Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 minute ago, MKT said:

Picking up cheap valks or a grail or two significantly below current value really feeds into the joy of the hunt. Sadly when I think back, it seems to be harder to come by these kinds of deals these days. 

That's the truth. 

Also depends where you are. Some of the Macross collectors here in Greece all want to buy deals with a additional 50% less, but then sell with a additional 50% above the general online average. So, at the end, very few are able to conclude any offers, never mind getting deals. lol

23 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

That's the truth. 

Also depends where you are. Some of the Macross collectors here in Greece all want to buy deals with a additional 50% less, but then sell with a additional 50% above the general online average. So, at the end, very few are able to conclude any offers, never mind getting deals. lol

It sounds like when there are successful deals in Greece it must feel like one hit a mini jackpot? haha..

Over at elsewhere online, many have reminisced how fun it was to pull out some forgotten toy off the back of a dark shelf, obscured over by layers of newer toys in shops run by a usually disorganized owner. That has only happened to me once, but what a feeling it was lol. These stores are long gone, as razor margins from online competition made sure this very type of laidback stores unsustainable and only ones that are run by owners who stay right on top of things & their inventory continue to stay afloat.

Still, good deals can sometimes be found at online second hand stores, for eg Mandarake. I've noticed, the Shibuya store almost always have the highest price when it comes to Macross items. However, couple or so smaller Mandarake stores sometimes miss updating themselves on the prices of older, more obscure Macross items and when fresh stock of these do come in, they price them based on their last sold price that could be years ago lol. 

28 minutes ago, MKT said:

It sounds like when there are successful deals in Greece it must feel like one hit a mini jackpot? haha..

Over at elsewhere online, many have reminisced how fun it was to pull out some forgotten toy off the back of a dark shelf, obscured over by layers of newer toys in shops run by a usually disorganized owner. That has only happened to me once, but what a feeling it was lol. These stores are long gone, as razor margins from online competition made sure this very type of laidback stores unsustainable and only ones that are run by owners who stay right on top of things & their inventory continue to stay afloat.

Still, good deals can sometimes be found at online second hand stores, for eg Mandarake. I've noticed, the Shibuya store almost always have the highest price when it comes to Macross items. However, couple or so smaller Mandarake stores sometimes miss updating themselves on the prices of older, more obscure Macross items and when fresh stock of these do come in, they price them based on their last sold price that could be years ago lol. 

Fireworks galore here when a deal struck lol 

That's a valid point though. Vendors have evolved to be online dependent, and even when someone finds something in the attic a toy that belonged to someone else, they'll immediately check online themselves, or ask on Facebook for the value for example, and unless there's a quick group of sharks, they end up pricing it at the online average. 

Gone are the days of garage sales or filled up tables at the flee market. 

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I remember the early days of ebay. Retailers would list their unsellable stock for cheap and you would find something you were looking for at a great price. Now they throw their stuff up at collector prices.

Lol... reminds me of what black Friday has evolved into.

Price a month before BF, $100.00.

Price a week before BF, $130.00.

On BF, $130.00,  $100.00 after discount.

Price after BF, $100.00.

🤣

Edited by Raikkonen

• 2 weeks later...

I didn’t really care much for this line when I got the 1S Strike Hikaru Version but looking back at it, I don’t think I gave it enough attention or appreciation. Here’s hoping this particular version will change my mind. Maybe second time’s the charm. 

IMG_0119.jpeg

I never used to like the HMR line, but have recently gotten into them in a big way and been expanding my HMR collection and really started appreciating them. The good thing is can fit far more of them on a shelf compared to 1/60 or 1/48 toys.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming VF-19 Fire Valkyrie HMR that has been teased. Also, as a big Macross 7 fan I'm hoping eventually for more Macross 7 HMR toys, especially a VF-17D/S and VF-11C, although I realise that's probably a long shot.

But my current Holy Grail for an HMR would by the DYRL type Nousjadeul-Ger. As a huge DYRL fan I've wanted a toy of that for sooooooo long.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

But my current Holy Grail for an HMR would by the DYRL type Nousjadeul-Ger. As a huge DYRL fan I've wanted a toy of that for sooooooo long.

I loved seeing the prototype, but that was a long time ago. After seeing the DYRL Q-Rau from hasegawa, it makes me think we’ll see it sooner in plastic kit form than toy form

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Bandai over the weekend went all out with Robot spirits line celebrating it's 15th anniversary, and apparently soon with more broader Tamashi reveals for all it's line.

I'll be happy with the 0A and a SV-51, and yeah, throw in a Regult re-release thank you. 

