Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


IXTL

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, borgified said:

That saying, I wonder if the clear cover parts will yellow in due time just like the Yammie version. 

This is a valid concern. If we look at the clear stand adapters used for the recent DXs, and also the clear Tamashii figure stands, they can yellow pretty easily. So hopefully the clear covers used for this Mechanics are not of the same brittle plastic and are made of other formulation.

Edited by MKT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, MKT said:

Yeah I remember the discussions when someone pried open the leg covers on the normal strike pack. It also wasn't resolved then if there were molded missile details under their cover at front of boosters.

Now we know why Bandai did what they did then for the normal strike packs. The inner leg molded details were just a cost optimization thing, a single mold for both the normal and now the mechanics version. The engine detail in the booster is on a separate mold that can simply be removed from the normal pack as it doesn't affect the structural integrity of the whole booster, and put back for this mechanics version.

Bandai figured that just offering clear covers down the road was not enticing enough; they now want to package it together with the full mechanical details underneath to make it a better USP. 

 

I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if the parts were always fully molded, and Bandai just glued everything shut to save on painting until they decided to release the clear version.

If the super/strike packs weren't so freaking rare and expensive, I'm sure more people would have cut them open by now to find out for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Froy said:

Isn't it corrected?

I just wonder if only include the clear pieces or also the solid color ones.

ah my mistake..was reading it upside down too like bandai originally did 😄😅 

you are right its corrected. Phew, that's a relief!

As mentioned by others, solid and transparent covers will both be included ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, treatment said:

 

p-bandai.jp only, most likely.

i read somewhere Bandai's been lately shutting out proxy-shops purchasing, tho...

 

was reading abt the tamashii club membership since its offered to members. Seems even if you are a tamashii member, you would need to be ocean level i.e. level 4...

 complicated structure....not even sure if it overseas fans are entitled...

so for the rest of the world, this may have to go down the mandarake/auctions route which would be pricey...

hmmm.....there is this on the product page....

<After Event Sales>
Scheduled from 10:00 on Friday, November 17 *The shipping month will be announced at a later date.

wonder if that means an online PO in november as we would know it...

though it may be just for those attending TN2023 on Nov17?

Just read it on TN2023 sales page you need a domestic JP address even for the nov 17th sales..so no dice there....

 

 

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

The mechanic edition parts is the truth...nothing abt the actual valk is a mechanic's edition...😶

I would have imagine the  mechanic edition would have come with a full set of crew and loaders and fuel vehicles :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see it says

憧れの内部メカを再現したストライクバルキリーが登場!
劇場版「超時空要塞マクロス 愛・おぼえていますか」にて主人公 一条輝が駆ったVF-1Sストライクバルキリーを、魂ネイションならではのスペシャルな仕様でラインナップ!
最大の見せ場である、ストライクパーツは、脚部・背部FASTパックの内部メカを再現。
チタンをイメージしたゴールドをはじめ、各部品のマテリアルを感じさせる彩色も注目。
取り外し可能なカバーパーツはクリア版と劇中版の2種類が付属。
ミュージアムモデルとして楽しむか、劇場版の世界に浸るアクションフィギュアとして楽しむか、二方向×三段変形のまさにメモリアルなアイテムです。

 

which google translates puts as this, so seems like we get normal AND clear parts this round.

Strike Valkyrie that reproduces the internal mechanism of admiration appears!
The VF-1S Strike Valkyrie driven by the main character Hikaru Ichijo in the movie version "Macross: Do You Remember Love" is a lineup with special specifications unique to Tamashii Nation!
Strike parts, which are the biggest highlight, reproduce the internal mechanism of the legs and back FAST pack.
Also pay attention to the coloring that makes you feel the material of each part, including the gold that imaged titanium.
Two types of removable cover parts, a clear version and a play version, are included.
Whether you enjoy it as a museum model or as an action figure immersed in the world of the movie version, it is a truly memorial item with two-way x three-stage deformation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

what about this part?...check out that LAST LINE (bold)

セット内容
・本体
・交換用手首左右各3種
・ガンポッド一式
・パイロットフィギュア
・ガウォーク用アンテナ×2
・腹部ディテールアップパーツ左右
・エアインテークシャッター左右
・専用台座一式
・ストライクパック一式
・ファイター用台座アタッチメント
・クリア成型ストライクパーツカバー一式
交換用尾翼右
 

Does this mean they are actually adding in a separate individual RIGHT TAIL FIN(removable like the Angel Bird) with the reversed numbering? It can't translate to that, right?
 

set content
・Main body
・Replacement wrist left and right (3 types each)
・Gunpod set
・Pilot figure
・Gawalk antenna x 2
・Abdominal detail up parts left
and right ・Air intake shutter left
and right ・Exclusive
pedestal
set ・Strike pack set
・Fighter pedestal attachment Part cover set
, replacement tail wing right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Shawn said:

what about this part?...check out that LAST LINE (bold)

セット内容
・本体
・交換用手首左右各3種
・ガンポッド一式
・パイロットフィギュア
・ガウォーク用アンテナ×2
・腹部ディテールアップパーツ左右
・エアインテークシャッター左右
・専用台座一式
・ストライクパック一式
・ファイター用台座アタッチメント
・クリア成型ストライクパーツカバー一式
交換用尾翼右
 

Does this mean they are actually adding in a separate individual RIGHT TAIL FIN(removable like the Angel Bird) with the reversed numbering? It can't translate to that, right?
 

set content
・Main body
・Replacement wrist left and right (3 types each)
・Gunpod set
・Pilot figure
・Gawalk antenna x 2
・Abdominal detail up parts left
and right ・Air intake shutter left
and right ・Exclusive
pedestal
set ・Strike pack set
・Fighter pedestal attachment Part cover set
, replacement tail wing right

Oh I would absolutely believe they would do this.  This is just the second level of "screw you" to the people who complained about their "artistic decision" (read: production screwup) with regards to the backwards numbering.  The first step was when they included the decals to make both tails match, with numbers both backwards and forwards, just in case you wanted them all wrong.

