There's that ham-fisted, "I think you're the greatness, Kirk", stuff. ... So far it's a love/hate sort of thing. "I'm sorry" pretty much sums up the saying "hell is truth realized too late."

From what I've read,

Ever since Kirk made captain, he's been making some very reckless decisions, like that scene where him and McCoy are running through the pink brush, being chased by the mob. If he was reckless in the original series, he's even more so in the movies. Pike still believes Kirk will get his act together and make a name for himself, in a good light, not being the bad joke and whipping-boy of Starfleet.

Personally, I see NOTHING of the Galaxy Class in this new ship.

It also seems to have, or can have an open primary hull.

Reminds me of the Old April Fools Enterprise design that came out before the first JJ movie.

Chris

Personally, I would have preferred those Enterprises to the pizza cutter looking/abortion gone wrong JJprise. I seriously hope that they have to either scrap it, or seriously "refit" it enough to make it into something I can actually stomach.

-Kyp

and obviously has a better sense of design taste

*snicker snort*

I never understood why you'd design a warship with such obvious weak points. Sure, the shape is now iconic (and I get that--I even think some of the designs were pretty cool), but come on...

While I hope to simply share and not inflame, IMO most geeks are the LEAST QUALIFIED for any judgement of taste, particularly OVER TIME. If the internet has revealed any truth about humanity, it has proved most geeks lose grip on the pulse of popular culture even faster than the average person and if you give geeks exactly what they CLAIM/THINK they want, they invariably hate it. And how I wish it twas not so :(

Edited by Mr March

I've liked almost every star trek design but i was so disappointing by the enterprise in the reboot. I'm not sure how you screw up an iconic design like that. I think if they just fixed the neck area i would be ok with it. It just doesn't look right the way it is.

JUST WON FREE TICKETS TO THE AUSTRALIAN PREMIERE WITH JJ ABRAMS AND THE CAST PRESENT AND I CAN'T FRIGGIN GO 'CAUSE I WILL BE INTERSTATE!!!!!!!!

THIS SUMS UP MY MOOD.......

Seriously, a momentary blip on a grand scale. Relatively primitive people witnessing the Enterprise flying in the sky for a moment before disappearing for good. Sure it's a violation of the prime directive (so is stopping the volcano) but one minor sighting of a UFO isn't going to wreck an entire civilization.

Yeah I've thinking about this too for a while now too...that it's ok to COMPLETELY alter the course of a primitive civilization by stopping the eruption but spotting the Enterprise is where the line is crossed regarding "interfering".

Very much want to see this move and am really excited about it, but that seems a bit contradictory. Maybe they will address it in the movie.

Chris

So from that clip I got this:

the USS Flying Submarine

the fighter/bomber scale bird of prey variant

Kronos is now Coruscant

and that USS Vengeance looks looks like it is a hybrid star destroyer/federation ship

Yeesh, at this rate, I'm expecting there to be an "Excelsior" class Mon Calimari cruiser that looks like the Ent-D in the new Star Wars movies. :p And what's with a Fed ship named "Vengeance?"

No joke, they seriously are getting into Star Wars levels of "Look at the size of that thing!"

Well, I'd imagine the villain renamed it himself. I can't imagine starfleet ever coming up with that name themselves, unless we're planning on warping this alternate universe into something like the mirror universe of old.

I kinda wish they'd done that to begin with honestly, but the fustercluckery of the original timeline would already conflict.

The USS Vengeance from Into Darkness. Given that the Abrams Enterprise is already 3 times the size of the TOS Enterprise and the Vengeance is even bigger, it could probably give the Enterprise-E a run for its money.

I still love the JJ-prise more but that is one sexy evil bitch.

The USS Vengeance from Into Darkness. Given that the Abrams Enterprise is already 3 times the size of the TOS Enterprise and the Vengeance is even bigger, it could probably give the Enterprise-E a run for its money.

OK, now I know for a fact that's the ship that we see crashing into the bay, bowed out pylons and Enterprise E shaped nacelles and all.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron