like some MWers need a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. :lol:

I'll take a courageous want-and-see attitude before plunking down $200. Sure, I've fixed problems like the YF-19's crooked gunpod before, but for $200 I shouldn't have to fix anything.

Well the pics on that other forum all have the shield closed Ok. maybe there is a trick to it? if it was anyone but Graham and Alex, who I know havea lot of experience with these, id say it should be a tweak here or there, but with u guys, I just dont know. i SUSPECT it has to be pressure from the cocpit below holding it in place, but withoutt he toy it's hard to say...

and GERWALk pics finally! i never could get the 1/72 into a decent Gerwalk pose....

I really thought that the VF11 would be atleast as tall as the YF19. :huh:

Actually the toy looks pretty much perfect in comparison to the VF-1 and YF-19. Should be considerably shorter than the 19 and right around the same height as the VF-1 and just a tad taller. That's how the toy looks in the pics I've seen. ^_^

From the Macross Compendium:

Battroid Modes

YF-19.........15.48m

VF-1...........12.68m

VF-11.........12.92m

Edited by eriku

Panic on the Dance Floor!!!

The bad I see, is that Graham, a trusted, and smart man, can't get this to lock. We're not talking about some kid who just got an expensive toy. That can be a bit "panicky".

The good thing, and it's been kinda touched on, is that there's a lot of functionality going on in the cockpit area. That said, perhaps it's just something that two people haven't tried yet. Something to take off a little edge from the panic.

Graham, has Yamato made any response regarding this issue, or is there something that is missing from the instructions that is keeping it from locking?