It just doesn’t seem like an effective system if you want to attract new members, lol! “My master might kill me one day, and if I ever make it, my apprentice might kill me one day…” Where the hell is the incentive? And with all the in-fighting, how the hell were the Jedi not able to wipe them out while they were fighting amongst themselves???

Bah, nevermind. I’m just going to turn off my brain and enjoy it, haha!

POWER!!!1! UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!11111!!!111!!!!!!!

The Sith Empire during the time of Bane wasn't crumbling, they were actually winning the war against the old republic and the Jedi. Bane came along and essentially goes:

Huh, apparently my info is outdated or just misty in the memory. Was that explored in the OR games? Anyway, the above still applies.

Darth Bane is canon per Clone Wars. Guessing some of what he had going on, rule of two and such, is still canon too since it's quoted by Yoda in Episode I.

Bane was created well after Episode I was out and more or less exists as a giant retcon so what Yoda said would make sense. Too bad the novel was poorly written turd that contradicted previous material and introduced things out of chronological order. That's pretty much a hallmark of the EU under Del Rey books. They claimed a mission statement of a tighter continuity and failed miserably. It also didn't help Lucas Screwed the entire New Jedi Order story arc up because he assumed we were too stupid to tell the difference between Anakin Skywalker and his grandson Anakin Solo.

It also didn't help Lucas Screwed the entire New Jedi Order story arc up because he assumed we were too stupid to tell the difference between Anakin Skywalker and his grandson Anakin Solo.

Wait, seriously?

Man, I got out of Star Wars books just in time, apparently.

Of course, Lucas assuming we're all stupid has gone back to the turn of the century. Remember "Han shot first"? Because we were too stupid to realize that Han's life was in mortal peril unless we saw Greedo take a shot.

Brushing up on Wookieepedia gives us Darth Banes creation by George Lucas and put him into the Episode I novelization. He and Revan were slated for S3 of Clone Wars but it was changed and his canon appearance is the S6 finale. His books are now under Legends.

I'm still on S4 of clone wars, so I haven't seen what they do with Bane on the show. All I do know is that Hamill does his voice.

Speaking of Hamill, I've seen a few ideas that Luke is evil bc he's wearing a black robe in the trailer. Making the safe assumption that is Luke with R2, notice that he has a white sleeve. Much like his black tunic with white lining in ROTJ. This could be coincidence, or a reference to Ep6 - where he might go bad, or be indicative of balance. I'm sure there are spoilers out there that address this, but I don't want them.

Even if it is black....so what. Like I said earlier he was wearing black in Return of the Jedi....including a black cloak when he goes to Jabba's palace. It means nothing.

We don't even really know the cloak is black. It could just be the lighting. As I said before, there are people to this day who swear Han's Hoth parka is blue (it's not; it's brown).

It's amazing how a little action figure can change people's memories isn't it? I would've sworn it was blue until a couple of years ago too.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Wait, seriously?

Man, I got out of Star Wars books just in time, apparently.

Of course, Lucas assuming we're all stupid has gone back to the turn of the century. Remember "Han shot first"? Because we were too stupid to realize that Han's life was in mortal peril unless we saw Greedo take a shot.

Lucas screwing up goes back further than that. Remember the two made for tv live action Ewok movies? The first one is a heart warming tale of a brother and sister stranded on Endor who end up reuniting with their parents with the aid of the Ewoks. The second one saw the entire family brutually killed by marauders except for the girl five minutes in. Why? Because one of Lucas' kids was obsessed with Heidi at the time so he forced an extensive rewrite introducing the young girl grandpa dynamic onto the film.

EDIT: Seriously imagine watching as a little kid after the first one! This is some emotionally scarring s***!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3OpUuCH8sc

Edited by renegadeleader1

Lucas screwing up goes back further than that. Remember the two made for tv live action Ewok movies? The first one is a heart warming tale of a brother and sister stranded on Endor who end up reuniting with their parents with the aid of the Ewoks. The second one saw the entire family brutually killed by marauders except for the girl five minutes in. Why? Because one of Lucas' kids was obsessed with Heidi at the time so he forced an extensive rewrite introducing the young girl grandpa dynamic onto the film.

EDIT: Seriously imagine watching as a little kid after the first one! This is some emotionally scarring s***!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3OpUuCH8sc

Just gave me flashbacks:

We had just moved from the West side of Chicago to the 'burbs on the day Battle for Endor was broadcast. I was 8. I remember my brother and I frantically trying to help Dad get the TV and VCR unpacked and hooked up on the floor, screwing in the RF adapter and messing with the antennae. Finding a Betamax tape to put it on. Once everything was finally set, we discovered that we had the wrong time, and had missed the first hour of it! Damn you, "8/7 Central & Mountain!" I was devastated. Pretty sure I cried.

To this day, I'm not sure I've ever seen the whole movie...

Oh I know Carrier was a looker back in the day, just saying that those pictures...at least the first 2.....it just doesn't look like her (as she looked back then) to me.

Chris

Oh I know Carrier was a looker back in the day, just saying that those pictures...at least the first 2.....it just doesn't look like her (as she looked back then) to me.

Chris

The 2nd one really doesn't look like her.

Is it wrong that I just ordered the slave leia cardboard standup.

Who am I kidding. Of course it's not.

Edit: and mark hamill does look like Peter dinklage. I saw that as a comment on the photo album site and thought it was hilarious.

Edited by ErikElvis