Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

So far only the Angel Birds have this feature, and now the upcoming mechanic edition.

Who knows what the future holds after the mechanic version.

Maybe they will offer squadron options for future versions, like perhaps the cannon fodder. It would be cool to have a variety of squadron logos on the tailfins as an option down the road, instead of numbers #1-#5 like the angel birds. They could re-use all the same box inserts and all to save $

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Hoping that on this release they may finally have changed the tab design so that the arms and legs lock more securely in place in fighter mode. But I'm probably expecting way too much. 😅

Yeah not optimistic. After so many repaints, I don't think Bandai will bother with any improvements at this stage. These will be reserved for the next Revival version! 

3 hours ago, MKT said:

I kinda think now, that international DYRL fans are the most screwed from BW-HG deal.

BW can't bring TV VF-1s outside Japan, but at least on HG side there are other quality brands now like Threezero covering that. But movie VF-1 schemes are still very much in international purgatory and limited to JP only. 

Buying something that says 'Robotech' and 'HG' on it makes me feel dirty. 😅

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

So far only the Angel Birds have this feature, and now the upcoming mechanic edition.

Who knows what the future holds after the mechanic version.

Maybe they will offer squadron options for future versions, like perhaps the cannon fodder. It would be cool to have a variety of squadron logos on the tailfins as an option down the road, instead of numbers #1-#5 like the angel birds. They could re-use all the same box inserts and all to save $

very interesting:good:

5 hours ago, MKT said:

I kinda think now, that international DYRL fans are the most screwed from BW-HG deal.

BW can't bring TV VF-1s outside Japan, but at least on HG side there are other quality brands now like Threezero covering that. But movie VF-1 schemes are still very much in international purgatory and limited to JP only. 

From all the photos I've seen so far of the Threezero VF-1J, the large chest vents and weird head sculpt just don't do it for me, so I don't think I'm going to be picking one up.

Happy enough at the moment with the Bandai DX and HMR for my VF-1 needs.

I even got rid of most of my old Yamato 1/48 and 1/60 v2 in the last few years as most of the ones with white plastic had yellowed to some degree.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

From all the photos I've seen so far of the Threezero VF-1J, the large chest vents and weird head sculpt just don't do it for me, so I don't think I'm going to be picking one up.

I agree on TZ, especially the deformed head, but I will say I want to see it up close before I turn my back on it completely. I read some good things about the proposed build quality.

27 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

I agree on TZ, especially the deformed head, but I will say I want to see it up close before I turn my back on it completely. I read some good things about the proposed build quality.

3Z have a fantastic reputation, and never to experiment with materials beyond plastic for accuracy or quality. 

But here the design doesn't convince me. The inaccurate head with the large chest and smaller than usual legs are quite a step backwards from DX, HMR and Yamato. 

It's a shame Bandai was lazy and simply replicated what Yamato already did with the SSP (for free) and with the clear parts.

Bandai missed an opportunity to distinguish their set by revealing more internal "mechanics"...even if it was just for the SSP...such as the beam cannon and arm armor pieces....it would have been cool to have shown the internals of the gunpod too...

So, I have a bit of a problem that I am hoping someone here in the community could help me with.

I have the Bandai DX Chogokin VF-1J Armored Valkyrie set that came with the GBP-1S armor and VF-1J. For only the second time since getting this, I decided to change it to Battroid and put on the GBP armor.

much to my surprise, I am missing the intake cover piece for the left leg. Does anyone know of someone or somewhere that I might get a replacement? I have scoured my house looking for the missing piece, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

here is an included picture to show what I am missing.

Thanks!

Twich

-update! Found the piece 15 feet away and under a cabinet on the floor! The gremlins must be playing tricks on me!IMG_0245.jpeg.90daea2db28081f49d631688c9136cb1.jpeg

Edited by twich

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Graham said:

So, what is next on everybody's DX VF-1 wish list, after the release of the Hikaru VF-1S with clear Strike/Super Parts?

For me, I really want:

• VF-1A TV Cannon Fodder
  • VT-1
  • VE-1
  • VF-1A Hikaru DYRL
  • VF-1A Max DYRL
  • VF-1S Max DYRL

Would like a VF-1 VR, which had a small mention (more of a screen grab from SDFM asking what VF-1 should be next...) in one of the hobby mags previously. Candidate for a P-Bandai if so...

else i would prefer a 1A CF or a 1A Kakizaki to round out the TV platoon.

Edited by seti88

VT-1 

VE-1

VF-1A DYRL/TV CF ( I like the DYRL head more )

I look forward more to these as they aren’t all white and won’t yellow eventually ( or as badly ) and I in general do not like the hero ships/suits/etc most of the time outside gundam usually.  but I’ll probably pick up a DYRL 1A Max if that comes out. 

VF-1J Milia DYRL, VT-1, and VF-1S Roy DYRL have been the ones I've been hoping for, with slowly diminishing expectations of them ever happening. I've mentioned it before, but I am forever flummoxed that they haven't milked this mold and done an annual Tamashii web exclusive release of the missile pack. I guess the focus lately is on worldwide releases for Frontier and Plus.

I would like Bandai to complete Vermillion Squadron next with a TV Kakizaki -1A...

Then they can do the obligatory split releases of the Max and Millia TV -1Js...one regular release and one web....

Next....reg and web release of CF TV VF-1A and DYRL Max -1A...

Followed by reg and web releases of CF DYRL -1A and Hikaru -1A...

Next...a TV Super VF-1S Hikaru and web DYRL VF-1S Max....

Finally, Web and reg releases of Elint and SuperO....

If they plan the releases with their current amount of haste....the DX VF-1 line could end by the SDFM 50th Anniversary! ;)

21 hours ago, Graham said:

So, what is next on everybody's DX VF-1 wish list, after the release of the Hikaru VF-1S with clear Strike/Super Parts?

For me, I really want:

• VF-1A TV Cannon Fodder
  • VT-1
  • VE-1
  • VF-1A Hikaru DYRL
  • VF-1A Max DYRL
  • VF-1S Max DYRL

I would be fascinated with a Macross the First VF-1J!

Twich