DX Chogokin VF-1J 50th Anniversary

MKT

From the general DX 1/48 tread:
https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45206-bandai-dx-chogokin-148-vf-1/?do=findComment&comment=1696333

item_0000014921_Z6exPzuu_01.jpg.039a6d1ef5ef6679ba88b4f198fb87f3.jpg

DXVF-1J50th.jpg.113799c0b4079de166a7cfd57a4edb74.jpg

Details here: 

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14921

This says a 'Tamashii Store Event', indicating that it is neither a general release nor a TWE. Is it available only via proxies for us? What's weird is that in the link, there are general links for it to be available outside Japan (Asia & US only, but not EU) almost like other WWM valks.

Perhaps this being a non-canon VF-1 scheme, it is out of reach of HG...

Edit: So, this is part of the Chogokin 59th Anniversary Exhibition, which includes 3 other products in their own 50th scheme:

https://tamashiiweb.com/store/tokyo/event/detail/202405.html

img_conts_kv_2405_02-thumb-1190xauto-3812.jpg.e1998639b452ad73e1f72db2dfdc03e9.jpg

Here is the sale mechanism, still not fully understanding it. It sounds like available via both TWE and lottery scheme? :unknw:

SaleType.jpg.f1f133dde79b75aea7f27910d6db037b.jpg

Edited by MKT

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Perhaps this being a non-canon VF-1 scheme, it is out of reach of HG...

I can't understand it otherwise so far.

I hope it doesn't change. To buy a brand new DX VF-1 in a New York City shop is the stuff of dreams.

It's already being sold by Luna Park for  ¥52,800

Tamashii Nations Tokyo 2024 Event Exclusive item, limited numbers available.

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-vf-1j-valkyrie-chogokin-50th-exclusive-japan-version

Edited by Spark-O-Matic
Edited - they already did a price drop

Was this shown before ? On the forum maybe it was leaked photos? Or display booth?

I remember seeing something just like this awhile back and I thought the smoked panels looked kinda offsetting .

oh  there was a separate thread?!  haha.  i htink part of the reason i like this is because the gunmetal/darkish color kinda reminds me of the old arii box art fro the vf-1J.  that thing was definitely not "white" or "off white" that we always see valks in.  did i ever say i LOVE those old school box arts!?  love them so much

I do remember seeing a teaser of something like this a few months back, probably a tiny teaser attached to something related to the VT-1 release.

Otherwise.. yeah, no thanks, that's a nice chunk of money saved.  Helps me recover from the summer salvo hitting this year with the monthly releases stretching from May to probably September. :lol: 

30 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I do remember seeing a teaser of something like this a few months back, probably a tiny teaser attached to something related to the VT-1 release.

Otherwise.. yeah, no thanks, that's a nice chunk of money saved.  Helps me recover from the summer salvo hitting this year with the monthly releases stretching from May to probably September. :lol: 

This specific variant was shown back in November last year in TN-2023 and was posted in the main DX-thread 

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/2147450/3/

was even copy-posted by no3Ljim :

As such, Bandai wants to charge 33k-yen and make this an "event-exlusive" by just changing the stand from clear to solid black and slapping the "Chogokin 50..." sticker on the stand.

Another "great innovation" from Bandai to augment their usual recoloring and assymetry tactics...

:5:

36 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Is it just me, or does this look super weird with the combination of clear, metallic plastic, and metal coating parts?

Definitely not just you.  

However..  I am all for this sort of behavior by Bandai.  Yes, please Bandai, keep making these sorts of event exclusives for all your future events.

Saves me a ton of trouble trying to get them if you keep making them this ugly. :rofl:

40 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Is it just me, or does this look super weird with the combination of clear, metallic plastic, and metal coating parts?

Your not alone after I looked at more pictures it's weird . several past anniversary Macross stuff still on my list I'll just stay focused on them instead.

