Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

As requested, some photos of fighter mode with the intake covers removed, taken this morning at 8.50am from my balcony.

Gotta say the VF-11B has always been my favorite Valk from Macross Plus and in terms of features and design equals or even surpasses Yamato's YF-21.

Graham

brilliant! thanks, graham. i have always loved that yamato gives us the option of removable intake covers...even if some find it ugly. the option is there.

would there be room for them even if u COULD rig it?

You could probably rig it for battroid and gerwalk modes, but not for fighter mode, there's just no room to attach the 2 spare mags. Chalk it up to anime magic.

So far I think the toy looks great from what I see. Articulation is waay better than the recent DX bandai line... Although the toy doesn't contain the extra parts I still think it's a very nice piece regardless. This will be on my to buy list for awhile though.

Well they don't really have to worry about what happens at V-R on take off, given that it is a space fighter, do they? :p

Well, I suppose in such an advanced fighter, pilots don't have to worry about approach speeds, glidepath angles, or shock absorption. :D:p

Well, I suppose in such an advanced fighter, pilots don't have to worry about approach speeds, glidepath angles, or shock absorption. :D:p

Hehe yea. The VF-11 must have one of the gentlest glidepaths in the history of flight. ^_^

P.S.: On a more related note, I'll be going back to Sg soon so if any nice singaporeans got a good lobang and good price for this, pm me kae? thx ^_^

I've been saying up for new Valks. Close to reaching for maybe 3 of the lesser value one but this VF-11B is calling out to me.

Any full reviews, cool pics of it, like a two handed grip on the gun pod? Is is pretty sturdy?

Some more detailed information from Yamato on the foam that comes packed under the VF-11B's escape pod:

The english is not perfect, but I think you can all get the gist:-

sorry for late reply,

the foam is mainly to keep holding the cockpil don't drop inside the body during to the carton drop or tansportation.,

because we found out this cockpil will fallen inside the body of plane when carton drop even transit test., so, we add this foam for holding, it has no

any functional uses or display purpose when the consumer play this product.,

Graham

It has been the first time I see a new valk sold out within a week. (at least in the 2 locations I used to shop)

Maybe they didn't order enough to sell, but nonetheless it means the sales is unexpectedly good.

P.S. Heard that another shipment arrives today.

Some more detailed information from Yamato on the foam that comes packed under the VF-11B's escape pod:

The english is not perfect, but I think you can all get the gist:-

Graham

So, the answer is: foam is not a functional part of the toy = design defect because the lower heat shield won't stay up.

My question is, do they even think there is a problem to deal with? From their perspective the heat shield should function fine, and we are simply not locking it in properly?

Yes it has been solved and stated many times over. There is no issue with the heatshield it works perfectly fine. We WEREN'T locking it properly actually

Edited by kanedaestes