Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

Soooo.... today was the B-(vf-11B)day, wasn't it?

still no new pics in ebay... G-man, are you allowed to drop some of the zillion pics you have on your (un-hacked-by-now) hard drive?

Again, this wait is killing me...

April 20th, is just the date my local toy store told me a few weeks ago, not a date given to me by Yamato.

I haven't checked with Yamato about the exact release date.

Last time I spoke to Yamato just before the Easter holidays, they told me final checks before shippment were about to take place. So whether it comes out on time or not, depends if any problems were found in the final checks.

A good indication on whether a toy is out or not, is to check Yahoo Japan auctions (link in the 'where to buy' section of the main page). The 1/60 VF-11B is not showing up yet.

Graham

.... not a date given to me by Yamato.

... final checks before shippment were about to take place.

A good indication on whether a toy is out or not, is to check Yahoo Japan auctions (link in the 'where to buy' section of the main page). The 1/60 VF-11B is not showing up yet.

Hi Graham, thanks for the clarification!!!

And, for the waiting... if the QC is going to be at the YF-21's point, I wouldn't mind to wait a couple of extra weeks to get a much sturdier pretty bird!

I will check on Yahoo Japan every once in a while... fingers crossed!

Dear Yamato, please push the release date back; the damn Euro just decided today to take another one of its plunges against the Yen. :lol:

if it makes you feel better, I bought mine from over-drive and they charged me when I placed the order... when it was 110 yen to the dollar... it's about 10% cheaper now... sigh.

if it makes you feel better, I bought mine from over-drive and they charged me when I placed the order... when it was 110 yen to the dollar... it's about 10% cheaper now... sigh.

Meh, that just reminds me that over-drive has to RE-ship my VF-1D because the stupid mailman didn't feel like delivering it and the package got returned. And buying it today would be cheaper :lol:

We need a single universal currency to shield our collecting. I propose the rupee; you find them chopping down weeds and such other things while dressed like an elf.

We need a single universal currency to shield our collecting. I propose the rupee; you find them chopping down weeds and such other things while dressed like an elf.

I also vote for the rupee. I also think we should have the option to throw an older valk into the secret fairy pond in exchange for a newer, better valk.

I also vote for the rupee. I also think we should have the option to throw an older valk into the secret fairy pond in exchange for a newer, better valk.

Like a trade-in? considering how expensive these things are getting, a trade-in or lease program doesn't sound too bad! :lol:

actually an awsome idea.. i would prefer too buy used yamato's that i can be certain are QC free..+ cheeper! :rolleyes:

Well, the official posters said April 21st and I guess they were wrong. The other 1/60's came out today but not the VF-11.

The guy at the store said that there might be some delay but didn't seem to know more than that. It doesn't look like it's out this month at least.

Edited by Alex

Well, the official posters said April 21st and I guess they were wrong. The other 1/60's came out today but not the VF-11.

The guy at the store said that there might be some delay but didn't seem to know more than that. It doesn't look like it's out this month at least.

The offical site says April 29, along with Defender OD.

Awww, dangit. Oh well. Not a big surprise since the majority of Yamato's releases are practically the very last day or next to the last day possible. Its almost like places charging something plus 99 cents to make it seem a lot lower than it really is (like 19.99 instead of 20). I think Yamato should just decide on a month to release something and add a month to it and release it on the first of that month to make it seem like they are releasing things early :p

Edited by MacrossJunkie

According to yamato's latest newsletter:

Q:「1/60 完全変形 VF-11B withスーパーパック」はいつ発売になりますか?

A:お待たせして申し訳ございません!

新商品のお知らせでもご案内していますが、今月の29日となっております!

他の商品も同様に29日~30日には店頭に並ぶはずですので、いましばらく

お待ち下さい。

And according to Google translate it means:

Q: "1 / 60 complete deformation VF-11B with Super Pack" will release HAITSU?

A: Sorry to keep you waiting!

We also inform you of new products this month and 29 days!

As well as other items 29 to 30 days, so it should hit store shelves for a while now

Please wait.

so it's either 29th or 30th...

It's definitely in the $1,000's, possibly tens. Also, the more smaller parts there are, the more expensive it is to tool the mold. It's quite possible that the VF-11B has more internal mechanisms and pieces that we can't see, which contribute to the cost. It looks deceptively simple from the outside but underneath the exterior may be much more complex.

Definitely in the tens of thousands. Steel tooling is very expensive.

Graham

The good news is that I preordered mine from overdrive last month so I don't have to worry about having enough cash in the account at the end of the month. :) The bad news is that I've paid for it already and I still don't have it :mellow: ......damn. :(

Oh well now to figure out how to save enough for the 6 Yamato stands I ordered and how to pay for a VT-1 and a VF-22 in June/July.........oh god I think I need to stop for awhile.

Macross World - the place where:

a) If Yamato is releasing products back to back as fast as possible (v.2 vf-1) people scream and complain that they want Yamato to slow down the pace so they can collect up some money.

b) If Yamato slows down the pace and delays the VF-11B to give people breathing room, people scream and complain that Yamato better get to work and get in gear and what's the hold up and why the delay? and where's the 11B already?

Gotta love it :)

Pete

I wouldn't mind so much if most websites list the item as out of stock if you didn't pre order or get it 2 weeks after it came out....... :mellow:

It's nice to know that during these tough economic times I am helping to prop up the Japanese economy buy going on a Macross spending spree this year. :lol:

Edited by logos

They where supposed to change it to grey (there are some display pics with it now being grey).....I guess we wait a day or 2 more to find out.