Arcadia VF-5000G

daBlah!

1 hour ago, betocc said:

to me, this one picture, the nose of the VF-5000 reminds me greatly of the VF-0D Shin Custom from Macross Zero.  I know that they were both designed by Kawamori, but how many years apart was this?  The VF-5000 is from the late 80's, early 90's.....the VF-0 from early 2000's....pretty interesting!

Twich

12 hours ago, twich said:

to me, this one picture, the nose of the VF-5000 reminds me greatly of the VF-0D Shin Custom from Macross Zero.  I know that they were both designed by Kawamori, but how many years apart was this?  The VF-5000 is from the late 80's, early 90's.....the VF-0 from early 2000's....pretty interesting!

Twich

Never seen any of Kawamori's sketchbooks?  He writes down ideas thirty years ago and keeps trying to work them back in again and again as other design elements change.  The VF-25 Super Parts were originally from the late 80's for instance.

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

Never seen any of Kawamori's sketchbooks?  He writes down ideas thirty years ago and keeps trying to work them back in again and again as other design elements change.  The VF-25 Super Parts were originally from the late 80's for instance.

Unfortunately, I have not owned a Macross Design Work Book since early 2000’s, so I am out of the loop.

Twich

14 minutes ago, twich said:

Unfortunately, I have not owned a Macross Design Work Book since early 2000’s, so I am out of the loop.

Twich

I'm not sure if this is what Mommar is referring to, but you can see the design evolution (in the link below) in the FAST packs Kawamori-san developed for the VF-4.

http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/VF-4/VF-4.php#OPTIONAL_SYSTEMS

43 minutes ago, sketchley said:

I'm not sure if this is what Mommar is referring to, but you can see the design evolution (in the link below) in the FAST packs Kawamori-san developed for the VF-4.

http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/VF-4/VF-4.php#OPTIONAL_SYSTEMS

Thank You, I can see the resemblance, though certainly more organic looking then the VF-25 Super Pack Boosters

Twich

10 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

You know I'm coming around in the deco.  Doesn't look half bad to me now at all. looks kinda good.  So... 2024...wallet can breathe.  Hopefully this thing won't be too too expensive.  I know it's smallish like the vf-1...so hopefully that helps.

I can't see it being less than $250 honestly.

Cost has been one of the biggest things that put me off Arcadia products in the past few years.  I don't see this coming in at less than $300 (before shipping) unless the JPY to USD is really favorable for USD.

I like the look of it, and it's a pretty unique valk, but I just can't see paying what I think Arcadia will be asking for it.  I'd love to be wrong, though.

1 hour ago, Guyffon said:

Hi may I know the difference between the VF-5000B and VF-5000G?

The biggest difference is around the engine nozzles (or ankles) - the VF-5000G has the same thruster "cuffs" as the VF-19 Kai that Basara Nekki uses (the big yellow and white things in the pictures above).  The VF-5000B is more traditionally shaped.  Otherwise, they're basically the same, aside from the different paint job.

Just catching up with the latest pictures and this to me doesn't seem like great engineering.

For something that will probably be around 250€ in price I would expect better range for leg/hip articulation and not having to worry about denting or scraping bits on the toy.

vf-5000.jpg.98d0f8631eecc5ca4febb042c2ffb312.jpg

49 minutes ago, lechuck said:

Just catching up with the latest pictures and this to me doesn't seem like great engineering.

For something that will probably be around 250€ in price I would expect better range for leg/hip articulation and not having to worry about denting or scraping bits on the toy.

Agreed. But if that's how they want to be faithful with the design plus its transformation engineering, the only safe way to do it is to leave the hip/intake in vertical pose and just use the hinge joint below it to fold or bend the leg. Like how it was on the VF-1. You really can't rotate the hip/intakes coz it will hit the Battroid's wings. Same method applies here I think.

Just now, lechuck said:

Look pretty much like the system used in the Yamato VF-19s. The swing bar catches the leg on the back side (upper part) of the intake and has a rotation point also.

Well, I guess Arcadia (should I say T-REX?) tried to figure out a way to get the wings to touch each other when folded in battroid mode and this is the solution they came up with. I'm OK with that as long as they can improve somewhat over what they've done with the YF-19.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

As I'm not a Twitter user, I don't get all the great updates when they come out often, but this has been, IMO, pretty silent. Is there anything or any news on design or production?

Yup. After that last WonderFest, it's been quiet. Mr. K also hasn't been posted recently anything related to VF-5000G.

• 2 months later...

As it's Friday and happened to have some time at work while on lunch, I decided to check out this thread...... man, I'm hoping this isn't dead. I'll be going to Wonderfest again in February, so hopefully there's at least something since it's supposedly coming out in 2024.

It's not only quiet on the VF-5000 front, but they've also gone a bit silent on the other major release the Hargun that they've been previewing for a long time. Maybe all these re-issues they are doing now is really needed to amass more funds to take the new releases to the next level.