Do a search for spoilers about the movie, and you'll probably find it. If they're actually true, and not just some fanboy pulling the collective leg of the internet, JJ needs to be slapped, because that's without a doubt the stupidest possible plot twist ever conceived.

I hope it's a joke, or this movie will be.

Edited by Chronocidal

After reading the spoilers.....I have to say that I blame the writers more than anything. Not to be rude but their work has left a lot to be desired IMO. I look back and see their work on the Transformers franchise, Cowboys and Aliens, even The Island....I personally disliked the Transformers movies a lot. I love TF but the movies left a lot to be desired and it just seems these guys are revered in Hollywood but their movies , while they sell alot, kinda suck as far as writing goes. Just my .02 though.

I can agree with that, TBH I will go see it in theatres as I love Trek but if it is as the spoilers described then this will not be a buy for me when it is released to home video.

Edited by Atharun

We'll find out if they're true when it premieres in the UK next week.

Oh and spoiler tags please until after the May 17th weekend (after it opens for most of Europe, Asia, Australia, and USA). Commentary about the sad state of Hollywood is fine, but the rest needs spoiler tags.

Yeah, I won't argue that it's not the writers, but you'd think it would occur to someone up the chain that they're producing absolute garbage. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it's a joke, but I kinda don't want to risk the price of a movie ticket to see that.

The only way to stop the production of garbage is to stop spending money on the movies.

With IM3, Oblivion, Man of Steel, Wolverine and World War Z all this year, all the bad spoilers about Into Darkness is not making it a must see movie... no matter how much Carol Marcus they show in the trailers.

None of them with spoilers have been positive.

Are they even real? And if they are, under what circumstances do they occur? Context!

I've read three fairly spoiler-free reviews, and not one of them said anything remotely like "fans will be very upset with some of the choices they've made in the movie."

I've read lots of spoiler-free reviews and the language they use hints that the parts they can't talk about are what drag an otherwise good movie down.

Now five reviews in, and I haven't seen any such wording.

Edited by Duke Togo

As soon as I hear confirmation that those spoilers are not true I will consider going, but if they are true, WTF?

Either they don't understand the implication or, at this point, they're all working on Star Wars and they really don't have to care. It's summer tent pole, they'll get the action fans and it doesn't matter if the Star Trek fans find this "twist" really stupid.

Either they don't understand the implication or, at this point, they're all working on Star Wars and they really don't have to care.

Well, they were in post-production by the time the announcement of Abrams' Star Wars-attachment came about so they already had it all on film so you can't blame Star Wars for this.

Well, they were in post-production by the time the announcement of Abrams' Star Wars-attachment came about so they already had it all on film so you can't blame Star Wars for this.

I'm not blaming them, actually that would be a better solution. "We're moving on to something we like/prefer more and stopped caring" is much better than "we honestly thought this stupid idea was a good one."

If it turns out to be a hoax, awesome.

If not? This'll probably give trekkies their own "Han shot first" equivalent. Well.. in terms of magnitude at least. It's not exactly that it would be a "change" to the existing universe as it would be a stupid addition that makes even less sense than all the "red matter" shenanigans did in the first movie.

When MacrossWorld gives it a good review I'll change my mind but until then its a no go.

At least here on MW we all have some similar interests so you can at least get an idea if you will actually like it.

At least here on MW we all have some similar interests so you can at least get an idea if you will actually like it.

You'd be surprised. Other than the Valk designs themselves I don't like Macross at all. I can't even watch the originals that got me hooked.