Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

I too am very glad this is being released on schedule. I paid for mine in January and have been waiting very patiently.

1/60 for less than $160 shipped.

Hmm...It's worth it's WAIT in gold. ;):p

You and me both.....broseph.

THX for the link. ^_^

I too am very glad this is being released on schedule. I paid for mine in January and have been waiting very patiently.

1/60 for less than $160 shipped.

Hmm...It's worth it's WAIT in gold. ;):p

:ph34r: wow :ph34r:....less than $160 shipped-for a 1/60 valk(i that supposed too be cheap??????????????????)

when the 1/60s first came out they were $60-80 each;>>> h@LL.. i got TWO toy'r'us cannon fodders for this price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i smell a rippoff! :wacko::angry::blink:

why is it i can get a huge MIB 1/48 WITH HEAVY ARMOR for $100 total?

soooo, $160 for 1/60...something tells me these will go WAY thef@k DOWN in price!

:ph34r: wow :ph34r:....less than $160 shipped-for a 1/60 valk(i that supposed too be cheap??????????????????)

when the 1/60s first came out they were $60-80 each;>>> h@LL.. i got TWO toy'r'us cannon fodders for this price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i smell a rippoff! :wacko::angry::blink:

soooo, $160 for 1/60...something tells me these will go WAY thef@k DOWN in price!

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

actually i just spent 12 hours blowing glass in a basement..one of the projects broke..so my wage will be 100 instead of 200 for the night...

so...that's enough blood sweat and tears too save my $160.00 for something a little more snazzy...thanks!

>>>were the first 1/60's fugging $160.....NOOooo they were $60 ...ask anyone.

why should yamato ask 3 times that of just a few years ago??..inflation?

...if that were true a can of coke would be $3.00

bulllsh!t! :angry:

That is because demand for those isn't high. Not too many people are buying them and they need to sell them so put them on clearance. Now go look at the prices of other 1/60 scale stuff, newer stuff and that's a different story. A stand alone v.2 1/60 is $80, throw in the fastpacks and we are talking $120 roughly. This is a valk with better stuff than it's original versions plus FPs so of course the price is high.

oh, in this economy??....... i'll quote you in a couple months when they're $90!

http://hlj.com/product/YMT00078

http://hlj.com/product/YMT00086

http://hlj.com/product/YMT00090

and these have been on the market since last year, actually close to a full year and the VF-1S had QC issues and they still go for $127 before shipping. Also these are about the same size as the VF-11B so your point isn't valid.

Edited by kanedaestes

That is because demand for those isn't high. Not too many people are buying them and they need to sell them so put them on clearance. Now go look at the prices of other 1/60 scale stuff, newer stuff and that's a different story. A stand alone v.2 1/60 is $80, throw in the fastpacks and we are talking $120 roughly. This is a valk with better stuff than it's original versions plus FPs so of course the price is high.

no doubt,...but that demand WILL drop once the 'newness' has worn off.

i just scored a protoGarland for $79 from an ebaySTORE..not an auction.

..and this seller still has several units available..un-sold.

the proto as we all know retailed at $$179.00!!!!!!! and got intersteller reviews..yet demand has dropped too the point where the price is 1/3 of original price.

Soo..pay $100.00 premium....just too have the toy NOW.

i'll wait,thanks,, ..it's not as if they are some vintage toy that's going too VANISH if i dont buy one today!

i think yamato is quite cunning too feed off the collectors who are used to RARE extinct toys with huge pricetag!

theyre also still in stock cause no one will pay that price anymore..if they sold out it would prove your point!

Companies don't create their pricing strategies around making people happy. Companies price items so they can make the highest profit possible. Yamato is no different from any other companies.

Also, the price of a new 1/60 has no relation to the price of an old 1/60. They are different products.

