Its not an entirely new problem. One of the reasons one of the Rebel pilots on the original Death Star run has a slightly sleepy expression is because he was constantly looking down at the sheet of paper his lines were written on... 🙂

I have to say, I've been really enjoying the later episodes of this. Its just a bit of a shame is that its hard to recommend to people who aren't already somewhat invested in the lore, but I guess that comes with the territory somewhat in this case.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

What interesting about Baylon is he’s shrouded in mystery. You could do a mini series on him post Jedi fall. But I’d like to keep Ray (in a perfect world) if possible with a slight de-aging/darker hair. You wouldn’t have to give away much in a short series since he is so shrouded in mystery to feel you’re starting to understand him.  Ugh. I’m still bummed. 

On 9/30/2023 at 8:56 PM, Bolt said:

we all know that the New Republic didn't take the Imperial remnant seriously enough to prevent the First Order from rising. 

That is a real problem in this particular time period  anyone that fought the Empire would almost certainly jump on any rumor of a remnant and squash it.  Perhaps overplaying the response and causing more of the remnants to spring up from heavy-handed responses.  Instead we get an apathetic council at best.  Another route they could have gone, which was only hinted at in a different show, was that the New Republic was stretched too thin and this was just an operation that would have used resources needed elsewhere.

On 9/22/2023 at 1:34 AM, Mog said:

Dude's already not acting like a stupid villain, assuming that Ahsoka is coming his way and asking for anything and everything about her.

He's studying up on his enemy and getting a plan in place.

It's most telling when it is explained to Thrawn who was Ahsoka's master was: He stopped right when the name, Anakin Skywalker, is mentioned. Clear as a bell, he placed Ahsoka as class-1 MUST DIE BY NUCLEAR FIRE and Pins/Needles/Glass on the floor (and ceiling) in his mind. How much did Thrawn know about Ahsoka in Rebels?

Diana.  Lee.  Inosanto.  :yahoo: 

Spoiler

I was waiting for that ass-kicking fight.

I wonder who they recast Baylan with.  Because his story is clearly not over.

Ezra escaping is kinda his thing, so it don’t bug me as much.  The reunion with Hera and Chop’ is kinda more important than the how.

. . . Though I secretly hope Chop’ gives him a little shock just for old time’s sake.

More comments later.

3 minutes ago, Mog said:

Diana.  Lee.  Inosanto.  :yahoo: 

Reveal hidden contents

I was waiting for that ass-kicking fight.

I wonder who they recast Baylan with.  Because his story is clearly not over.

Ezra escaping is kinda his thing, so it don’t bug me as much.  The reunion with Hera and Chop’ is kinda more important than the how.

. . . Though I secretly hope Chop’ gives him a little shock just for old time’s sake.

More comments later.

I agree.  How do you spoiler tag?

If you’re on a phone, just type your comments, highlight what you want to hide, and then press the eyeball icon up above.

It should add a spoiler box to your comment.

Spoiler

Like this.

Season two should be about

Spoiler

...Ezra using the space whales to rescue Sabine from another galaxy

I was a bit disappointed by the season finale.

Spoiler

There was no closure, specially with both mercenary jedis. Baylan was such an interesting character but got completely sidelined at the end

I wouldn’t be surprised

Spoiler

if a chunk of Season 2 was planned to take place on Peridea.

What’s crazy is that the Morai showed up at the end there.  So, who knows what Force happenings are planned to happen next.

Also, deep down, we all knew Thrawn was coming back.

EDIT:  And until proven otherwise, I’m head-canoning that Bridger-Wren was consummate between Episodes 6 and 7. :spiteful::p

Edited by Mog

A good ending with enough loose ends to seal the deal on Season 2.

Spoiler

The Lion , The Witch and The Wardrobe- I mean the Jedi , The Witch and the Warlord. 
Had a very LOTR ending.

Edited by Bolt

3 hours ago, Duke Togo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I would like to know that myself.

Spoiler

Once he gets away he can jump out and broadcast old Rebel/Phoenix Squad IDs. But to have a shuttle make an unscheduled departure without being fired on by the Chimera is, as the kids would say, kinda sus.

As a season finale, it was ok, but unsatisfactory. The big question is what they planned on doing with Baylan's plot. Without recasting that role, that's going to be a hanging thread.
As for the ending...

Spoiler

I guess they'll be waiting for a pod of purrgil or something to pass their way through this system to make their way back. But seeing that it could be a while before a pod or something comes around. Guess we'll find out in 1-2 years.

In my opinion Baylan, Shin and Anakin were the only good things about the show.

Overall I'd give it a 3.5/10.

I found live-action Sabine and Hera pretty insufferable. And sorry, as a big fan of Clone Wars and Rebels, I just don't think Rosario Dawson does a good job of portraying Ahsoka.

For my Ahsoka and Sabine fix, I'll stick to Clone Wars & Rebels.

It's such a pity Ray Stevenson passed away. I would have loved to see more of him as Baylan.

Hera wasn’t the best character. Anakin was great, Baylon was great, thrawn and shin were good.  Didn’t mind Sabine.  Ahsoka ok. 

