Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

What a relief! Graham, you just made my week!!! Now I'm very happy that OverDrive is processing my order today! Max TV 1A, Max 1S and VF-11B...all in one box. My front porch may explode from the sheer awesome contained within.

I don't know either, but HLJ shipped mine yesterday via EMS. I should get it by Monday at the latest.

I paid for mine wiht them 2 days ago, and still haven't gotten the shipping notice yet! That's the one thing about HLJ I don't like...sometimes they take a while to ship after you pay. Hopefully it won't be delayed due to Golden week.

Dang, I was hoping the panic would continue for a while longer because I had almost bottled enough to power my home for a whole year. I could just tap into the swine flu panic but that kind of terror-sweat is a little too high-test. Good for dissolving glue, but too volitile to power every day appliances.

:p

LOL! We should get you a Job with Sully and Mike at Monsters Inc. :lol:

Chris

Graham or Alex, can you tell us if the foam is needed in the cockpit as cushion, or is it part of the packing? Now that the bottom portion of the shield is working, I'm wondering if those foam pieces need to be put back in.

Wiki is your friend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(Japan)

Oh and OD is processing my toy as well. MacPlus triumvirate almost complete!

Thanks for the info Dangard Ace. I Googled Golden Week this morning before I left work after posting the question. I'll check my account with OD later this evening. Hopefully it will finish processing. Just good to know that it appears they have not shut down for the week long holiday.

HA! I knew it! my good faith tides me over! Props to everyone else who said this was too dumb to be like Yamato =P

Anyway, no QC issues, no foam, sturdy heatshield locking, firm joints, first release..................

Oh my God, they did it! Time to order :D

VERY glad to hear that the detent is there and that the shield works properly. The tailfins don't look so bad. I'd like to see more pics with those fins out, in super mode, canon be damned, I like the VF-11B with FAST packs on AND tailfins out.

If the VFX-2 scheme is planned, and the skull emblems/designs can fit well on the fins, I may consider picking it up.

I got my tracking info from HLJ and it shows it has left Tokyo at 0420 AM. Any one guess when it would arrive in Texas? B))

When did your payment go through with them? I paid on Tues. got the Thank you message from them...and it still hasn't shipped. Argg! I'm impatient!! :p

Chris

Hey Dobber they processed my payment on Tuesday. But I had a large order placed, not just the VF-11, I also had my Max's, that Valkyries book, the VF-25 Alto and some stands and armor packs B)) so most of those were waiting to ship maybe thats why mine was processed so quick :rolleyes:

I got my tracking info from HLJ and it shows it has left Tokyo at 0420 AM. Any one guess when it would arrive in Texas? B))

after items ship from hlj i receive them within two days (relative because tokyo central time is more that twelve hours ahead of the central u.s. time zone. time travel is awesome.). my vf-11b shipped april 30th on the japanese calender. i will probably have it by saturday. once your package reaches the inward office of exchange in jfk you're golden. hope that helps.

Hey Dobber they processed my payment on Tuesday. But I had a large order placed, not just the VF-11, I also had my Max's, that Valkyries book, the VF-25 Alto and some stands and armor packs B)) so most of those were waiting to ship maybe thats why mine was processed so quick :rolleyes:

My shipment will have the VF-11 the Max 1S and 4 of the new Yamato stands, so it's a pretty big order too. Hopefully it will ship before the weekend. Thanks though. :)

Chris

Was the VFX-2 version in that BAD ASS color scheme ever shown with FAST packs? I'm trying to determine how much a VF-11B would cost without those things.

well the VF-22 which lacks the stand and Fast packs of the YF-21 is 3,000 yen less and it has some new tooling. a VFX-2 11 would probebly be about the same,

I'd seriously consider getting one, the VFX2 scheme is so much better looking and I don't like the fast packs anyways.

(course there's a LOT of Yamato coming out that might be more worth it)