There is no confusion. A director chooses the scripts that he/she will make into film. And as I've posted many a time about Abrams, his judgement as to what is hommage/nostalgia versus what is repetition/fanservice is precarious and precisely what is the cause for the most concern about this new film.

Exactly. The visual style is already a win. But if this new Star Wars is another exercise in slavish reverence to 80's era Spielberg/Lucas that leaves the film drowning in creatively bankrupt nostalgia, we'll have another Abrams dud on our hands. Another Star Trek Into Darkness third act we do not need for Star Wars.

You've summed this up precisely how I feel about the trailer and JJ.

There is no confusion. A director chooses the scripts that he/she will make into film. And as I've posted many a time about Abrams, his judgement as to what is hommage/nostalgia versus what is repetition/fanservice is precarious and precisely what is the cause for the most concern about this new film.

Well, if you don't have faith in him, have faith in Kasdan.

Anyway, teasers 1 and 2 edited together. Quite a nice job.

Edited by Duke Togo

I can't believe they actually made it work physically in the real world. That's just awesome. B))

Pretty cool. I guess we can say that there is not really a move away from CG in Hollywood recently, they have just come to appreciate that there is still value in real props and modelwork.

Pretty cool. I guess we can say that there is not really a move away from CG in Hollywood recently, they have just come to appreciate that there is still value in real props and modelwork.

Yeah, as far as Hollywood's come in the realm of CGI, you just can't beat having an actual working prop right there. Somehow, you can still tell whether something is CG in certain instances.

For more news here is this Star Wars: Battlefront trailer that I enjoyed more than the Force Awakens trailer. I'm biased because I love Battlefield! I'm actually wearing a Battlefield Friends t-shirt right now, lol.

I've got to completely agree with you on this... Holly Cow!!! :o

BB-8 in action

I'm thinking they used magnets and a series of gyroscopes, akin to how the Segway operates. I figured this was CG; I'm glad to be wrong, and I'm glad that craftmanship and technology like this are still used in the movies. I could see this being used in practical situations...searching for survivors in tight quarters, radiation detection, etc.

Concerning Battlefront, I think there may have been a few gameplay scenes, but yeah, I got the sense it was mostly cutscenes. Looks like a movie instead of a game; hopefully they can replicate that in the gameplay.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Here are some pictures of costumes, props, ect from celebration.http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-Celebration-Anaheim/Star-Wars-Celebration-Anaheim-2015-The-Force-Awakens/default.asp

Lots of pictures of the new X-wing and Falcon at the bottom. It would appear that those are not fan blades in the X-wings intakes after all. Really want a model of this :)

Chris

The rebel alliance is great when the rebels are allied with each other... when they separate into factions it doesn't make sense. So, my guess is, both the rebellion and the empire are now in factions.

Edited by jenius

Star Wars has more in common with Lord Of The Rings than it does with Star Trek (in the sense of what the shows/movies are about and how they approach their stories).

At best, we'd get a pale shadow of Star Trek, and a muddled version of Star Wars. Just have a look at the turd that that "other" great SF monster mash-up turned turned into with AvP2.

Not interested.

The National Report isn’t real.

Unfortunately, a lot of ”real” news outlets get taken in by their stories.

Hamill revealed that his voice-over in the new teaser was recorded specifically for the teaser; it doesn't sound like its a line from the actual film.

It is very close to what he said to Leia in Return of the Jedi. The bit at the end was new, not sure if the rest of it was word for word up till that point and don't care enough to check. Looking forward to seeing this movie and that is enough for me.

It is very close to what he said to Leia in Return of the Jedi. The bit at the end was new, not sure if the rest of it was word for word up till that point and don't care enough to check. Looking forward to seeing this movie and that is enough for me.

Actually, didn't he say the last part to Lea too? I can't remember.

Edited by Dobber

I bet they planned the trailer with the nostalgic line from ROTJ, but found it didn't work in practice. So they had Mark redo the line. I don't expect to hear the line in the film, not do I think there's any significance to the "my father Has it."