Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

The escape pod does not fit in there tightly. Shaking it when upside down will make it fall out. No locks or anything. Not even good friction hold.

Other wise very solid fighter mode. Awesome connection for the FPs. The gun pod has the extending blade. No extending stock though.

Nice finish to the canopy. A much stronger rainbow effect than on the VF1s.

Any specific things peope want to know/have me check?

Is the shield level with the shoulder plates in fighter mode now? The prototypes all had the shield too low which made it not level and also created a bit of a gap underneath the upper intake between it and the shield (I'm not talking about the gap that's also in the line art).

Ok.

So the lower portion of the heat-shield.....It did NOT lock, and slid back down to it's fighter-mode position when transforming it. Very annoyed by the floppyness of the pver all escape-pod fit/heatshield locking.

Watch out for the shoulder panels that sit infront of the vents either side of the head. These are not on pins. They may pop off when you transform it and they are small so losing them is a possibility.

Other than that, articulation is great, pulling off more than the VF1 since the wings are set further back giving the 11 more crouching options.

Dissappointed to see that the elbow articualtion only grants a 90 degree bend at the elbow. And I don't like the return to the chicken hands. And NO fixed pose optional ones. Bleh.

transformation is suuuuuuuuuper smooth and intuitive. I got it back between modes in under a minute.

It is probvably the most solid of the Yammies next to the V.2 VF1.

All this and the ability to shrug its shoulders. Nice.

and check the pilot,

is it the same chubby isamu as the YF-19 or is it a new isamu mold

it'd be great if its a new one...

lucky for me, i'm not really diggin the mac + vf-11 scheme

waiting for repaints :)

It looks like it's a new pilot in the pictures Graham posted.

OK, now that my son has finally gone to bed, I've just taken the toy out of the box.

Here's a few quick snaps in my bedroom at night.

1/60 VF-11B fighter mode with Super Parts, together with 1/60 DYRL Max VF-1S in fighter mode.

More pics to follow shortly.

Graham

post-11-1240925981_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240926045_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240926071_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240926096_thumb.jpg

Woah, thanks, Graham!!!!

finally some real pics... can you please drop some thoughts about this bird? My concerns remain mainly on:

- Tailfins

- QC finish/touch&feel

- floppyness in fighter

- hips. They won't break, will they?

Thanks!!! And congrats to your son, since he's inheriting 1/3 of the mythical "wall of Yamato". ^_^

Manu

PS: geez, never noticed how anti-aerodynamic these FAST packs were...

Edited by mcpaz

The Good

1. Fighter mode locks together very tightly, no floppiness at all - rock solid.
  2. Joints in battroid mode nice and tight.
  3. Looks great.
  4. Easy to transform, but read through the instructions at least once, otherwise there are a couple of small sliding tabs you might miss during the torso transformation.
  5. Nice detailing on the eyepiece.

The Bad

1. Hands can't hold the gunpod that well on mine. I can't get the tab on the palm to go into the slot on the gunpod's pistol grip.
  2. Just like Alex, I can't get the bottom part of the heatshield to lock in the up position in battroid mode, it just slides back down into the nose. I hope there's a trick to this, otherwise I will be pissed and this bird will be staying in fighter or gerwalk mode.

Unlike Alex, my escape pod is not loose. It certainly doesn't fall out when I hold the fighter upside down and shake it.

Anyway, here's some more pics.

Graham

post-11-1240929441_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240929510_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240929555_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240929612_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240929671_thumb.jpg

Hmm....not sure if I'm concerned about the heat shield or not. For myself I mean. It's an unfortunate problem if there turns out to be no way to lock it, but for myself I'm used to having the 1/72 version in Battroid with no heat shield (I refuse to use the cut-out one provided by Yamato) so I may just keep the canopy uncovered on this one as well.

How is the transformation compared to the 1/72? Similar? Easier? More complicated?

This picture makes me very, very, sad :(

Well, no, that's not quite true. In a way, it makes me happy, because I'll be saving money (or at least, earmarking it for something else)

sounds like a job for good old double sided tape. :lol:

come on OD!

PANIC-MODE ENGAGED! Let's wait till we have our own 11's shall we?

The heatshield is probably some minor issue, like the VF-1D canopy. Perhaps a bit of force is required to snap the two pieces together?

(what does the manual say? Could we perhaps get a scan?)

Doesn't bother me in the least bit. I've fixed far worse, this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Still waiting for my three 11's to ship... Hurry up, HLJ!

Edited by OmegaD3k

The tabs on the upper shield seem to be shallow for the lower shield to grip on or vice versa, at least that's from what I can see in the pictures. Haven't got mine.

Still waiting for my three 11's to ship... Hurry up, HLJ!

Let's hope this 3-yammie shipment decreases your yamato percentage (1 out of 15). By the way, does your sig mean this?

post-657-1240932706_thumb.jpg

(hehe... sorry, couldn't resist)

Manu

Pic request! I want to see the back of the battroid, between the shoulder blades, without FAST packs. Been waiting months for a good pic of that area. I also want to see the gunpod attachment area in fighter mode. (this could very well be the same part, depending on how the toy is designed)

Have any of you who have it tried to use a little force when pushing up the lower heatshield part and see if you hear a click or something like it ?

Kinda sucks if it turns out to be no way to lock it in place. :unsure:

Also a pic request, could any of you snap off a pic of the fightermode side profile without FP's ? That way i can see how big the tailfins really are.

Is it bigger then the 1/60 VF-1 or about the same size ?

Edited by thankheaven

Just got my payment request from HLJ for my VF-11....and the new Yamato display stands, so if you are all interested they apear to be out now too! This shipment will also have the Max VF-1S in it!! What a Great glorious box I will be getting from Japan next week!!! :) :)

Chris

Just got my payment request from HLJ for my VF-11....and the new Yamato display stands, so if you are all interested they apear to be out now too! This shipment will also have the Max VF-1S in it!! What a Great glorious box I will be getting from Japan next week!!! :) :)

Chris

Do let us know how you like the stands. I am holding back until on ordering anything for a few weeks because I want to see how the stands are. I'll be ordering a few with the Valks if they are as cool as they appear.