Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

The PFs are done from the batch of base YF-19 released few months back.

But it appears the reissue of this base YF-19 has quite a bit higher defects than normal? 
So just speculating, there could not be enough leftover for the PF after accounting for defects & replacements, so Arcadia might have to schedule a whole new production batch for it.

On 11/6/2022 at 2:31 AM, MKT said:

The PFs are done from the batch of base YF-19 released few months back.

But it appears the reissue of this base YF-19 has quite a bit higher defects than normal? 
So just speculating, there could not be enough leftover for the PF after accounting for defects & replacements, so Arcadia might have to schedule a whole new production batch for it.

So this new reissue is worse than the original release?  I'm asking because I considered trying to get a PF version. 

5 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

So this new reissue is worse than the original release?  I'm asking because I considered trying to get a PF version. 

I don't think it's worse per se. There were a batch of the regular reissue production that Arcadia posted on their Twitter feed that has defects. At this point there are no official release date for the PF release after they posted some notice on their website a few months ago. There were some discussions of it here due to the Japanese word they used that translates to 'cancel' so we thought the PF was cancelled despite of online stores not removing the listings. I'm pretty sure they will fix everything first prior of announcing a new PF release date.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't think it's worse per se. There were a batch of the regular reissue production that Arcadia posted on their Twitter feed that has defects. At this point there are no official release date for the PF release after they posted some notice on their website a few months ago. There were some discussions of it here due to the Japanese word they used that translates to 'cancel' so we thought the PF was cancelled despite of online stores not removing the listings. I'm pretty sure they will fix everything first prior of announcing a new PF release date.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarifiaction 👍

Don't think there is cancellation at this point, but at same time the PFs are really late for what should be just panel lining work at their factory. So something must have gone wrong beyond just work scheduling, but I agree with @no3Ljm , Arcadia would likely to fix any known errors before releasing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know that it is a translation, but I am still having hard time piecing together what that said:

they are redesigning the hinges on the YF-21?

it might release in a few years?

what hinges? The belly plates, underside folding plates, or the side pieces the pushed in out of the way for the arms? Or the legs that would randomly fall off?

don’t get me wrong, would love to see a PF YF-21.

Twich

• 3 weeks later...

https://arcadia.ac/user_data/news

Arcadia's latest apology message:

2022-12   『1/60 完全変形 YF-19 with ファストパック Premium Finish』に関して

お客様 各位

平素より格別なるお引き立てを賜り誠に有難う御座います。

発売時期検討中の『1/60 完全変形 YF-19 with ファストパック Premium Finish』に関しまして、
ご予約いただいておりますお客様に、現在の状況をご報告させていただきます。
(以下弊社開発担からのコメントになります)

————————————————————————
誠に心苦しく思いますが、結果から申し上げますと未だに発売目処が立たない状態です。
生産拠点となる中国での、政府による”新型コロナウイルス対策”の影響が大きく、
長らく工場・工員の稼働が滞り、再開した際にも深刻な”工員不足”が発生する等、
全体的な生産遅延が発生しております。

加えまして、直近にて確認を致しました”工場サンプル”の内容にも満足できるものでないと判断し、
修正は勿論、部位によっては再成型からのやり直しをさせて頂きたく存じます。

弊社として、また開発担当しても、より早急なアイテムのリリースが望ましい事は重々理解をしているのですが、
やはりお客様の手に取っていただく物は、可能な限り「最良品」である事が大前提であると認識しております。
お待ちいただいている皆様には、本当に申し訳無く、また頭が上がらない気持ちでいっぱいすが、
もうしばしお時間を頂戴出来ましたら幸いで御座います。
(リリース時期は『2023年 春以降発売』を想定しております。
また可能限り調整を行なって御座いますが、有事の際は再度延長も考えられます。)
————————————————————————

以上となります。

改めて販売スケジュールが確定次第、弊社公式HP/SNS/カスタマーメールにてご報告をさせて頂きます。

ご予約頂きましたお客様には、ご迷惑をお掛けする形となり大変心苦しく思いますが、
発売までもう少々お時間を頂けますようお願い申し上げます。

今後とも何卒、弊社商品を宜しくお願い申し上げます。

----------------------

Online Translation:

2022-12   Regarding "1/60 Fully Transformable YF-19 with Fast Pack Premium Finish

Dear Customers

Thank you very much for your continued patronage.

Regarding the "1/60 Fully Transformable YF-19 with Fast Pack Premium Finish" that is currently under consideration for release, we would like to inform you of the current situation.
We would like to report the current situation to our customers who have pre-ordered the "1/60 Fully Transformable YF-19 with Fast Pack Premium Finish".
(The following is a comment from our development staff.)    

------------------------------------------------
We are sorry to inform you that we are still unable to release the product.
The government's "new coronavirus countermeasures" in China, our production base, has had a great impact on us.
The factory and its workers have long been in a state of standstill, and even when the factory resumed operations, there was a serious shortage of workers.
When the plant resumed operations, there was a serious shortage of workers, resulting in an overall delay in production.

