Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

Exciting! What can we expect a modern MSRP to be for an SDF reissue?

As per HLJ prices:

2010 Yamato's Y27880 (Y32880)
2017 Arcadia's Y36800

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the price as is or close or bring it up to Y40000+/- range.

Just about everything is more expensive in our post-covid world. But with the yen at it's lowest point in decades vs the dollar, even if Arcadia increased the price to about 40000 yen it would still end up being a good deal cheaper than it was in 2017.

Arcadia should give us a Super Ostrich reissue already, regular or PF.

They have already reissued 3 DYRL valks.

It is like they just don't want our money.

I was actually really waiting for a PF Ostrich, would have loved to pick one up.  

At this point though, I think they're better waiting to do that until a little after Bandai's VT-1 releases.  That way, they can profit from the market that missed Bandai's release, and offer something (hopefully) a little easier on the wallet.

4 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

The fact that a -0D PF re-issue is even on his mind is fantastic. Hopefully it will happen eventually. I won't sleep on it this time if it does.

I would love a 0D PF reissue in addition to a 0A PF version.

On 2/6/2024 at 4:12 AM, Lolicon said:

Just about everything is more expensive in our post-covid world. But with the yen at it's lowest point in decades vs the dollar

Japan needs to return to being an independent country without the west.

On 2/6/2024 at 10:31 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Interesting. I wonder if that means the production base moved from China?

As the Elites in the west are upset with them I think many Japanese brands will bring them back home to japan in the next 10 years. 

On 2/4/2024 at 8:38 PM, Anasazi37 said:

I would love it if "normal" meant that we'd finally be getting a TV version of the SDF-1, but I'm not holding my breath. My best guess is that it's the non-premium-finish DYRL version.

What's the difference between DYRL and TV?

Edited by Spark-O-Matic

On 2/7/2024 at 12:45 PM, Grey728 said:

image.png.c2fac5e4a3ec689bb0782ae7d0eb68fb.png

Thanks! some big differences I just thought all the ones I seen were just different levels of detail. what's kind of funny I thought was how both Macross & Transformers started out with crashed alien ships on remote parts of earth, that both transformed earth vehicles into transforming robots, both ships themselves transformed into giant robots. who would win in a hand to hand fight? TV SDF-1 or The Ark?

15 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Thanks! some big differences I just thought all the ones I seen were just different levels of detail. what's kind of funny I thought was how both Macross & Transformers started out with crashed alien ships on remote parts of earth, that both transformed earth vehicles into transforming robots, both ships themselves transformed into giant robots. who would win in a hand to hand fight? TV SDF-1 or The Ark?

I think that contest would be a matter of scale. A SDF Macross is 1200 meters long for SDF-1 and longer for subsequent models(battle 13, 25,.etc). How big is The Ark? The Ark, also is a living robot. SDF/Battle are essential giant piloted mecha that lack the articulation of smaller VF scale mecha. Now Macross Quarter? If the Ark was in the 400 meter scale, then it might be a more interesting battle.

Twich

On 2/5/2024 at 11:18 PM, Radioguy said:

Exciting! What can we expect a modern MSRP to be for an SDF reissue?

On 2/6/2024 at 12:31 AM, no3Ljm said:

As per HLJ prices:

2010 Yamato's Y27880 (Y32880)
2017 Arcadia's Y36800

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the price as is or close or bring it up to Y40000+/- range.

It's getting a re-release non PF edition

image.png.47dd282106b7bdaf43b9fafaf0b15300.png

I wonder if Arcadia is struggling.

This is the 6th time the SDF-1 is being released since 2010 and the VF-1 since 2008. This almost feels like a Toynami move. Nothing new just more reissues. Would be nice if they added  in scale figures that stood up. 😜 

Seriuosly, we need something new.

4 hours ago, borgified said:

It's getting a re-release non PF edition

image.png.47dd282106b7bdaf43b9fafaf0b15300.png

Ouch. Still, I had better make a spot for it and start selling blood again now.

50 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

This is the 6th time the SDF-1 is being released since 2010 and the VF-1 since 2008. This almost feels like a Toynami move. Nothing new just more reissues. Would be nice if they added  in scale figures that stood up. 😜 

Like others, I wish it were the TV version. That should be the way to go if they do try something beyond a reissue/repaint.

I previously thought all these sudden spate of reissues could be due to Arcadia shoring up their finances before committing to new molds, but going by their recent tweets & production of both YF-19 & the Fire Valk, it also seems equally likely the upcoming reissues is just to have their new factory continue to train on & get used to Arcadia’s standards first.

I’m not a production guy, but i’m surmising that a situation of simultaneous new mold & new factory mean steeper learning curves for both Arcadia & factory, so by first smoothing out production challenges on molds which Arcadia themselves are already familiar with to guide the new factory, is a prudent move.

If Arcadia is able to have the reissue VF-1 & SDF-1 released on time as per planned without delays, then it might be that is when the factory is able to start work on both the VF-5000 & the Hargun.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:45 PM, Grey728 said:

image.png.c2fac5e4a3ec689bb0782ae7d0eb68fb.png

Will always prefer TV. Never understood why the drastic changes for the DYRL, especially how the arms in ship mode don't tuck into the sides and without the strip upwards. 

50 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Will always prefer TV. Never understood why the drastic changes for the DYRL, especially how the arms in ship mode don't tuck into the sides and without the strip upwards. 

I, on the other hand, will always prefer the DYRL due to alien nature of the ship.

Too bad we didn't see the SDF-1 in the TV series docked with the intended ARMD waiting in space because it got heavily damage during the initial Zentraedi attack. Forgot if there was a lineart featuring the TV SDF-1 with the ARMD attached to it.

ARMD-01_28Top29.webp.0083da5fc2107ebd282a363c4c5e0d0b.webp

9 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Agreed.

On 2/11/2024 at 4:42 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

I wouldn't mind reissues if it wasn't the same reissues all the time. Mix it up and reissue some other releases like vf-11, vf-17, vf-1d and other vf1 paint schemes.

18 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

damn!, maybe finally will try to get an SDF 1, I wonder what the shipping cost of that thing will be?, 200 000 Y using DHL maybe?:shok:

A month a go I got my 50th anniversary DX Mazinger Z from HLJ. FeDex and DHL were the most expensive options to Mexico. Both around 50k yens.

I think Arcadia needs a new owner. I also suspect it was BW pushing them to release something due to it being the 40th. not releasing an updated version incorporating PF features and more! is really ridiculous in this day and age considering it just looks like a grey blob. even 3rd party TF and crappy knockoffs have better detail these days.  where is the drive to be better, to exceed expectations and offer an experience like no other. with all the newest production machines and methods in China it's sad to see a brand wasted like this and a chance give customers an exceeded experience. I suspect he only had to change factory's because he was not giving them enough business. This is a waste. yes I would to buy an SDF-1 but in this case someone would be better off just 3D printing one. this is one time a 4th party knockoff would be a good idea, they could make it better with much better detail. I'll send MuscleBear an Email.

I think the only thing going on right now is they are doing the adsalute minimum to keep the license from BW. that half empty uninspiring show booth says everything.

Yamato Died and it's soul went to heaven, that's all I see here.