Hi-Metal R

joppewo

17 hours ago, tekering said:

I'd like to thank Hasegawa for unexpectedly providing what Bandai has only teased for years now... 

Regultscoutontherocks.jpg.9571c5784eeff4ab20735c159cd62392.jpg

...and at a more accurate scale than Bandai's undersized Regults, too. ☺️

Regultscoutinthehangar.jpg.1c5b7741e4dfd97733daa6f4a3a9a75b.jpg

Sure, it requires decals and panel-lining (and a little paint, even), but it's a mere fraction of the cost of an HMR.

Very very nice! :wub:

Didn’t realize before HMR Regults were so undersized.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

There's no specific mention of how many you can buy.

Here's what it says on the event link: https://tamashiiweb.com/special/tour/?wovn=en#excl

-------------------------------

If the event that the Company determines that a fraudulent act or potentially fraudulent act was committed, your purchase will be voided.
In addition, the Company may suspend further transactions or cancel your membership registration.  

(Ex.) Multiple purchases by the same person, purchases made using fraudulent accounts using false information or the personal information of a third party, unauthorized access to the website, etc.  

*When a purchase is made, it is assumed that you have agreed to the Sales Precautions. Please read it in advance thoroughly.

-------------------------------

Why does Bandai have such a problem with letting people buy their crap? 

• 2 months later...

So Bandai does a box set, long ago, of the full DYRL 1A squad, multiple 1js, no Max or Kaki 1A, I sell the majority of my collection thinking we'll never get TV Vermillion, now this? Bummer, but kind of expected, now I have Vermillion as DX and I can't be bothered with Hi-Metal R except for the more interesting releases like the 0D, oh well. They look fantastic, regular release or TWE? If BBTS puts them up as a set I might bite. 

For the original HM they were available individually and you got a bonus for getting all three. I hope that's the format for this as well... People who just purchased the GBP probably don't need another Hikaru.

Based on the Twitter post, more info will be available tomorrow (19 May). Not sure if I want, or don't want, a three pack. Already have three Hikarus, due to the latest GBP release, and it might be cost-prohibitive. The upside would be one less night of PO madness to get both Max and Hayao in a single purchase.

9900y and TWE?

each?

lol!

Some serious greed there,  Bandai.

Really banking on nostalgia, eh Bandai?

Speaking of nostalgia, I reckon we bought our old respective Yammies 1/60s years ago much cheaply and they're PTs! 

Wonder if Arcadia will do everybody a solid and re-issue their versions to compete against these overpriced HM-Rs...

:5:

33 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Its a 2-pack but with 3 stands....PO today at 4pm JP time!

p-bandai 2 separate releases. https://figsoku.net/blog-entry-352809.html

Red Hikaru and kakizaki brown pedestal is included in the VF-1A kaki release....

Blue pedestal in Max release....

That is much better, except for the less-than-24-hours-notice thing. Just submitted a purchase request to a proxy service. Fingers crossed.

9 minutes ago, treatment said:

9900y and TWE?

each?

lol!

Speaking of nostalgia, I reckon we bought our old respective Yammies 1/60s years ago much cheaply and they're PTs! 

Wonder if Arcadia will do everybody a solid and re-issue their versions to compete against these overpriced HM-Rs...

And Bandai's "web exclusives" are still subject to PO madness, except now you have fewer options to go about obtaining them.

Ah good thing it's not a bundle release forcing Hikaru 1J in.. It's as good as can be hoped for the releases to be separate.
One slight peeve is that these new 'revival' HMR VF-1 could do with further forward angle on their legs / feet in Gerwalk, just like the DX or even Arcadia's 1/60 to allow for more aggressive A-stance. 

Edited by MKT

53 minutes ago, treatment said:

9900y and TWE?

each?

lol!

Arcadia re-releasing anything will be at today's prices. 😪

The good thing is Arcadia seems to charge the same price as they did around 10 years ago so with the exchange rate and inflation, we are getting them for less today than they were then. Not as cheap as Yamato days but still not bad. I’m in for both if they do it. 

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

The good thing is Arcadia seems to charge the same price as they did around 10 years ago so with the exchange rate and inflation, we are getting them for less today than they were then. Not as cheap as Yamato days but still not bad. I’m in for both if they do it. 

Yup, prices for all toy lines have gone up across the board.

I think because there were so many clearance sales way back in Yamato's heyday and people got used to those sale prices that once Yamato went under (turns out their business model wasn't great for solvency) and Arcadia had to move to a business model that would allow them to actually stay afloat that a bunch of people decided Arcadia was way overpriced and wanted the pricing back from the Yamato days.