They really will go to any length to avoid admitting they screwed up.  They're including both copies this time to cover their backsides, because otherwise, not including the incorrect one would imply they were admitting that it wasn't correct.  This is just a giant pile of lies at this point, all because someone got a number backwards, and they decided instead admitting it, they would just run with it for multiple releases like it was intentional.

If they wanted to make this truly right, they should be issuing replacement tails for every single stupid backwards numbered release they put out. 

I bet you a bunch of people will be trying to offload the replacement tails for insane amounts, too.  Thanks for nothing again, Bandai. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Oh I would absolutely believe they would do this.  This is just the second level of "screw you" to the people who complained about their "artistic decision" (read: production screwup) with regards to the backwards numbering.  The first step was when they included the decals to make both tails match, with numbers both backwards and forwards, just in case you wanted them all wrong.

They really will go to any length to avoid admitting they screwed up.  They're including both copies this time to cover their backsides, because otherwise, not including the incorrect one would imply they were admitting that it wasn't correct.  This is just a giant pile of lies at this point, all because someone got a number backwards, and they decided instead admitting it, they would just run with it for multiple releases like it was intentional.

If they wanted to make this truly right, they should be issuing replacement tails for every single stupid backwards numbered release they put out. 

I bet you a bunch of people will be trying to offload the replacement tails for insane amounts, too.  Thanks for nothing again, Bandai. :rolleyes: 

large.Bandaiisneverwrong.jpg.83769ce21cc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Is this how the prior exclusives were? I always just paid the piper extra on YJ 

image.png.ec365baab92e47a9b1a352d6aa033844.png

image.png.664c0180a9d8e0ccc2afe74671755470.png

 

 

This part gives me hope for a more regular type release.

image.png.b8a55b7e26dce9b4ecd234e39aa5ad16.png

 

24 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Is this how the prior exclusives were? I always just paid the piper extra on YJ 

image.png.ec365baab92e47a9b1a352d6aa033844.png

image.png.664c0180a9d8e0ccc2afe74671755470.png

 

 

This part gives me hope for a more regular type release.

image.png.b8a55b7e26dce9b4ecd234e39aa5ad16.png

Not sure abt a regular release, but hopefully at least a p-bandai online release, and not a 'you have to be physically present at the event to order' release.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, jenius said:

Okay, so it sounds like folks who can't get it at the event will have a chance to order it through the Tamashii website? Sounds like what we saw for the Hajate 31 movie version.

fingers crossed on this, if so!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am curious if they are only going to make the right-side tailfin removeable, or if they will do both like the angel birds.

This removable feature will come in handy down the road if they ever come out with a VT-1
They could have the normal size for the Fighter, then the anime-magic version with the Fast Packs
I never liked the Yamato shorted versions too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I am curious if they are only going to make the right-side tailfin removeable, or if they will do both like the angel birds.

This removable feature will come in handy down the road if they ever come out with a VT-1
They could have the normal size for the Fighter, then the anime-magic version with the Fast Packs
I never liked the Yamato shorted versions too much.

I can't say they ever really bothered me that much, but I agree, the full-sized tails would look better.  I do think the shorter ones are canon though?  I know the HMR VT-1 has the same shortened ones that the Yamato design used.  The only one I know of that didn't was the original 1/55 Chunky, and it caused the boosters to be notably tilted.

I hope you're right, for multiple other reasons though (and I really really do want them to do a 1/48 VT-1 ^_^).  Adapting the swappable tail mechanic as the standard design for the DX VF-1 would open up a lot of fun options for making alternate tail markings, especially if they released some sort of blank set for customization.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

YAWN🥱 wake me up when they release a CF TV 1/48.

I’m with you on this.

After all this time this is what’s next?

Bandai could have at least made details for the arm and calf covers, and the clear parts that goes with them. I could have sworn the details were shown during the prototype stages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

found the orig display pics from 2018 ish or so

on the map it would be a big arrow with a 'you are here' sign

 

08a4883a.jpg

634e3f81.jpg

a3f96642.jpg

 

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/652754/

 

DqZAqxuX4AAjQ1b?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Well I guess Bandai didn’t bother making the internal details for the arms and calves after all.

Yup, easy pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

YAWN🥱 wake me up when they release a CF TV 1/48.

Same sentiments. I'm just here waiting for Rick's... er, Hikaru's VF-1A Super. After that, I can close shop on DX VF-1 figures. 8)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who missed the original release of the Hikaru Vf-1S, I'm excited for the chance to get it at retail (with a more secure nosecone peg), but it's weird that they aren't releasing the strike parts separately.

 

The Tamashii web shop exclusive DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A followed the normal release Hikaru VF-1S, I wonder if we will get a retail release DYRL (Max please) following this exclusive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The parts are cool and all that, but I'm really more curious on the packaging
This will be the first time we've packaged a valk and super parts

Will they do the same split/folded/open box type like the GBP, or will they do something crazier...like the old school Bandai strike, and go side by side

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

 

 

7 minutes ago, Shawn said:

The parts are cool and all that, but I'm really more curious on the packaging
This will be the first time we've packaged a valk and super parts

Will they do the same split/folded/open box type like the GBP, or will they do something crazier...like the old school Bandai strike, and go side by side

 

 

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think they'll do a sleeve. Curious if they'll make the parts available separately.

 

What?

No special rinky-dink banking stand included anymore for an exlusive?

 

FAIL!

 

:bump:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...