Edited by Raikkonen

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Hi

I justo found this part among my HMRs but can't identify where it belongs. Any ideas?

IMG_20230927_090729.jpg.aebb73ead2f6d51fd1332f9dfcf63d71.jpg

There are only 3 releases in that shade of white so far (that I know). The Hikky VF-1S and VF-1J and the VF-0. 

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

Forgive me for I have sinned. Sometimes I like to play with my Monster.😎 🤭

Screenshot_20231001_141924_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231001_141931_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231001_141936_Gallery.jpg

If it weren’t so huge that it doesn’t really fit my shelves, I probably wouldn’t mess with it as much as I do. I kinda fear the size of a 1/72 kit if any of the model kit makers attempt it

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 2:23 PM, Graham said:

Forgive me for I have sinned. Sometimes I like to play with my Monster.😎 🤭

I heard Mrs. Jenius likes to play with Jenius's Monster too, so you're not alone 😜 

By the way, I just got a notification from Anime Export that the HMR VF-1A Kakizaki is now in stock, but nothing on the Max yet. I thought they had the same release date?

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

I heard Mrs. Jenius likes to play with Jenius's Monster too, so you're not alone 😜 

By the way, I just got a notification from Anime Export that the HMR VF-1A Kakizaki is now in stock, but nothing on the Max yet. I thought they had the same release date?

Got an email from my proxy service this morning that my Kakizaki is ready to ship. I'm going to have them hold onto it until the Max releases next month.

1 hour ago, Drad said:

I didn't see Kakizaki or Max go up at all anywhere, and now Anime-Export lists them as sold out.

They went up for PO at the same time, as Tamashii Web Exclusive (TWE) items, but their release dates are about a month apart. You can keep track of the latest announcements using this site:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item_character/macross_series/?wovn=en (be sure to select "Japan" for the region, using the floating button in the lower right corner of your screen)

There's also a well-maintained PO announcement thread:

A few stores like Anime Export are still willing to take POs for TWE items and then act as proxies for you, but Bandai is really starting to crack down on proxies. The proxy service I like to use recently had to switch to a process where orders are shipped to a third party and then shipped to their warehouse, to get around Bandai's latest "defenses." Not a huge additional cost, maybe $4 in postage and a bit longer wait time for me, but this whole situation is beyond ridiculous.

49 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Got an email from my proxy service this morning that my Kakizaki is ready to ship. I'm going to have them hold onto it until the Max releases next month.

They went up for PO at the same time, as Tamashii Web Exclusive (TWE) items, but their release dates are about a month apart. You can keep track of the latest announcements using this site:

Shouldn't be that long, looks like Kakizaki has a 10-19 release date, while Max is 10-31.  Unless you meant that they both regular releases put up for sale at the same time as TWE items, which I wasn't keeping track of.

I was actually hoping to get duplicates of these, just so I can get some extra TV missiles, and those particular tinted canopies.. and having a spare Max for a Q-Rau battle pose is always necessary. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Shouldn't be that long, looks like Kakizaki has a 10-19 release date, while Max is 10-31.  Unless you meant that they both regular releases put up for sale at the same time as TWE items, which I wasn't keeping track of.

I was actually hoping to get duplicates of these, just so I can get some extra TV missiles, and those particular tinted canopies.. and having a spare Max for a Q-Rau battle pose is always necessary. ^_^ 

Tamashii site says "November 2023" for Max:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14457/?wovn=en

I hope it's closer to the beginning of November, or even 10/31. Don't want to wait too long to complete the squadron. 

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Bandai really witholding his steak, eh...

Hopefully someone can make a 3d print of a larger pilot cuz that's ridiculous!  And I still maintain that omitting the XL Steak as an accessory is a gross oversight!

57 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Don't want to wait too long to complete the squadron. 

We've already waited... hmm lemme check when this thread started... 9yrs... even more if you include the original hi-metal line.  And then to make Kakizaki's valk a web exclusive,  AND NO XL STEAK!!!? Shame Bandai, shame.

Edited by Pontus

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I think this is just the normal TV pilot Bandai has always used for this line.

More like every pilot Bandai has ever made for any Macross product, regardless.  They always make undersized pilots, no matter what scale.

Edited by Chronocidal

27 minutes ago, Froy said:

Wasn't the red stand for Hikaru VF-1J supposed to be packed with this release?

Or it will come with Max's VF-1A?

It comes with the Kakizaki release.  You can see it in the images in the tweet that @treatment posted earlier, both on the image on the back of the box and in the interior contents.