But how long did it take for the Proto Garland to drop, that has been out for years. You are saying in a couple of months this will drop $70 dollars. Not likely. Plus this is an item that fans all over want so it isn't about freshness. Also this isn't a repaint of an existing figure. It is a retooling that people have died for ever since the terrible shoulder joints of the original. The 1/60 YF-19 is still going for $187 dollars on HLJ and that was released 3 years ago. The Proto Garland was a repaint of sorts of an existing figure. Yes I know they also did some remodeling to it but it wasn't that much. You should look at the prices of new 1/60s starting off with the YF-19. Hell even on sale the SV-51 is still $130

Edited by kanedaestes

yes... why should they ask more for something that is larger, has more parts, more features - including a built in perfect transformation heat shield and is more line art accurate and has more tampo printing than something that came out 8 years ago and that was based off of somebody else's engineering... :rolleyes:

It's not yamato's (or anybody else's) job to make thing that you can afford, it's their job to make money.

theyre also still in stock cause no one will pay that price anymore..if they sold out it would prove your point!

Really because I have seen tons of people buying these figures. They are in stock because the demand is high so they keep producing enough to satisfy demand. Why go and sell out of something when it is still selling very well? If people weren't buying them, Yamato wouldn't be spending so much to produce every kind they can with all new paint schemes. Just about most people on these boards have a v2 1/60th or they are waiting to get the ones they want like the VF-1D and TV VF-1As Max and Kakizaki.

Edited by kanedaestes

These collectibles appeal to a niche audience at best. Its not like transformers that sells tons of units worldwide at a very cheap price... Which are also made of the same made of the same materials as a standard yamato valk most of the time.

The price of these figures will likely stay very high because there aren't a whole lot of macross fans out there worldwide that would buy these pieces even at a lower price... So to compensate for the lack of demand a small amount is produced and sold at a premium so that the company makes some kind of profit for all their hard work getting it on store shelves.

It also takes a large amount of money to run a business these days so if the fans want yamato to continue to make new products they'll be willing to fork over the extra cash if need be.

Novaflo you also said that the 1/48 valks are now cheaper than they used to be but isn't that the case for all older products? The 1/48's are fading out of production now that the new 1/60 v.2s are out... Yamato is not going to continue to make an outdated product that no longer has much of a customer base anymore.

Would you pay the price of a brand new PS3 for a PS2? I know I wouldn't and as far as I'm concerned the 1/60 VF-1 line is superior to the 1/48 version in nearly every way and is worth the money IMO.

If you don't want to pay the price, then don't buy, more for the rest of us. I for one will definitely be buying one, I am really looking forward to this one.

oh the toy is quite nice looking...just not $160.00 nice! ..if it were rare or vintage that would be one thing..

>>>but for a NEW mass produced toy of the LEAST popular of mac plus valks?no,thanks.

i will look forward too getting one...when the price falls 50%

if it does'nt fall..then beagle will get my money :rolleyes:

- and i agree companies are out for profit(nature of the beast);

>>but as a consumer...i'm out for SAVING's...and i'm not ashamed of it - any more than yamato is for making money.

thats life.. :mellow:

Fair enough, and I understand. I was just making a point that the price isn't always going to drop on these types of figures anytime soon. Besides as someone who owns a Beagle I would suggest getting one too. Funny enough though the Beagle costs more than this by at least $40.

Fair enough, and I understand. I was just making a point that the price isn't always going to drop on these types of figures anytime soon. Besides as someone who owns a Beagle I would suggest getting one too. Funny enough though the Beagle costs more than this by at least $40.

all value is relative. As a big macross fan, I can easily justify spending 200 dollars on a valk. I'm not that big of a mospeada fan and 200 bucks on a beagle seems awfully expensive to me, even though the toy looks fantastic.

Man, that's not too far off.

Hey Vermillion, it looks like you're going to have to change your sig to the next item on your wishlist :)

With any luck, I hope Overdrive will be shipping them by Tuesday so that they arrive by Friday that week.

Speaking of which, I'm not the only one having SSL errors trying to access the account page and stuff on that site, am I?

Anyone able to get in contact with them and know what's going on?

I got in contact with them on 4/12/09 and this is their response:

Sir

Thank you for your enqiury. Sorry for the trouble we are having trouble

with our SSL and can't take orders at the present. There are no problems

with anything else and the problem should be cleared soon.

Regards

OverDrive Info <info@over-drive-inc.com>

I would imagine it's going to be fixed sometime soon.

I got in contact with them on 4/12/09 and this is their response:

Sir

Thank you for your enqiury. Sorry for the trouble we are having trouble

with our SSL and can't take orders at the present. There are no problems

with anything else and the problem should be cleared soon.

