Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Safe to speculate that Bandai showing this with the Fast Packs will mean it will be bundled into the release.. 

I really hope so. I got me a 19 full set a couple month ago since I don't want to see my self hunting down a fast packs bundle for the 19 and the 21 if it ever comes to be and on top being a web exclusive

18 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Hmmm... if the fast packs are included, surely this is also a given (everywhere else outside Bandai's HQ) ?

Doubtful.  There is a picture with the packs and gunpods, along with the punch effects, but that's about it.

Maybe they'll include mounts for the ones that came with the YF-19 full set, but I'm not betting they're going the "everything and two kitchen sinks" route again.

I’m wondering if they’ll re-release the YF-19 full set. I’ve been holding off on getting a 19 until the 21 came out. I’m in the small minority that’s not so excited about the 19.  🙂

31 minutes ago, jenius said:

I would guess they'll sell the full set as an add on and include fold attachments for the 21.

We might have to do some coordination within this community. For folks that have the YF-19 Full Set, all we'd need is the fold attachment for the YF-21. I'd be open to selling the rest of the add-on to someone who has the "null set" YF-19 reissue but doesn't want the YF-21. Maybe that's a small group of people. :unknw: 

If Bandai really wants to stick it to us, the YF-21 fold attachment will be sold on its own...and for the same price as the add-on set for the YF-19 that has a lot more pieces (including the same fold attachment).

9 hours ago, Bolt said:

It should come with fast packs and pin point barrier punch effects. 
But where are our fold boosters?!

^this! doesnt look like there are any slots on the top fuselage for mounting any fold boosters...🤔

i suppose delimited mode parts were meant to make up for a lack of fold booster?

3 hours ago, badboy00z said:

Am I the only one that thinks the top of the chest is too long front to back and really hideous? 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're not the only one. Yamato really did a great job on their YF-21.

so thats what the belly plates are for...to hide yamato's skinny legs from the side!😄

i suppose the question to ask is do you want a stylish thick battroid legs? if so, then we will have to put up with the thick front to back backpack.

If there was a mechanism to squash the backpack tight to the torso would be nice, but looking at the one-piece backpack top i dont see any such mechanism..

Seeing Bandai's approach vs Yamato's makes me appreciate even more how hard it is to translate the various details & the many hard compromise decisions the designers have to take for the YF-21. Yamato got quite a bit of flak for the thin legs, but they must have gone through quite a few design iterations before settling on what they did.

Remains to be seen how well Bandai's effort will turn out, but it's great that they are taking a different approach instead of taking the easy way & just copy Yamato. 

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

^this! doesnt look like there are any slots on the top fuselage for mounting any fold boosters...🤔

i suppose delimited mode parts were meant to make up for a lack of fold booster?

There are 4 black dots on the back,  almost in the same area were Yamato YF-21 attachment points are. I guess this could be the attachment points for the fold booster.

Screenshot_20231122-2259252.png.1f55da30697c02331ea8ff9e07318a6b.png

23 minutes ago, Froy said:

There are 4 black dots on the back,  almost in the same area were Yamato YF-21 attachment points are. I guess this could be the attachment points for the fold booster.

Ah .... are those were part of the panel line designs? not sure if they are actually notches....

One has to wonder....after this thing is released and out in the wild for a while...will the old Yamato version continue to go up in price or will it sink down eventually? I know this much, I'm not giving mine up anytime soon, whether I get the new Chunky Monkey DX or not....:rofl:

5 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

One has to wonder....after this thing is released and out in the wild for a while...will the old Yamato version continue to go up in price or will it sink down eventually? I know this much, I'm not giving mine up anytime soon, whether I get the new Chunky Monkey DX or not....:rofl:

I've been wondering this as well on whether the price stays high or goes down, also how many will dump their old Yamato's altogether in favor of the DX YF-21?

58 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I've been wondering this as well on whether the price stays high or goes down, also how many will dump their old Yamato's altogether in favor of the DX YF-21?

