Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

As much as I love Yamato’s original work, I think it’s time Arcadia gave us something more beyond re-issues. All this slow new of molds is making me wonder if these older licenses have any real value to Arcadia.

I mean, the VF-5000G is (hopefully) coming out next year.

9 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Anyone know if these re-issues with have the cavity fillers and if they'll be bright white plastic, or that toned down broken white? 

As straight up re-issues, there will be cavity fillers & they will be bright white, same as the valk itself.

Packaging should be no different from previous, in keeping with Arcadia’s practice. (Images from Jenius’s site)

4A3CE02B-9076-43AC-AA83-CE46253D2CEC.jpeg.82382ab389d048cc3f7951f195f310c3.jpeg
7057F8B4-310E-4223-9D7C-11D48D64D0B8.jpeg.c90d73b023f5ad6484ae7717d3d2f5f0.jpeg

634B4350-0B0D-4651-8033-19DA608D769B.jpeg.39f054a6bf79011f8c3bdec8883c876b.jpeg

4F944D27-7A44-4959-A1ED-40F82D534DD6.jpeg.d4ade82ae662a5bc038fd6526de92f10.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

@MKT - Thanks!!!

I'm tempted of flogging my 1S Hikaru with non SP and getting this... but the potential yellowing on the bright white scares me... 

I've had the PF versions of Roy and Hikaru for years now and they're still bright white. I've had way more issues with white either fading or yellowing with Bandai's stuff. I just took my Luca 171 out of storage and the white has clearly faded into something closer to the Yamato DYRL white. Fortunately the fading was uniform throughout so it still looks okay.

Unfortunately, yellowing is always a possibility with any white plastic...

8 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

@MKT - Thanks!!!

I'm tempted of flogging my 1S Hikaru with non SP and getting this... but the potential yellowing on the bright white scares me... 

Most welcome. :good:

Agreeing & having about same experience with @Lolicon regarding the yellowing. Previously I think of Yamcadia valks being at least 2X in yellowing resistance compared to Bandai's. But as more time have passed, I'm thinking the ratio is at least 3X. Bandai's gives you the WTF feeling that it yellows all too soon, whilst by the time late Yamato / Arcadia valks starts yellowing, so much time has passed that it becomes pretty acceptable.  

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

What's next for arcadia, i guess reissues, reissues, reissues...damn, at least give me the weathering version of the destroid and a PF of Nora :( 

You know, they just need production funding from those reissues for their Star Mirage, right? :spiteful:

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You know, they just need production funding from those reissues for their Star Mirage, right? :spiteful:

I don't mind reissues but i think they should try to change some of the releases...like for example, what about a Max VF-1S? I mean, it's already pretty difficult to find as a used item. It would be like printing money.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

They could use the same method video game developers use lately: crowdfunding disguised as preorders...

Lol

I'm sure this forum has been noted by many... But it would probably be much better for someone like that to be a lurker , than activity engaged. Their inbox would probably be clogged in a week. And all kind of trolls would come out of the wood work, i fear. 

Edited by Bolt

1 hour ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Has anyone ever Invited the PR person from Arcadia to the Forums to discuss things?  

If that happens, all of us will sign some NDA's. :spiteful:

But kidding aside, I don't think that's a good idea as what Bolt has mentioned. :good: 

On 11/8/2023 at 3:09 PM, Robin-11 said:

I don't mind reissues but i think they should try to change some of the releases...like for example, what about a Max VF-1S? I mean, it's already pretty difficult to find as a used item. It would be like printing money.

Would it, though?

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Would it, though?

Well, i have two, the regular release and the weathering one and i would buy another one. Also it would be great if Arcadia would re-release it in that white bright shade rather than the off white of the first releases, which, from i what i understood, should prevent even more the yellowing of the plastic(but not completely sure about that yet). In addition i wouldn't mind other reissues like a VF-X1 or maybe a slight different paint scheme like the Alaska base(which it's not a real reissue but really not that different). In any case Arcadia definitely knows better than i do. At least i hope so. I mean, i love their toys very much (since they were Yamato) and it kinda breaks my heart to see so few new releases.

15 hours ago, Mommar said:

Would it, though?

I'm sure they'd sell at least a dozen or so. :lol: 

At this point, it might actually make sense to just produce the unassembled kits again, especially if they could find a way to make them in the original Yamato DYRL white, since they'd essentially be supporting the secondary market with spare parts for all of the aging original releases.