Regards

OverDrive Info <info@over-drive-inc.com>

I would imagine it's going to be fixed sometime soon.

I got a similar message saying they were in the middle of moving and that they should be up and running by this friday.

all value is relative. As a big macross fan, I can easily justify spending 200 dollars on a valk. I'm not that big of a mospeada fan and 200 bucks on a beagle seems awfully expensive to me, even though the toy looks fantastic.

i can digg it..

also; sorry too 'flame-out' on the vf-11b price>>..all these items have a BiG"sticker shock" involved with thier m.s.r.p.

>>>i just discovered my gF was texting with some little punk, so ..i'm venting i think^_^

and" to each his own"- certainly applies too the topic of collectables.

hell, the gakken 1/8 ridearmor was $29.99 msrp!!!..in 1985 yet>>i've seen the japenese release sell for $600!!! :blink:

end of the day...i'm avariable toy junkie -so i have no buiss telling anyone what to pay ..or buy..or like. :mellow:

p.s. ..incedently..i scored the OLD yamato fastpack vf11B last month for $65+ship :rolleyes: ..obviously the new 1/60 helped me get that low price!!

the shoulders are tiggggggghte but function..hips are good..cool variable

so i'll wait a year to let his older brother sit on the shelf and out shine 'em ^_^

Edited by novaflo

I like the design of the VF-11, not so much the Isamu DYRL colors though.

Much prefer the M7 CF pale gray/white color scheme, but I guess since M7 is a Bandai licence, we'll never see such a repaint?

The closest you'll get to that will be the VF-X2 Ravens scheme (if it is released).

That isn't a fair comparison, the 1/48 and GPS-1 have been on available for the past couple of years, and the particular versions you mentioned weren't the hottest sellers. The 1/60 VF-11B is a brand new sculpt, and possibly has more parts than meets the eye.

I'm not going to argue that it's not expensive, because it is and it's one of the reasons I'm not rushing to order it. A more fair comparison would be to compare it to the 1/60 VF-1J w/FAST packs, as it is more recent, close in size, yet costs less.

On top of possibly having more parts and stuff, the argument that Yamato won't be able to exploit this mold as much as the VF-1 and thus have to charge more for it seems to ring true as well.

If you look at prices for the v2 1/60 VT-1, it is between $15-20 more expensive than your standard VF-1 + FAST packs, despite actually coming with less packed in. This is likely due in part to the new molds needed for the FAST packs which are unique to the VT-1. I'm actually amazed they didn't charge a bit more for the VF-1D since that uses a 2 seat cockpit that won't be used again in other designs since it is different from the VT-1 or VE-1 (which I'm sure Yamato will release eventually). But at least the majority of the other parts are re-used from the basic VF-1.

Since there's far less repaints available to them and no variant heads for the VF-11, not to mention less popularity than the classic VF-1, Yamato likely just has to sell them at a higher price to justify making it in the first place.

How much is it to make brand new molds?
It's definitely in the $1,000's, possibly tens. Also, the more smaller parts there are, the more expensive it is to tool the mold. It's quite possible that the VF-11B has more internal mechanisms and pieces that we can't see, which contribute to the cost. It looks deceptively simple from the outside but underneath the exterior may be much more complex.

It's definitely in the $1,000's, possibly tens. Also, the more smaller parts there are, the more expensive it is to tool the mold. It's quite possible that the VF-11B has more internal mechanisms and pieces that we can't see, which contribute to the cost. It looks deceptively simple from the outside but underneath the exterior may be much more complex.

...why hide such detail from your customers???????? ...is'nt the toy already being released this weekend?

internal mechinsm would be a big selling point i think..

as a glassblower>>i often hide intricate embelishments in my work..BUT>> go though great pains too make sure my customers/collectors know of thier existence...

so lets see the guts already :unsure:

...why hide such detail from your customers???????? ...is'nt the toy already being released this weekend?
It's not intentional. I'm talking about the internal mechanisms, like the gears, the hinges, the parts that you don't see until you bust parts of the toy open or disassemble it. It looks simple on the outside but for all we know it could be much more complex within. That's what I'm getting at. I don't really see the point of showing all the internal stuff unless your toy breaks and you need to tell overdrive, or HLJ which exact part you need a replacement for.