Spoiler

Im just gonna leave it that there was probably a lot of commotion on the ship making it home. Ezra just started her up, popped out the ship and jumped. I mean Han, Obi, Luke etc… smuggled themselves onto a Death Star, rescued the princess, and escaped!! Sure Sabine messed up and Thrawns back. But they’re not Jedi. They’re “people”. I’m sure they were happy to find and get Ezra home and know he will try to get back to them. Deep down sabines #1 priority was to find Ezra. Not necessarily stop Thrawn. Really really sucks ray stevensons gone. Even if recast I’m not sure it will be the same. Wanted to follow that arc. They set up at least 3 good paths to follow in the series. I’m a harsh critic of Disney Star Wars but I did like this series. Can’t wait for season 2.

I know, I'm behind the power curve, I haven't seen this series yet!  I've been busy.

But it looks like it's as exciting as the trailers make it to be (then again, don't they all?).

I saw Obi-Wan and all Mando episodes; Obi-wan was okay, but didn't have the wow factor, and Mando S3; while I liked it, something seemed to be missing.

That's probably why I have procrastinated on Ahsoka.

I look forward to this!

Really liked the finale but it's clearly bait for a season 2, which is fine, but still, it wasn't a very good, satisfying self-contained ending. If we were only getting one season it would've been downright disappointing, but alas, we are clearly getting a second season. 

I do predict that the Filoni movie if made well and has most of the main characters of his streaming series (namlely Dinn, Grogu, Ahsoka, and Boba Fett) that it will be the most successful STAR WARS movie of all time. I base my prediction on my young children that don't know much about STAR WARS but LOOOOOVE "Baby Yoda".

Another prediction is that Disney will milk this into multiple films. 

Edited by TangledThorns

Finally binged this the other day and I liked it. Solid 8/10 for me. It was a little slow to start, but for audiences like moi who did not watch Rebels, introducing the characters is important. There were a few things that went over my head, but I pick up pretty quick, and I'll be certain to watch t before rewatching then and then season 2.

I only have a few complaints...

Spoiler

Such as being on another map-hunt. Very 'shades of TFA,' which I hope they stop doing. 

Hera not telling the Council immediately about the stolen SSD hyperdrive. Lends credence to the suspicion that the enemy is planning something big and you should pay attention. But then, that would have had the Republic fleet in place to stop the Eye of Scion. End of story.

I also needed more dialogue from Shin. I think she could be a great character but comes off as two dimensional, except for one last scene between her and Baylan. Though I think that final scene when Ahsoka holds out a hand and you see on Shin's face how troubled she was, even frightened, was pretty good too. True to form though, she falls back on what she knows and goes to the raiders. 

All minor complaints though.

Pretty much loved everything else! Fun and adventurous, with great characters. I could see the comparison between Ahsoka's arc and Gandolf's. And she was definitely smiling more at the end, even despite being stranded in another galaxy. Really liked Sabine and it was great seeing a Mandalorian easily switching between blasters and a lightsaber. And using the Force! Talk about a dichotomy! Also, Death Troopers who really are - dead!! Thrawn was also really good. Guy was taking no chances, esp after hearing who Ahsoka's master was. Loved how he called her Ronin at the end. (and sure, the guy's a little pudgie 'round the middle now, but that's after a few years cruising around a rabble planet in a broken star destroyer.)

And, of course, he had to get back. I'm not a fan of cliff-hanger endings, but I felt this was good, And as was pointed out above, very LoTR. They failed in the end, but the threads are there to build on for season 2 and the characters were hopeful.

As for Baylan in season 2, I don't think it's going to happen. With the actor's death and how well he played it, I think leaving him to explore Peridea may be a good place top leave him. Recasting may be too much of a risk.

Can't wait - hope - they get a season 2!!

On 10/3/2023 at 7:35 PM, TehPW said:

It's most telling when it is explained to Thrawn who was Ahsoka's master was: He stopped right when the name, Anakin Skywalker, is mentioned. Clear as a bell, he placed Ahsoka as class-1 MUST DIE BY NUCLEAR FIRE and Pins/Needles/Glass on the floor (and ceiling) in his mind. How much did Thrawn know about Ahsoka in Rebels?

IIRC the post-Disney books are canon.  Going by that, I can't say how much Thrawn knew about Ahsoka personally, but he'd encountered Anakin when a mission for the Chiss Ascendency happened to take him to a planet where Anakin was on a rescue mission.  Later, after Thrawn joined the Empire, he and Vader did a mission together and Thrawn recognized Vader as Anakin.  I'd imagine, then, that knew Anakin/Vader well enough to be concerned about a Padawan he trained.

Anyway, I finished Ahsoka last night.  Doesn't seem like the popular opinion, but I enjoyed it fine and I'm curious to see where a second season might go.  I mostly found it interesting as a direct sequel to Rebels; ironically, I thought that Ahsoka was the least interesting part of the show.

Spoiler

Hey, those statues at the end?  Was that the Father and the Son, from Mortis?

26 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Hide contents

Hey, those statues at the end?  Was that the Father and the Son, from Mortis?

Yup, those were them at the end.  

Spoiler

Strangely, the Daughter’s head is missing from that statue.

BUT the Morai (that’s kinda the Daughter’s stand in and hangs around Ahsoka) appeared in one of the last scenes too.