Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Can you guys remind me if it’s normal for the tail fins be this high up. I feel like it’s sitting too high but I can see no obvious way to lower it. And yes I already slide the backpack back.

IMG_7200.jpeg

Not sure, but there is a click tab in the joint and maybe you didn’t fold it past the tab. I know I used the term click tab, but it makes more of a barely audible thump. I couldn’t think of a better term 

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Can you guys remind me if it’s normal for the tail fins be this high up. I feel like it’s sitting too high but I can see no obvious way to lower it. And yes I already slide the backpack back.

IMG_7200.jpeg

At 18:05

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

IMG_7200.jpeg

D1AEB735-EA21-47E8-AD17-C0A5810DC920.jpeg.a9ce8e07dc251ceb719300f6c6425d79.jpeg

98D06A40-15B1-424D-AA78-87B27D6D6666.jpeg.cb41155156396defd2d048cb644ba545.jpeg

Hold the backpack at both ends and gently pull down.  You should feel and hear it kind of click.  The first pic shows how much of the tailfins are shown in Battroid mode with the backpack pulled down.  The second pic shows how the backpack hinge should look with the backpack pulled down.

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

D1AEB735-EA21-47E8-AD17-C0A5810DC920.jpeg.a9ce8e07dc251ceb719300f6c6425d79.jpeg

98D06A40-15B1-424D-AA78-87B27D6D6666.jpeg.cb41155156396defd2d048cb644ba545.jpeg

Hold the backpack at both ends and gently pull down.  You should feel and hear it kind of click.  The first pic shows how much of the tailfins are shown in Battroid mode with the backpack pulled down.  The second pic shows how the backpack hinge should look with the backpack pulled down.

Ok i got it to the way you have it. The hinge was super stiff and i had to use some force to get it down. Super scary. I was worried about breaking it.

That being said i still don't like how high the tailfins are. The one flaw of the hi-metal design but otherwise an awesome toy.

Thanks for your help @sh9000 and everyone else who replied. I love this forum.

Seriously?  That was a plastic display steak dinner?  I saw it in another display that looked like it was at a restaurant, so I figured it was the closest that restaurant had to it... But you mean to tell me that someone actually planned, designed, and made that display, and it's not even close to what it's attempting to represent?  AND it looks disgusting, like a bad Salisbury steak.  It's supposed to be a 1" thick, rare steak on a cutting board, pure and simple.  I guess I'm glad Bandai didn't make it an accessory.

Ha ha ha… That’s why display food looks to unattractive to the public when it’s shown at the front window sill (it’s got to be non-food safe, exposed to UV 24/7 365 days a year without causing food poisoning to us if we have to eat it). 🤣

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

Thanks a lot. Now I need to paint Max's heatshield black

Aw damn if I had known I would have sent the HM black heatshield with the VF-1S head since my HM VF-1S will stay permanently in Fighter mode and probably be given to my kid.  Painting the heatshield black works too though.

On 6/10/2023 at 11:37 AM, Chronocidal said:

Finally got around to something I'd been meaning to do for a very long time.

ss(2023-06-09at08_32.52).jpg.6af4bebaf7bb8b2088c5b426a5a6d9c5.jpgss(2023-06-09at08_35.41).jpg.11484d295459bedd266d7ac31800b106.jpg

I've probably had those nubs of tan sprue hollowed out since shortly after the VF-1D released.  Was really irritated they didn't give us hardpointed wings for it, but it wasn't hard to rectify, and I finally have the packs to use on it. ^_^ 

Also took a little time, and painted up a set of TV missiles that came with the Messer crossover version.  A standard red Gundam marker with a flat coat turned out to be a pretty good match to the paint they use.

ss(2023-06-09at08_42.10).jpg.4bc1cb20824b2997d1128d9e2cbb8768.jpg

Can you share how you added those hardpoints under the wings?

55 minutes ago, zplus said:

Can you share how you added those hardpoints under the wings?

Honestly, it's just a stick of tan model sprue that I drilled out and filed to match the size of the weapons pylon pegs.  Lots of careful trial and error testing to fit, then I sawed the individual rings off, and superglued them to the underside of the wing.

Edited by Chronocidal

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Bandai seems to reserve much of their retro love for the Orguss for whatever reason...they copied the retro fonts and other touches on the H-Spec release a few years ago...

orguss_unbox3-1200x880.jpg

is this Bandai?  I actually have this one.  And never got the blue and fodder one, damn!  lol

But I thought it was a different company.

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

It was release under the Megahouse brand, which is owned by Bandai....so, from a certain point of view....

https://shop.bandai.com/megahouse

interesting, ok.  I didn't care at the time because to me it's one of those seminal, must have "masterpiece" figures that represents the apotheosis of the character.  Much like MP-1 and MP-10 did for Optimus Prime.  Some pieces you just can't pass up, and this was always one of them.  But of course the completest in me is going to get the little "mini me" HMR figure anyway.

2 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

interesting, ok.  I didn't care at the time because to me it's one of those seminal, must have "masterpiece" figures that represents the apotheosis of the character.  Much like MP-1 and MP-10 did for Optimus Prime.  Some pieces you just can't pass up, and this was always one of them.  But of course the completest in me is going to get the little "mini me" HMR figure anyway.

I collect very little outside of Macross, but since the Orgroid "sort-of" made it's debut in SDFM...I did buy the Hi-Spec when it was released....now I find myself wanting to get the HMR because of the retro box...LOL

I did buy all of the Toynami "retro" box releases of their constantly rehashed 1/100 VF-1 toys....so there is precedent of me buying things I shouldn't....^_^

• 1 month later...

I think that it is really cool him standing next to the XB-70 Valkyrie with the VF-1J Valkyrie.  I wonder when this was taken?

I noticed in the thread talking about the Bandai DX Chogokin YF-21 that showed up at Otacon 2023 that in addition to the YF-21 and YF-19, they also had the Bandai Hi-Metal R VF-0S and the VF-4A.  Could this mean that Bandai is fixing to release the VF-4A under the WWM banner?  I would not mind picking up the VF-4A Hi Metal R, I have the VF-4G in Focker colors, and it is a good toy, but I would like the Hi-Metal R version to be available here, in the US at a US e-tailer.

Twich