I have no intention of getting rid of my Yammie. As a battroid guy, the battroid's thin legs, loose hips, and overall instability ruined its shelf appeal for me, but no one can deny that the fighter mode is gorgeous, and that overall, legs notwithstanding, it remains one of the best transforming toy iterations of that design. I still think Arcadia should consider redesigning the legs to be thicker and better proportioned to the rest of the battroid. It would no doubt cost the fighter its extremely thin profile, but as I've always said, I'd rather the fighter be a little thicker if it fixes those legs.

On 11/22/2023 at 2:02 AM, no3Ljm said:

I’m just waiting for Bandai to drop the preorder date. :spiteful:

Likewise. I'm ready for POs to open- hopefully soon and with wide availability amidst the usual e-tailers here in the West.

On 11/22/2023 at 5:26 AM, MKT said:

Safe to speculate that Bandai showing this with the Fast Packs will mean it will be bundled into the release.. 

My thinking as well; a bit misleading on Bandai's part if otherwise. Considering those packs were featured prominently in both the movie and the OVA, it would be a remarkable omission to not include them.

On 11/22/2023 at 7:34 AM, wsna said:

I am hoping the main landing gear struts lock out. I like the idea with the movable wing and tail flaps but I think it isn't necessary. I wonder if the wings lock out as well.

I hope the gear lock down as well, especially on a high-end toy that will no doubt have a fair bit of die cast content. Even without die-cast, at 1/60, it's a fairly decent sized plane that needs some strong, stable gear to rest on. I hope the wings have a firm locking mechanism to keep them firmly in place in jet mode- those things are thick and will have some significant weight to them. Overall, I hope design and QC are excellent, even if there are niggles from fan to fan- it's hard to please everybody, and I, too, have my own. I just hope it's a durable toy with perfectly tight joints (not too tight, but not loose, preferably ratcheted with lots of detents for a wide range of poseability). 

On 11/22/2023 at 11:34 PM, wsna said:

I am hoping the main landing gear struts lock out. I like the idea with the movable wing and tail flaps but I think it isn't necessary. I wonder if the wings lock out as well.

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

I hope the gear lock down as well, especially on a high-end toy that will no doubt have a fair bit of die cast content. Even without die-cast, at 1/60, it's a fairly decent sized plane that needs some strong, stable gear to rest on. I hope the wings have a firm locking mechanism to keep them firmly in place in jet mode- those things are thick and will have some significant weight to them. Overall, I hope design and QC are excellent, even if there are niggles from fan to fan- it's hard to please everybody, and I, too, have my own. I just hope it's a durable toy with perfectly tight joints (not too tight, but not loose, preferably ratcheted with lots of detents for a wide range of poseability). 

Ah yes, the rear landing gears.. it was one of the most irritating aspects of Yamato's. A slight movement backwards when adjusting it on the shelf will see the whole rear flop down. Quite puzzling that Yamato allowed it to happen, seeing how they (including Arcadia) have always paid extra attention to landing gears both in looks and tactile feel.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

When the DX YF-21 was initially revealed all the way back, we saw quite a few Yammies showing up on JP secondary markets, and the price did drop quite a bit then. They are back to normal levels now. We'll likely see another round of lower price adjustments when the DX actually releases.

Landing gear looks odd. The front gear has a hinge in the strut but looks like it stows perfectly straight, so what’s it for?

Main gear too, pics say it rotates 90 degrees but it seems to stow in the same orientation as when it’s extended. Why?

EDIT: seems the main gear rotates 180 to extend. Wow. That’s… a choice. 

Edited by Sildani

11 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Landing gear looks odd. The front gear has a hinge in the strut but looks like it stows perfectly straight, so what’s it for?

Main gear too, pics say it rotates 90 degrees but it seems to stow in the same orientation as when it’s extended. Why?

According to the captions, the front landing gear has to be bent at the middle hinge when pulled out and stowed. You can see that there isn't enough space for the wheel to come out straight. The other two are stowed with the wheels pointing inwards. They are rotated 180 degrees when folded out.

Edited by Actar