The camaraderie between Carrie, Mark, and Harrison is so genuine...very much looking forward to more Star Wars. I'm glad they didn't show anything; this is a film I really don't want spoiled.

Given the personal and professional investments of Kathleen, Lawrence, and J.J. in Star Wars, I'm feeling hopeful that these will be the movies I'd hoped the Prequels would be. It's a shame GL so marred his own creation that many of us fans, myself included, are happy that his influence on this film is merely tangential.

I haven't seen Ford that genuinely happy in years. I mean, he actually smiled.

I don't think he has played an optimistic character in a while. Han is one.

Four out of six of the main cast are British.

Looking forward to it.

The age of Star Wars returns.

That 26 inch TIE Fighters looks to be a good alternative to Hot Toys' 1/6 scale, but as a toy the details and proportions are still massively inferior to Bandai's 1/72 model kit.

Man that is emotional to watch. I'm a grown ass man and it's hard for me to not get misty eyed about Star Wars.

Same here, just looking at the Falcon and a X-wing being built make me smile. But knowing that CGI will be as minimal as possible and actual sets, costumes and ships were built tells me that J.J. will not let us down. Plus seeing Han & Chewy in the Falcons cockpit again is pretty damn awesome!! B))

Star Wars: A New Hope was my first movie memory, way back in the late 1970s. Anybody else here have that same experience?

I was born in 76, so Empire is my first Star Wars memory!

I was born in 76, so Empire is my first Star Wars memory!

I was born in 73 but I remember Empire Strikes Back a little more vividly, not just the film but the long friggin' lines at the cinema. We had to wait weeks for lines to die down before my parents would take me to see it. Return of the Jedi was worse with lines wrapped around the cinema house, ugh.

Thankfully I never encountered that with the prequels and doubt I will with Ep7.

Edited by TangledThorns

Well, because it DOES feature humans of several recognized modern subsets of homo sapiens. And it's a big galaxy, there's plenty of room for more. It's not like she's saying the Skywalkers should be retconned into an ancient ninja clan.

Watching the Panel now....

None of the bad guys seem particularly menacing or evil to me. The red head seems like a dork.

I don't think the new girl is very attractive either. She has a really protruding forehead going on.....

I feel like this can't be bad... I just hope it isn't fluffy and pulling in too many directions.

Seeing Harrison out there is a big deal. He's been so distant from the series for so long, it's nice to see him back.

I remember watching the first Star Wars on HBO, and I had a copy of it on Beta Max tape that I watched one summer over and over.

I also remember when ROTJ came out in the theater, and actually shopping for toys in TJ Max.

They had giant Isle with just carded figures.

Edited by Gakken85

If Ford and the original actors look happy it is because they and even Ford need another hit.

The movie industry has changed there aren't that many really good movies any more. Big time movie actors who would never appear in commericals or tv shows 10 years ago are now dying to be on HBO or Netflix original. Ford would have refused to do the prequels because back then he was bigger. Now every actor who want to work is jumping on Super Hero movie wagon.

It looks like they are just using a slightly modified (intakes,thrusters, and canopy) older release for Poe's X-wing. The s-foils look like they still open the old way ie laying on top of each other instead of resting level with each other front to back. That's disappointing. :(

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I hope so....though I'm looking at the lower wing. It appears to be awfully wide and also the blaster mounts don't appear to have a way to cohabitate when the wings are closed. Again, I hope I'm wrong but something looks off to me.

Chris