WWM Max variant of the Hi-Metal R VF-0S Phoenix

Anasazi37

• 2 weeks later...
If I'm living on the street next month, today was why.

Got the Max, and they taunted me with the SHMA MKG and '02 Godzilla...successfully. Ugh. I feel like having to flip one due to circumstances, but probably not. They're just too pretty.

You get a free stand for every $100 you spend too. Also a free lanyard if you do a survey, and a free reusable bag.

Midtown Comics and Kinokuniya both have some extra swag if you buy Tamashii stuff today too.

So will Bandai really only sell this at the pop-up shops?  Or is this just being temporarily sold at these events and then will be sold online or via retailers afterwards?

If it truly will only be available at the events, what is the strategy to getting one?

Buy one as soon as you see them on eBay...or wait until the final stop of the current Tamashii "world" tour?

I figure by then the secondary market price will stabilize as most that couldn't wait to get their hands on one would have paid top dollar up until the last event/availability for purchase....

I figure the cost before the "finder's fee" and including shipping from NY to the CONUS is about $120-125....and about $135-145 if you had this shipped from a Japanese online retailer/proxy....

Personally, I'd say between $150-170 shipped from US is fair for it...thoughts?

Oh and before I forget...F U Bandai! 

Way to keep the WWM "good vibes" going by artifically creating demand for your Macross products and crapping on one of the good reasons for introducing WWM....you know...to get stuff easily straight from non-Japanese retailers? :good:

On 4/28/2023 at 7:40 PM, jvmacross said:

So will Bandai really only sell this at the pop-up shops?  Or is this just being temporarily sold at these events and then will be sold online or via retailers afterwards?

If it truly will only be available at the events, what is the strategy to getting one?

Buy one as soon as you see them on eBay...or wait until the final stop of the current Tamashii "world" tour?

I figure by then the secondary market price will stabilize as most that couldn't wait to get their hands on one would have paid top dollar up until the last event/availability for purchase....

I figure the cost before the "finder's fee" and including shipping from NY to the CONUS is about $120-125....and about $135-145 if you had this shipped from a Japanese online retailer/proxy....

Personally, I'd say between $150-170 shipped from US is fair for it...thoughts?

Oh and before I forget...F U Bandai! 

Way to keep the WWM "good vibes" going by artifically creating demand for your Macross products and crapping on one of the good reasons for introducing WWM....you know...to get stuff easily straight from non-Japanese retailers? :good:

The MSRP for the HRM VF-0S Max is $140 USD and in New York state there is almost 9% sales tax (8.8875) which will put the base cost about $152.50 before service cost (scheduling/windowing, limits, standing in line, transportation fare, etc.) and shipping. The whole weekend at NYC with the exception of early Friday has been raining steadily and heavy at times.

40 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

The MSRP for the HRM VF-0S Max is $140 USD and in New York state there is almost 9% sales tax (8.8875) which will put the base cost about $152.50 

Even with a 10% tax...the MSRP would be at most 113 USD at current exchange rates...was hoping that Bandai would not have imposed the "import" tax on merch for sale at their own show....so yeah...F U Bandai!  Thankfully this wasn't some ultra-exclusive SDFM/DYRL item...

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14337/

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/240298?o=1

HMR VF-0S Genius Blue.  Also posted in the PO thread.

Holy smokes. That is 50 USD over the retail price of the Focker VF 0S. For me that would be more expensive than bringing it directly from Japan via EMS and shipping it alone. That is 

17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

We all knew Macross was going to cost more domestically, right?

Guess that depends if you had a fool's hope that the HG-BW deal would actually have any impact on global  distribution and pricing of Macross merch...

The fact that select Macross merch is freely being sold outside Japan....months after it's actual Japanese release date....means they are coming here via the slowest boats from China....so how does that tack on an extra 50usd per item?  Who here is selecting boat shipping for their Japan retailer purchases and paying 50usd per item?

Edited by jvmacross

I agree it doesn't make sense. And i have no idea how it really works. Or what, if any , deal hg and Big West have made that would relieve the burden of cost. But at the same time, I never expected our Deculture to get cheaper. And I'm not surprised there's a hefty mark up happening. Just disappointed.

The BBTS price is rough, but expected. They markup enough to cover their costs for getting these items from overseas, plus profit for them on their end. It's never the best or smartest deal, but if people are desperate and/or miss out from other shops they've got you covered, for a price...