I bet they planned the trailer with the nostalgic line from ROTJ, but found it didn't work in practice. So they had Mark redo the line. I don't expect to hear the line in the film, not do I think there's any significance to the "my father Has it."

Hamill said he kept reading it as "My father had it," which was obviously wrong, forcing them to re-record it several times. Clearly, they want to directly recall that scene from Jedi. That said, I think we're also supposed to get the feeling that he's talking to someone new, not Leia. Double meaning to the use of that quote. I have my own theories, and I know there are spoilers out there that I have avoided like the plague, but I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Clarification on the Hamill lines: What we mainly hear in the teaser trailer is the original voice recording from Jedi, but, as already discussed, re-ordered to fit what they wanted. The reverb you hear on those lines is what Hamill recorded in the last few weeks. They had to re-record it several times because Hamill kept doing it past tense, not present.

Edited by Duke Togo

I've been watching the Star Wars Celebration vids and there's an awesome one of Ian McDiarmid reading a scene from Shakespeare Return of the Jedi....it sent chills up my spine.

Wasn't sure if it was this celebration or the last one where Ian joked that Annikin redeemed himself just in time for episode VII

Edited by peter

There's apparently some kind of "Heavy TIE" in the hangar explosion scene. Note the red painted area at the left.

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Star-Wars-7-Force-Awakens-Teaser-Trailer-2-Tie-Fighter-Betrayal.jpg

The normal TIE can be seen in this shot:

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Star-Wars-7-Force-Awakens-Teaser-Trailer-2-Crashed-Ship.jpg

Some details differ from the original design (aside from the paint job): The engines are on top and bottom of the main body, and the joints at the panel are shaped differently. Does the pilot chasing the falcon also have red pinstripes on his helmet, or is this a reflection?

Wasn't there also a black & red X-Wing in the leaked shots of the rebel base set?

Slightly curious thing to notice, but in that shot of the TIE fighter strafing the hangar (er, assuming its not just a really incompetent pilot or something), the design of the steps to the left - very defined edges, almost like the smooth surfaces of angled Lego bricks,,,

Yeah..are people really complaining or speculating evil Luke because he may be wearing a black cloak in the Trailer? He was literally wearing Black nearly the whole film in Return of the Jedi.

Chris

Yeah..are people really complaining or speculating evil Luke because he may be wearing a black cloak in the Trailer? He was literally wearing Black nearly the whole film in Return of the Jedi.

Chris

Do we even know that the cloak is actually black? Could be brown made darker by the light levels in the shot. I mean, hell, there are still a ton of people out there that think Han's Hoth parka is blue. Edited by Duke Togo

Ummm...too much? Please don't ban me.

You had the gall to say what we were all thinking anyway; I can respect that...

You had the gall to say what we were all thinking anyway; I can respect that...

The gall to say but not the brain to figure it out? I mean... I can tell you right now where her crap comes from... but I'd wait to see if he can do the 5 miles :lol:

Chobot is pushing 40 though... she does look pretty good.

The gall to say but not the brain to figure it out? I mean... I can tell you right now where her crap comes from... but I'd wait to see if he can do the 5 miles :lol:

Chobot is pushing 40 though... she does look pretty good.

467022a94fa3c871b6b0d45ca1445ddf.jpg

Ok, back on topic, this image came out a while ago, way before the teaser:

bz1pcg6cmx0g1mq6rm5a.jpg

74758.jpg

The image of Vader's helmet looks in roughly the same shape as in the teaser, just reversed, no?

Edited by peter

Which begs the question, would any Sith actually worship Vader? On one hand, I kind of get the impression Palpatine never came out and said he was a Sith, wouldn't make sense since most non-force userrs would have zero distinction between what the two were anyway, and it would have undermined his taking out the Jedi in the first place.

That leaves any future darkside force users to place Vader as an iconic super-Sith who single handedly brought down all the Jedi, with no clue of what his final acts were.

Which begs the question, would any Sith actually worship Vader? On one hand, I kind of get the impression Palpatine never came out and said he was a Sith, wouldn't make sense since most non-force userrs would have zero distinction between what the two were anyway, and it would have undermined his taking out the Jedi in the first place.

That leaves any future darkside force users to place Vader as an iconic super-Sith who single handedly brought down all the Jedi, with no clue of what his final acts were.

Which has me still scratching my head about the whole rule of two thing. So, the Sith work in pairs throughout the universe, or is it just one master, one apprentice only?

Say I want to be a Sith, but right now it’s Vader under Palpatine….I have to wait till one of them bites it before I can be a Sith as well? Or do I have to find another Master?

Which has me still scratching my head about the whole rule of two thing. So, the Sith work in pairs throughout the universe, or is it just one master, one apprentice only?

