Here's to hoping that the Avengers DO get their asses handed to them; the movie'd be really dull if they just ran around in their cute little outfits, made snide remarks and didn't have any serious opposition. Maybe a cliffhangar with the lives of some of the members hanging in the balance would do.

You folks have seen the on-set photos and videos, right?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168528-new-photo-scarlett-johansson-on-the-avengers-set

Or even the display at NYCC a couple of weekends ago: http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/comic-con/new-york-comic-con

Whatever they do, they need to find a way to get Black Widow into less clothing....

And you immediately remind me of a quote from David Fincher regarding why Scarlett Johansson was rejected for the part in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Thats the problem with the type of armour he has these days. It's so bodytight it barely looks protective at all. It makes him look more like a robot than a man in a suit. Guess I would prefer a more old fashioned and chunkier suit.

Actually, the films do take that into account. If you watch the race battle in IM2, he busts out the Mark IV suitcase armour and during the battle you can see the thin armour on his left arm got shredded by Vanko's whiplashes. His blue racing suit is visible in the gashes and his bare hand can be seen poking out of the gauntlet.

Actually, the films do take that into account. If you watch the race battle in IM2, he busts out the Mark IV suitcase armour and during the battle you can see the thin armour on his left arm got shredded by Vanko's whiplashes. His blue racing suit is visible in the gashes and his bare hand can be seen poking out of the gauntlet.

I think we're talking about 2 different suits in 2 different mediums here. taksraven is talking about the current comics armor:

Iron_Man_bleeding_edge.jpg

That's a shame. Seeing Scarlett tied to a....well, nevermind...

So I take it you don't know about "those" pictures.... <_<

Here's to hoping that the Avengers DO get their asses handed to them; the movie'd be really dull if they just ran around in their cute little outfits, made snide remarks and didn't have any serious opposition.

Well it's Joss Whedon so I would say that them getting their asses handed to them at some point is a pretty safe bet.

So I take it you don't know about "those" pictures.... <_<

Lol, I was assuming it was NSFW so I didn't bother looking it up. Will do so now...

You guys are late to the party on that one. For added fun Thor and Two Broke Girls star Kat Dennings also has NSFW stuff.

Now THAT'S something I need to see, NSFW or not. I can always find another job!!!

Have they announced a running time for this yet?

I'm going back to someone's comment about whether or not Whedon is up to the task of directing all of these personalities and/or being able to put together a good ensemble movie with basically a group of "alphas". One way this can be accomplished is with a decent running time to allow for the story and characters to gel.

-b.

Have they announced a running time for this yet?

I'm going back to someone's comment about whether or not Whedon is up to the task of directing all of these personalities and/or being able to put together a good ensemble movie with basically a group of "alphas". One way this can be accomplished is with a decent running time to allow for the story and characters to gel.

-b.

I'm not in "the biz", so can someone explain to me how "a decent running time to allow for the story and characters to gel" has anything to do with the actors acting like pampered, entitled, douchebags?

I'd just like to see Nick Fury try to recruit Wolverine and Spiderman in this movie.

So would Disney, It would mean all the licenses were back in their hands instead of 20th Century Fox and Sony. ;)

20th Century fox owns the movie rights to X-Men, Fantastic Four and Dare Devil. Sony pictures owns the rights to Spider man (which produces and distributes them through Columbia pictures.)

Fun fact, Sony pictures also owns the rights to Ghost rider and the rights to Punisher are owned by Lions Gate Entertainment.

Some of the licensing issues are what caused Sony to hurry up and crank out another Spider-Man movie and for Lions Gate to crank out another Ghost Rider. Something along the lines of the rights reverting back to Disney (which purchased Marvel - this year or last).

But yeah the implications are pretty cool with all of the characters available in the Marvel U if Avengers turns out well from a fan/enjoyment and studio/profit perspective.

-b.

My only concern is Disney being at the helm.

I've often heard, right or wrong, that a lot of the reason there was never a team movie before was the business people at the studio thinking "why give audiences multiple characters in one pic when we can make them pay for a ticket for each?" This heresay was always especially attributed to Warner, which has owned DC for ages.

Having an Avengers movie is a bit like having your cake and eating it too... we have paid for a ticket for each already - two for Tony... but then there's a team payoff that was hinted at as far back as the end of the first Iron Man movie. It always felt to me like the thinking of comic makers rather than movie producers, which is why it was cool that Marvel was driving the films.

Now with Disney in charge, I sort of fear we'll never see another Avengers-style film again. Already rumours of Avengers 2 hint at it being a bunch of second-tier characters rather than the big guns, i.e. characters who couldn't support a film of their own.

Even though there have been murmurs about Warners doing a "me-too" Justice League in the wake of the Avengers, I can't help but think something as big as Avengers will be a one-shot.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic and/or (mis)informed for my own good. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't it always look that way? It did to me. Nevertheless, 'tis my favorite Marvel movie franchise to date...

Edited by myk