24 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm sure they'd sell at least a dozen or so. :lol: 

At this point, it might actually make sense to just produce the unassembled kits again, especially if they could find a way to make them in the original Yamato DYRL white, since they'd essentially be supporting the secondary market with spare parts for all of the aging original releases.

This would make sense and sounds great even though I have no issues with any of mine. Thing is, as much as I want reissues of rare Valks, part of the reason they are rare is because they probably didn’t make a lot to begin with and those still took a while to sell, even at discount so it’s reasonable to expect the same would happen again. It’s part of what put Yamato out of business in the first place. 

What KitzConcept figured out, and Arcadia has shied away from, is that if you're going to have the factory produce toys, like the VF-1S Focker/Ichijo reissues, there's usually only a small outlay to tell the factory to produce another 100 with a different tampo process. So, if there's enough market to warrant pumping out Hikaru and Roy, it's a golden opportunity to do a TV Roy and a Max 1S in very limited numbers. Maybe make those "premium finish" only and do 100 of each. 

On 10/30/2023 at 2:50 PM, Lolicon said:

I've had the PF versions of Roy and Hikaru for years now and they're still bright white. I've had way more issues with white either fading or yellowing with Bandai's stuff. I just took my Luca 171 out of storage and the white has clearly faded into something closer to the Yamato DYRL white. Fortunately the fading was uniform throughout so it still looks okay.

Unfortunately, yellowing is always a possibility with any white plastic...

I really don't mind the yellowing myself ether if its uniform as well, I know many can't stand to see it, but for me its like a patina of being vintage. alot of vintage clear toys from the 70's/80's sadly they yellowed inside and can never be cleaned and do not look so well uncordially .

2 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I really don't mind the yellowing myself ether if its uniform as well, I know many can't stand to see it, but for me its like a patina of being vintage. alot of vintage clear toys from the 70's/80's sadly they yellowed inside and can never be cleaned and do not look so well uncordially .

As an owner of some yellowed toys, I agree. It's not always unsightly short of not being screen-accurate. It's when yellowing is a sign of brittleness, that I am concerned.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Since it says reselling on the translation, I would assume 'Normal' is not TV version, right?

I would love it if "normal" meant that we'd finally be getting a TV version of the SDF-1, but I'm not holding my breath. My best guess is that it's the non-premium-finish DYRL version.

Edited by Anasazi37

so many valks iterations in the Macross universe, and still Arcadia keeps bringing on the same valks over and over again, seriously they must not like money or they just clueless, I mean take for example Yamato YF-21 , imagine if they release one Arcadia branded, or how about the  11B ?, or better yet  how about releasing VF-1S 1/60 again but this time is not a feather weight valk?, add a bit of something new , diecast maybe?. At this point the Bandai DX 1/48 Valks are top of the line for obvious reasons still will not go into details why is that, it would be alot of text lol, but Im not saying Arcadia should do the same cause obviously Arcadia is a much smaller Company , still that shouldn't be an excuse to not thrive as company, or maybe the company is doing enough income to just fulfill wages and keep the company afloat, who knows, but as a company that has the Macross license I think they are wasting a lot of potential in that License.  

41 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

so many valks iterations in the Macross universe, and still Arcadia keeps bringing on the same valks over and over again, seriously they must not like money or they just clueless, I mean take for example Yamato YF-21 , imagine if they release one Arcadia branded, or how about the  11B ?, or better yet  how about releasing VF-1S 1/60 again but this time is not a feather weight valk?, add a bit of something new , diecast maybe?. At this point the Bandai DX 1/48 Valks are top of the line for obvious reasons still will not go into details why is that, it would be alot of text lol, but Im not saying Arcadia should do the same cause obviously Arcadia is a much smaller Company , still that shouldn't be an excuse to not thrive as company, or maybe the company is doing enough income to just fulfill wages and keep the company afloat, who knows, but as a company that has the Macross license I think they are wasting a lot of potential in that License.  

To be frank, it's really hard to question Arcadia's directions. Since one of the main question is what other license do they have aside from what they have released since 2013? Also what are the license limitations regarding releases? Do they actually have YF-21, VF-11B, etc? We just know Mr. K expressed he wanted to revisit the YF-21 before. But never confirmed they have the license. As a small company I'm pretty sure their license is limited. Or maybe most of their budget went to the license but then enough budget to produce a number of items? Or why they just do random releases probably to help the company afloat? Who knows?

Again, it's hard when we don't know the whole license agreement and what it includes. The mere fact that the Star Mirage really takes a while to materialize, they're probably meticulous when it comes to budget spending.