Say I want to be a Sith, but right now it’s Vader under Palpatine….I have to wait till one of them bites it before I can be a Sith as well? Or do I have to find another Master?

Two with in the galaxy. (in theory)

In the Old Republic days, the Sith Empire had grown large. But with so many power hungry Sith lords running around, it began to crumble due to infighting. Eventually the Jedi were able to prevail over the fractured empire, and Darth Bane created the rule of 2, to keep the Sith focused. It preserved the power struggle, but in a microcosm that would hopefully go unnoticed to the Jedi. THus, they could play the long game of plotting revenge (which is best served cold, after all).

Once he feels he's getting strong enough, the Apprentice takes on an apprentice himself, with the goal of overthrowing the master and becoming a new pair of Sith.

Sidious is training Maul when he offs Plaugeus.

Maul "dies," so Sidious takes Dooku (Tyranus) as his apprentice, but has his eye on Anakin to replace him

Tyranus takes on Ventress and later Savage Opress, planning to overthrow Sidious

Maul & Opress try & fail to supplant Sidious & Tyranus as the Sith pair

Sidious eventually has Anakin kill Tyranus, then takes him as an apprentice (Vader)

Vader tries to take Luke as his apprentice, with the goal of killing Sidious

Sidious wanted to replace Vader with Luke (and was not coy about it)

In your example, if you want to be a Sith, you've got to make yourself more valuable to Sidious

Either kill Vader, expose his weaknesses, or just show your greater power.

Edited by Kelsain

Once he feels he's getting strong enough, the Apprentice takes on an apprentice himself, with the ultimate goal of overthrowing the master and becoming a new pair of Sith.

Sidious was training Maul when he offed Plaugeus.

Maul "died," so Sidious took Dooku (Tyranus) as his apprentice, but has his eye on Anakin to replace him

Tyranus takes on Ventress and later Savage Opress, planning to overthrow Sidious

Sidious eventually has Anakin kill Tyranus, then takes him as an apprentice (Vader)

In your example, if you want to be a Sith, you've got to make yourself more valuable to Sidious

It just doesn’t seem like an effective system if you want to attract new members, lol! “My master might kill me one day, and if I ever make it, my apprentice might kill me one day…” Where the hell is the incentive? And with all the in-fighting, how the hell were the Jedi not able to wipe them out while they were fighting amongst themselves???

Bah, nevermind. I’m just going to turn off my brain and enjoy it, haha!

Edited by peter

Ok, back on topic, this image came out a while ago, way before the teaser:

bz1pcg6cmx0g1mq6rm5a.jpg74758.jpgThe image of Vader's helmet looks in roughly the same shape as in the teaser, just reversed, no?

So that's Kylo Ren without his G.I.JOE face mask on?

See, I just pretend I never saw the prequels. Sith is just another name for dark jedi. The emperor was just a butthole that wanted Luke to go evil so he'd have a powerful minion.

It wasn't that he needed to get rid of Vader, it was just a case of turning Luke's efforts at redemption back on themselves, using them as leverage.

Heck, Vader was in on it. He was trying to capture Luke FOR the emperor, and actually made the most effective attempt at corrupting Luke by bringing Leia into it.

Of course, Vader also attempted to recruit Luke to his own side and usurp the emperor's throne for himself, as the dark jedi are wont to do. It's good to be the king, after all.

But when that failed he didn't make himself scarce or try to eliminate the competition.

At best, the "there can only be two" story was spread as misinformation, to keep the jedi in the dark and confused.

Two with in the galaxy. (in theory)

In the Old Republic days, the Sith Empire had grown large. But with so many power hungry Sith lords running around, it began to crumble due to infighting. Eventually the Jedi were able to prevail over the fractured empire, and Darth Bane created the rule of 2, to keep the Sith focused. It preserved the power struggle, but in a microcosm that would hopefully go unnoticed to the Jedi. THus, they could play the long game of plotting revenge (which is best served cold, after all).

Once he feels he's getting strong enough, the Apprentice takes on an apprentice himself, with the goal of overthrowing the master and becoming a new pair of Sith.

Sidious is training Maul when he offs Plaugeus.

Maul "dies," so Sidious takes Dooku (Tyranus) as his apprentice, but has his eye on Anakin to replace him

The Sith Empire during the time of Bane wasn't crumbling, they were actually winning the war against the old republic and the Jedi. Bane came along and essentially goes:

"I'm a power hungry idiot so I'm going to screw the Sith empire so I can make the rule of two to maybe one day some decendant may have a shot at ruling the galaxy. Nevermind the fact if I just aid the Sith now to kill all the jedi I could probly just overthrow the Sith lords and sieze power in my own time."