In addition, we have determined that the content of the "factory sample" that we have recently confirmed is not satisfactory.
We would like to make corrections and, depending on the part, to start over from remolding.

We understand that it is desirable for us and our development staff to release the items as soon as possible.
However, we recognize that the items you hold in your hands must be the "best product" possible.
We are very sorry for those of you who have been waiting, and we are very sorry for you.
We are very sorry for those of you who have been waiting, and we would appreciate it if you could give us a little more time.
(We are planning to release the product in the spring of 2023 or later.
We are making all possible adjustments, but in the event of an emergency, we may extend the release date again.)    

------------------------------------------------

That is all.

As soon as the sales schedule is fixed, we will inform you via our official website, SNS, and customer mail.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to our customers who have pre-ordered the product, but please allow a little more time for the product to go on sale.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and ask for your understanding in allowing us a little more time for the release of the product.

Thank you for your continued support of our products.

I know the during the latest event, there was a lot of news concerning future Bandai releases, but was there any update on Arcadia’s 1/60 VF-5000? Is there a release date that I missed?

Twich

3 hours ago, twich said:

I know the during the latest event, there was a lot of news concerning future Bandai releases, but was there any update on Arcadia’s 1/60 VF-5000? Is there a release date that I missed?

Twich

None. No official date whatsoever. We'll see if Arcadia is going to announce or reveal something at Winter WonderFes 2023 coming February.

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

@Arcadia: Can you please release a Premium Finish VF-0A and reissue the VF-17 please?

TIA.

I would hope that Arcadia jumps on the World Wide Macross bandwagon and releases all of their non SDF/DYRL valkyrie designs for a western audience, and so you dont have to pay a small mint, pledge your first born and give one of your kidneys to acquire it (I'm looking at you 1/60 VF-0D Shin Custom Premium Finish).

Twich

Could this world wide release policy help with the costumer service for product defective/replacement? 

I know some times brands only have these serices for domestic market and in a very few instances for over seas.

3 hours ago, Froy said:

Could this world wide release policy help with the costumer service for product defective/replacement? 

I know some times brands only have these serices for domestic market and in a very few instances for over seas.

If you buy from non-Japanese retailers...you should be covered by whatever their policies are on the items they sell...but best to just ask whichever retailer you are doing business with...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 9:51 PM, twich said:

I would hope that Arcadia jumps on the World Wide Macross bandwagon and releases all of their non SDF/DYRL valkyrie designs for a western audience, and so you dont have to pay a small mint, pledge your first born and give one of your kidneys to acquire it (I'm looking at you 1/60 VF-0D Shin Custom Premium Finish).

Twich

I was sooo hoping that by now Macross would have become far more ubiquitous here in the US, but so far as I've seen, nope. Nothing on Netflix or Hulu, no toys, no models, no books- zip. What was the purpose of reaching an agreement with HG if they weren't going to capitalize on the market? We're still no further than we were pre-agreement, except, I'll concede, the valks are a little easier to get from domestic e-tailers. Beyond that, though, the great Macross invasion I was hoping for never materialized. :(

I, too, was hoping for some better update news about Arcadia's YF-21. My hope is that they're going to address the proportion issue with the legs. While it may make the fighter a little thicker, that's a concession I'll happily take in lieu of a better proportioned Battroid. In every other way, Arcadia's YF-21 is a gorgeous toy. I'd still be interested to see what Bandai's doing with theirs though.

5 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I was sooo hoping that by now Macross would have become far more ubiquitous here in the US, but so far as I've seen, nope. Nothing on Netflix or Hulu, no toys, no models, no books- zip. What was the purpose of reaching an agreement with HG if they weren't going to capitalize on the market? We're still no further than we were pre-agreement, except, I'll concede, the valks are a little easier to get from domestic e-tailers. Beyond that, though, the great Macross invasion I was hoping for never materialized. :(

I, too, was hoping for some better update news about Arcadia's YF-21. My hope is that they're going to address the proportion issue with the legs. While it may make the fighter a little thicker, that's a concession I'll happily take in lieu of a better proportioned Battroid. In every other way, Arcadia's YF-21 is a gorgeous toy. I'd still be interested to see what Bandai's doing with theirs though.

The only examples that I had were the original 1/72 scale YF-21 Fast Pack, then the VF-22S Milia custom, that the legs fell off and never went back on correctly in my experience, and ended up selling it. 
I would love to see the YF-21 from both Bandai and Arcadia.

speaking on your other point, I too have noticed that there has not been this great explosion of Macross to the Western (read USA) audiences. I was expecting to see this available for streaming, or at least, and hopefully including purchasing on Apple TV app on my phone. They already have English sub and dub of Macross Plus OVA and Movie edition. They have official subs of Macross Frontier and Macross Delta.  
I am sure that I am missing a whole slew of licensing, etc. But really, why isn’t this here?

Also, why is it taking so long for e-trailers like Amazon to get these valks? Have they even released the Hi-Metal R VF-0S? I ordered this way back in October from a Japanese online store and have had it since late October? I understand that people like BBTS get it from the literal slow boat from china, so I understand the 2 month delay.  It is now 2023. November 2021 was the announcement, 2022 was the 40th Year Anniversary. Where are the products?

not trying to sound like a whiny bitch, but it has been a little underwhelming so far, to be sure!