DSC_9237_FKpkJQ8mOtexnFIJnEXjwC1F652sh4TV-440x293.jpg.6f3cd5529afea44abddfccce27b6104a.jpg

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I think it's super weird as well. Hard pass for me (not my thing), but good hunting to those trying to snag one.

I'll get one at some point...but will not be jumping through Bandai's hoops to get it...

It's clearly marked as an SDFM product on the website...interesting....

HG-KC recently posted about some licensing meeting in Japan....I won't believe there has been some "breakthrough" until I am able to purchase a legit VF-1 from either SDFM or DYRL off of an American retailer on PO day....this unmarked (just stripes and no UN Spacy Kite logo) "Chogokin" 50th Anniversary "VF-1" barely counts in my book....but it's a potential start I suppose...:unknw:

Definitely some strong opinions here about this release lol
I'm personally looking forward to it. It almost looks like a test shot.

So are they referring to 'Iron Type" of being old school "Iron Works" or literally the old Imai Iron Type kits?
"Chogokin's 50th anniversary product, VF=1J Valkyrie from DX Chogokin, is commercialized with gunmetal, black plating, and smoke clear parts inspired by the iron type of yesteryear. "

image.png.b6c44d6e86c8a46d978ad0be6cdf70fc.png

20 minutes ago, Shawn said:

So are they referring to 'Iron Type" of being old school "Iron Works" or literally the old Imai Iron Type kits?
"Chogokin's 50th anniversary product, VF=1J Valkyrie from DX Chogokin, is commercialized with gunmetal, black plating, and smoke clear parts inspired by the iron type of yesteryear. "

yes

...and now I need DX "Iron Type" FP....thanks! :angry:

7 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Your not alone after I looked at more pictures it's weird . several past anniversary Macross stuff still on my list I'll just stay focused on them instead.

DSC_9237_FKpkJQ8mOtexnFIJnEXjwC1F652sh4TV-440x293.jpg.6f3cd5529afea44abddfccce27b6104a.jpg

WOw... I hope thats not what it looks like in final production. 

For those who want the 50th Anniversary VF-1J, may the Toy God's smile upon you in getting one. 

As for me, I'll pass & keep patiently waiting for a Cannon Fodder VF-1A. B))

Price is at quite a premium, which makes it easy to skip especially since the scheme looks.. weird. Don’t really understand why some parts get clear bits and others not.

Won’t sweat if I miss it, perhaps pick up at later date if it hovers around MSRP but definitely not if it goes to the current price of VF-1S Mechanics Edition.

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

I've never seen that before, it looks pretty cool!

That looks like an eclectic mix of materials and finishes. It doesn’t seem to follow any kind of pattern.

Do we know why this is the case snd were Bandai is drawing its inspiration from?

I think I couldn’t come up with something like this, even if I tried really hard.

59 minutes ago, Scyla said:

That looks like an eclectic mix of materials and finishes. It doesn’t seem to follow any kind of pattern.

Do we know why this is the case snd were Bandai is drawing its inspiration from?

I think I couldn’t come up with something like this, even if I tried really hard.

I completely agree. 

If they had made the effort of at least somewhat seeing the internal structure of the VF-1, I would have been interested! But this is just a mix of see through and chrome plastic parts with nothing being shown of interest. 

50701661771_8ca08017d1_h.jpg.b6db54a3fcacc5c2298c6067af05687f.jpg

Edited by grogall

It could look pretty cool in Battroid mode
Maybe some of the shift in materials/transparency might not be as obvious as some of the fighter mode pics.

Still think it will be a cool addition

image.png.c13f08da0d42c84520d43122c290f5cc.png

I kinda like it.

Reminds me of this planes

Lockheed_XF-104_(modified).jpg.1098df67da48fcb67732b59c21477b0d.jpg

It would be nice if it was complete gun metal. The polished finish on the legs pop too much

Said it elsewhere, so probably should here: If anyone needs someone to try and pick up a copy for them at Tamashii NYC, I would try.

I just don't know if purchase limits will be imposed for this like they were at the Tamashii popup at Grand Central for the Max VF-0S.