ThreeZero ROBOTECH (Macross) Toys

kyekye

23 hours ago, JB0 said:

I've said my piece before, but the reason everything looks off is that their 1J head is just fundamentally the wrong shape. It goes up from the visor and curves back, when it should have a flat slope going back from the visor instead.

I see what you mean (after looking at a few other things); I still think maybe the visor is the wrong size too. But that head is definitely off.

39 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

I see what you mean (after looking at a few other things); I still think maybe the visor is the wrong size too. But that head is definitely off.

The 1J is like the Patlabor 1 head. One line or shape slightly off, and the whole thing is off. And here there's quite a few. 

The way everyone is talking here these are going to be the modern versions of the Toynami Masterpieces or the 1992 Bandai VF-1? all the proportions are off/nothing looks correct? nothing compatible with anything else that's been made? not even an official scale? ....to me they look great, but, these are not transformers were the visual standards are very different when it comes to Macross exact series detail is the very most important thing. ThreeZero is a great transformers Brand, I'm just uncertain they could be a great Macross/Robotech Brand outside of the initial releases for the long term.

I can handle everything in the design so far EXCEPT the nose-cone radar enclosure-its the first thing I notice on every set of new pics.
I certainly hope they consider a better way to secure the nose closed, or just ditch the gimmick altogether (assume its for the gbp option in the future)
Handling the VF-1J DX V1 was annoying, but this looks like it could be another round of that.
(for the 2nd+ DX they added a small tab to make it more secure)

image.png.79d5bec220741aa103bda15db9c709c1.png

On 9/30/2023 at 11:55 PM, Shawn said:

I can handle everything in the design so far EXCEPT the nose-cone radar enclosure-its the first thing I notice on every set of new pics.
I certainly hope they consider a better way to secure the nose closed, or just ditch the gimmick altogether (assume its for the gbp option in the future)
Handling the VF-1J DX V1 was annoying, but this looks like it could be another round of that.
(for the 2nd+ DX they added a small tab to make it more secure)

image.png.79d5bec220741aa103bda15db9c709c1.png

I think 3zero will use a magnet here...

It's the sunken cheeks sculpting that creates the very pronounced front-chin section. For comparison Bandai's DX take on the VF-1S head (pic borrowed from @sh9000).

vf-1sroy.JPG.f35d58cfd0b5fe8e589063039c41522a.JPG

22 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Then they shouldn't have included side covers, specially with that awful panel lining

I'm more disappointed that it is yet another VF-1 toy with add-on side cover bits, instead of trying to be innovative with an integral solution.

Would be a good thing Imo if someone comes out with a custom 1/55 style head for these.  to me it looks more akin to a VF-2SS face profile, that's perfect because Imo its the best looking Valkyrie ever made:).

d5gq1dh-0c997045-2902-45b1-8902-a39231a6c126.jpg

Edited by Spark-O-Matic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not broken from the look of it. It's blue tac, the peg that holds the arms against the back looks to not have sufficient friction to do it's job. Probably just a prototype fit issue, you can see the peg and slot. It's possible the peg is supposed to be longer but broke.

Edited by jenius

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

Not broken from the look of it. It's blue tac, the peg that holds the arms against the back looks to not have sufficient friction to do it's job. Probably just a prototype fit issue, you can see the peg and slot. It's possible the peg is supposed to be longer but broke.

Yep! This Robo-dou valk is leaking blue tac from its foot. 😱

image.png.f9056888f5b6419793a587ba9966dcec.png

1 hour ago, jenius said:

(insert incoherent screaming about stupidly ineffective locking mechanisms here)

Unless Arcadia sent a warning to Bandai, if you're going to borrow from previous designs, why no one has used the system Yamato came up with for the arms has puzzled me, I mean it works, the arms on my Yamato & Arcadia VF-1's are still rock solid with or without the Fast Packs on. 

Clearly ThreeZero is borrowing from Bandai & having the same issue. Also, what's up with that frosted/foggy looking canopy on Max & Miria?