I'm pretty sure Thor is getting a proper sequel, though Kenneth Branagh won't be coming back as director (apparently an amicable and mutual decision). And I know they were already talking about how any Captain America sequel could still have WWII flashbacks, so as long as this movie does well a sequel should be coming.

And I know they were already talking about how any Captain America sequel could still have WWII flashbacks, so as long as this movie does well a sequel should be coming.

This is great news, hopefully that means more Peggy :D

And man I'm really excited for Avengers. It wasn't until watching Thor that I actually let myself consider how cool it would be to have all the heroes together. now after watching Cap I don't know if I can wait a year (well, 10 months). I may need to go in stasis for a while or something.

This is great news, hopefully that means more Peggy :D

And man I'm really excited for Avengers. It wasn't until watching Thor that I actually let myself consider how cool it would be to have all the heroes together. now after watching Cap I don't know if I can wait a year (well, 10 months). I may need to go in stasis for a while or something.

Be mindful of the dangers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

oh my god, i just saw Captain America, and wow, it was like one of the best of the Marvels, cant wait to see him face tony stark ;).

I think in order, here are my favorate

1) Captain America

2) Hulk

3) Iron Man

4) Thor

Cant wait for this movie, so exited about it!!!!

I have faith that Whedon will be able to pull this off, most of his work has included ensemble casts and he's done well with them. Sure there are big name actors (most of whom are relatively new on the scene) in this particular cast, but not a log of big name egos.

-b.

Loved Iron Man & Iron Man 2 when they came out but they're not aging well for me. He was basically invulnerable. I can only hope for a special edition where the tank shot is a proximity high explosive and that he gets at least a minor injury from some of Hammer's bots.

Loved Iron Man & Iron Man 2 when they came out but they're not aging well for me. He was basically invulnerable. I can only hope for a special edition where the tank shot is a proximity high explosive and that he gets at least a minor injury from some of Hammer's bots.

Disagree. In Iron Man he took some pretty major damage from the Iron Monger. In Iron Man 2 I think they set the whole movie up to show that Hammer and what he was doing with his own suits and later modified drones could not hold a candle to the technology Stark developed for the Iron Man suits. He took a lot of damage from Whiplash in the final battle and his suit effectively shut down in the scene on the roof w/Pepper.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the respective Avenger characters get their asses handed to them in one way or another to solidify the need for them to be on a team.

-b.

The scene right after his first outing as Iron Man, he can't even get the suit off because of how mangled it is and Pepper even asks if those are bullet holes.

Thats the problem with the type of armour he has these days. It's so bodytight it barely looks protective at all. It makes him look more like a robot than a man in a suit. Guess I would prefer a more old fashioned and chunkier suit.

Here's to hoping that the Avengers DO get their asses handed to them; the movie'd be really dull if they just ran around in their cute little outfits, made snide remarks and didn't have any serious opposition. Maybe a cliffhangar with the lives of some of the members hanging in the balance would do.

Whatever they do, they need to find a way to get Black Widow into less clothing....

Edited by myk