WWM Max variant of the Hi-Metal R VF-0S Phoenix

Anasazi37

30 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

This just showed up on the Tamashii Nations site:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14337/?wovn=en

For a second I thought it was the VF-0D, and got excited, then realized it was a non-canon VF-0S variant to celebrate World Wide Macross (WWM). Why does Bandai keep doing this???

item_0000014337_Eo9tANhl_01.jpg

:shok:

Bandai gone Joons on their WWM World Tour!

:unknw:

:bump:

155joonsmax.jpg

Edited by treatment

Hold on...just hold on
Max was 95 or something in the last Frontier whatever WWM release right? 

Now he is in preschool for this release? Someone please work out the timeline.
Or is it Max's Father's VF-0D...
Or as stated above, Max is a vintage collector (we saw he had his own Cobra from the M3 game painted blue) and does valks as well

soooooo weird these releases! LOL
image.png.eb9fa9669707e5bc0f119e75348cb6d4.png

5 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Hold on...just hold on
Max was 95 or something in the last Frontier whatever WWM release right? 

Now he is in preschool for this release? Someone please work out the timeline.
Or is it Max's Father's VF-0D...
Or as stated above, Max is a vintage collector (we saw he had his own Cobra from the M3 game painted blue) and does valks as well

soooooo weird these releases! LOL
image.png.eb9fa9669707e5bc0f119e75348cb6d4.png

I like the idea that "retired" Max collects Valkyries, like his own CAF.  And, of course, he paints them all blue.

I kind of.. don't mind it?  But it reminds me a lot of the Messer-painted VF-1S release.  Interesting scheme that absolutely does not fit the lines of the VF-0.  Painting decorations that mimic natural panel line divisions on the VF-1 is.. weird.  I would have just left the whole nose white instead of adding the dumb imitation VF-1 stripe, because it just looks silly having the hips above the nosecone, when the natural dividing line is in a more aesthetically pleasing spot anyhow.

50 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I like the idea that "retired" Max collects Valkyries, like his own CAF.  And, of course, he paints them all blue.

Retcon it all you like, this is a toy meant to scratch a Max VF-1 itch they can't otherwise here in the USA. As a toy, forget everything else, I like it for a VF-0 variant. I'd even prefer green.

This really came out of the (Genius) blue! Not really feeling this, but I'll likely get one.

Bandai just naming it 'Genius blue' is a stroke of genius by avoiding naming it 'Max' for WWM release lol. I wish Bandai adopts nice military schemes for non-canon schemes, like what Yamato did for their 1/48, instead of shoehorning other characters' colors in.

So correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like this will be on sale at the event, on the day they are there. So April 28th in NYC USA for $140. I hope that this doesn’t remain exclusive to the event only. Hopefully more details will follow.

Twich

1 minute ago, twich said:

So correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like this will be on sale at the event, on the day they are there. So April 28th in NYC USA for $140. I hope that this doesn’t remain exclusive to the event only. Hopefully more details will follow.

Twich

Just the link I posted (that I've seen for POs so far). I'll be there in person to (likely) buy one though.

5 minutes ago, Bolt said:

As this a WWM release, I expect it to be widely available. I doubt it will be exclusive just to that event. That would be losing too much potential revenue.

I agree! Especially since they went to all the trouble of branding the tamashii stage act 5 with the worldwide Macross branding.

Twich