Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

This is all great news!!! All the confirmations and questions asked and answered makes me feel comfortable with the fact that I got this early. I plan to get a second one, but at over $200 with shipping, I'll be waiting for my next raise next month.

because your heatshield problem

by v2 they might screw something else up so V3 will be PERFECT and maybe even a stealth color scheme that would be nice

Read my 'Panic Over' post a page or two ago. There is no problem. The heatshield works fine. It was my user error.

WOOT!! My big bad box of Yamato Macross goodness is on it's way!! and here I was about to ask eriku to push a panic but just for me! :p

Chris

WOOT!! My big bad box of Yamato Macross goodness is on it's way!! and here I was about to ask eriku to push a panic button just for me! :p

Chris

Just say the word! :lol:

I'm about 99% ready to buy one of these now. Golden Week is forcing patience upon me!

PANIC OVER..........PART 2

Just to prove it wasn't a fluke and the the official Yamato heatshield locking method does indeed work (see my "Panic Over" Post on page 25 of this thread), I transformed my second 1/60 VF-11B from Fighter to battroid mode and used the same recommended procedure, i.e.

1) Take out escape pod and remove foam (which is only used for shipping).
2) Put back escape pod.
3) Push down escape pod.
4) Pull up lower heatshield, until you hear the click and it locks in its detent.
5) Pull down upper heatshield.
6) Finished.

Complete success. I've attached a photo of both my 1/60 VF-11B's in battroid mode, with heatshields locked. The locking is solid, i.e. they can't be shaken loose, you actually have to push the lower heatshield back down, so it unlocks from it's detent.

Also attached are some quick photos of the VF-11B in both battroid and fighter mode without FAST Packs, as requested.

(the slight gap between the upper and lower heatshields on the non-FP VF-11B in the pics is entirely my fault for not pushing down the upper heatshield all the way and not noticing when I took the pics).

Graham

post-11-1241185753_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241185814_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241185901_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241185999_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241186090_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241186155_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241186205_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241186276_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241186334_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241186402_thumb.jpg

post-11-1241186485_thumb.jpg

I just ordered an 11 from HLJ, but it won't process until after Golden Week... oh well. I can wait.

Ditto and likewise.

I figured the Sturmvogel's release is too close for comfort to the Ozma Armored that I have already have pre-ordered, and considering I already have a YF-21, I can live without the 22.....................for now.

I guess now it will be a race to see what arrives first: my movie Yoko (from Hobby Search which I got a processing notice early this morning) , or the Thunderbolt (from HLJ).

Graham you said that the VF-11 came in a smaller box similar to the Vf-1s 1/60s right? I sure hope so cause I just finished cleaning up my boxes from the hidden corner in my office and I now hope that Yamato has learned that bigger is not always better. ;) My collection is not very big (yet!) but man are those boxes starting to pile up! :lol:

Edited by logos

fold them, I actually folded my old 1/48 boxes and placed them in a box (box in a box lol) and placed/organized the plastic trays and put them in a box as well. They are both in the garage which allows me to have more room for things like the VF11 =)

Of course, Yamato always produces with removable intake covers.

indeed they do. just making sure. i simply found it odd that in all of the pics we seen and discussion that's happened i have never seen an image that shows the intakes removed. if i missed something, sorry