Twich

On 2/5/2023 at 1:37 AM, twich said:

The only examples that I had were the original 1/72 scale YF-21 Fast Pack, then the VF-22S Milia custom, that the legs fell off and never went back on correctly in my experience, and ended up selling it. 
I would love to see the YF-21 from both Bandai and Arcadia.

speaking on your other point, I too have noticed that there has not been this great explosion of Macross to the Western (read USA) audiences. I was expecting to see this available for streaming, or at least, and hopefully including purchasing on Apple TV app on my phone. They already have English sub and dub of Macross Plus OVA and Movie edition. They have official subs of Macross Frontier and Macross Delta.  
I am sure that I am missing a whole slew of licensing, etc. But really, why isn’t this here?

Also, why is it taking so long for e-trailers like Amazon to get these valks? Have they even released the Hi-Metal R VF-0S? I ordered this way back in October from a Japanese online store and have had it since late October? I understand that people like BBTS get it from the literal slow boat from china, so I understand the 2 month delay.  It is now 2023. November 2021 was the announcement, 2022 was the 40th Year Anniversary. Where are the products?

not trying to sound like a whiny bitch, but it has been a little underwhelming so far, to be sure!

Twich

I have both Yamato's 1/72 and 1/60 YF-21s, and the maturation in every conceivable area is notable. The 1/60 is a beautiful toy, especially the fighter mode, whose streamlined form was obviously the primary focus. They succeeded; I doubt there will ever be another transforming toy that beats it. However, as a Battroid fan, the disproportionally skinny legs bug the living bejesus out of me. Moreover, the hips are loose affecting its stability. I finally took it down and boxed it up for safekeeping. I'm heartened by Mr. K's mention of working on it, but hinges don't equate to the leg issue, so my hopes are tempered. Bandai's YF-21, while it has its own issues, proportionally gets things closer to "right" for my sensibilities. Alas, with little concrete news about this bird coming from either company, it seems the odds of an improved YF-21 are still a distant dream.

As to the hopes of more Macross on Western shores, the lack thereof has been sorely disappointing. I was hoping that all the various series would be dubbed and show up on streamers like Netflix, Hulu, and the like; however, not only has it not happened, but there have been no announcements of such. Again, what was the purpose of pursuing an agreement with Harmony Gold if they had no intentions of bringing Macross to the Americas? The only benefit I've seen has been the availability of Macross toys on American e-tailer sites, which frees us from enduring the frustratingly nigh impossibility of acquiring a new toy via the ritual 'midnight madness'. I don't miss that bit of BS in the least. So there is that, and it's not to be taken for granted. But it would be great to see the various series and films showing up on DVDs with good subs and dubs as well as being shown on regular tv or streamers to build an audience here hungry for their eventual products. 

Edited by M'Kyuun

I'm not so much affected by the skinny legs of the Yammie 1/60 YF-21 / VF-22, but I was pretty bugged about the weak hips. The first copy of this mold I obtained was Milia's, an MISB item, and I had great frustration trying to get it to stand in battroid without tipping over. I would be seeing pictures of others' copies and feeling some envy on some of the standing poses, just simple A-stances, that mine could never seem to do.

Eventually, this is the only 1/60 valk in battroid that I had to put on a stand in the display, as sometimes the small vibration or air pressure change from just opening the display case doors will topple it if it was made to stand on its own two little feet.

• 3 weeks later...

I am hoping that we get WWM releases of all of their valkyries except for the VF-1 mold that can be sold on places like Amazon and BBTS. I know the SV-51 Nora is available at BBTS, but not for $444

Twich

On 2/11/2023 at 6:36 PM, seti88 said:

here ya go...Fousz0daUAE2Iu0.jpg.698b8ddff5335a346bef1a6db98dec8e.jpg

Love the design, hate the colors. Hoping this thing is issue-free, and they follow it up with the lovely 'B' series. Been some time since we had a new valk design to add to the display, and this one was high on the list, along with the Variable Glaug, VF-9 , and the VF-14. Oh yeah, and an improved YF-21 w/ good overall battroid proportions.

3 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

When was it teased? Is there a link to the image? Really want to see it but can't find it.

It was just a placard that appeared years ago at some exhibition, but it became vaporware when there were no official mentions of it thereafter.

ArcadiaVF-0ACF.jpg.19273a0975ebfa830d4110f23061f3c3.jpg

If not mistaken, this could be the only Macross item Arcadia have teased but never followed through after.

Unlike Bandai.. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MKT said:

It was just a placard that appeared years ago at some exhibition, but it became vaporware when there were no official mentions of it thereafter.

ArcadiaVF-0ACF.jpg.19273a0975ebfa830d4110f23061f3c3.jpg

If not mistaken, this could be the only Macross item Arcadia have teased but never followed through after.

Unlike Bandai.. :rolleyes:

OMG!!!

So want!!! And thank you for the share.

Edited by Raikkonen