Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Really liking this. Might have to get 2. I prefer the VF-11C. Guess the odds are pretty remote of seeing a repaint with the different boosters?

Love the bayonet and ejection cockpit.

Too bad it's got the fast packs so we can't see the tailfins. Interestingly, they seem to stick a tiny bit out of the legs compared to the painted prototypes we've seen. Maybe they increased the size? I sure hope so.

Vostok 7

I'ts hard to tell if they did or not in the other pictures due to the angle, but I'll say this. Personally, I think they should make the Stabs larger, and let what remains stick out. I think it would give a balanced look since the VF-11 has the ventral fins in the same location as well, and you'd probably be left with about the same abount of "fin" sticking out of the top as you do on the bottom. I know it's not cannon, but it's not like Kawamori isn't known for retconning his desgins (dx VF-25, 1/60 YF-19. and the size of the VF-11, ect.) and in this instance I think it would be a good change, but that's just me. Others may hate that idea because they are Battroid purists and may hate the idea of having part of the stab sticking out of the back of the legs. Just an idea though and seems like a really simple change that wouldn't require any change in enginering of the toy just new molds of the V. Stabs.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

MUST RESIST... I'm already committed to the 1S max, I'm seriously considering a DX alto, and OMG that shunya Yamashita figure looks AWESOME.

If they end up releasing a VF-11 with the test shots black and white color, I'd be all over that though.

I'ts hard to tell if they did or not in the other pictures due to the angle, but I'll say this. Personally, I think they should make the Stabs larger, and let what remains stick out. I think it would give a balanced look since the VF-11 has the ventral fins in the same location as well, and you'd probably be left with about the same abount of "fin" sticking out of the top as you do on the bottom. I know it's not cannon, but it's not like Kawamori isn't known for retconning his desgins (dx VF-25, 1/60 YF-19. and the size of the VF-11, ect.) and in this instance I think it would be a good change, but that's just me. Others may hate that idea because they are Battroid purists and may hate the idea of having part of the stab sticking out of the back of the legs. Just an idea though and seems like a really simple change that wouldn't require any change in enginering of the toy just new molds of the V. Stabs.

I agree, and would want that implemented. Ever since 2000 I've been waiting for a VF-11 toy with larger vertical stabilizers.

I agree, and would want that implemented. Ever since 2000 I've been waiting for a VF-11 toy with larger vertical stabilizers.

+1. I don't mind "sacrificing" a little accuracy in the Battroid (since the 1/60 is practically perfect in Battroid, especially compared to the 1/72) for a better Fighter.

Vostok 7

There's a panel lined Focker's VF-1S in the back, weathered version coming?

If you include the show release and the release that came out what was it about a year ago this would be the third release of the 1/48 Weathered Roy.

Link To Group Buy For Weathered Roy

Looks like those Roy prices will be coming down after all. I think I said something about that a log time ago. ;) I'm glad I waited. :p

I hope that one day I have enough Valkyrie and can get around to buying stands for all the fracking ones that Yamato didn't pack with stands... Will this come with stands?

I HATE the lack of stands in the box. I hate it more than the lack of fastpacks even.

Sorry for sort of randomly bringing this issue up here - but I had hoped with the SV-51 having a stand and the YF-21 as well that maybe it was going to be...er...pardon the pun...standard practice now... but then the VF-1 v.2 doesn't come with a stand ... will this? Or does Yamato only include a stand if the design of the battroid entails that it will be..hard...to..err...stand up on its' own?

EDIT: Hey - that picture shows the whole cockpit is removable along with the pilot...does that mean that it's not perfect transformation and that we're going to just pop out the cockpit and put in the orange heat shield ? :(

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Or does Yamato only include a stand if the design of the battroid entails that it will be..hard...to..err...stand up on its' own?

Pete

That's the answer!!!

We'll have to see how the cockpit transforms. Either way I'm so buying the VF-11!!!!

She's looking purty ^_^

I wish they would give up the "fanblades at the front of the intakes" detail. It's unrealistic and dumb looking (IMHO) on a otherwise fine looking model.

Er, then what would you propose they put there? I mean, the cutaway for the VF-1 has them, so they're supposed to be there. Granted the VF-11's lineart doesn't show it, but you'd rather a simple black pit, or permamently moulded shut intake shutters?

Er, then what would you propose they put there? I mean, the cutaway for the VF-1 has them, so they're supposed to be there. Granted the VF-11's lineart doesn't show it, but you'd rather a simple black pit, or permamently moulded shut intake shutters?

I would be OK with making it as deep as possible and then painting it black (with a gradient to the edge to signify shadow) to give the illusion of depth. The problem is, yes, the fans are in the lineart, but they're not about 5 inches from the edge of the intakes as they are on the Yamatos :lol: I understand why they can't put them back farther (because of the hinge and having to hide the flexible joint effect), but I'd rather the illusion of depth rather a weird fan molded to a flat plane of plastic that's completely visible from all angles.

Vostok 7

i think they made it so you have to switch out the regular cockpit with the heatshielded cockpit.

looking at the pics we have so far, i don't see how the HS would retract in anyway.

anyone notice the 1D? i gotta chubby just looking at it.

it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!

I hope that one day I have enough Valkyrie and can get around to buying stands for all the fracking ones that Yamato didn't pack with stands... Will this come with stands?

I HATE the lack of stands in the box. I hate it more than the lack of fastpacks even.

Sorry for sort of randomly bringing this issue up here - but I had hoped with the SV-51 having a stand and the YF-21 as well that maybe it was going to be...er...pardon the pun...standard practice now... but then the VF-1 v.2 doesn't come with a stand ... will this? Or does Yamato only include a stand if the design of the battroid entails that it will be..hard...to..err...stand up on its' own?

EDIT: Hey - that picture shows the whole cockpit is removable along with the pilot...does that mean that it's not perfect transformation and that we're going to just pop out the cockpit and put in the orange heat shield ? :(

Pete

It doesn't look like it will come with a stand =/ You can see in the pic that it comes with the connectors for the Yamato launch arm stand.

But I agree. I feel spoiled now that Yamato included stands with the SV-51 and YF-21 and wish all their releases had some. Especially since it's hard to find the launch arm stands and they cost over $40-50 each.

The flexidisplays are the next best thing but the poses you can do on those in battroid and gerwalk are limited in comparison. If Yamato would sell the clear stand that came with the Yf-21 for a relatively cheap price with connectors for some of the more recent VFs, I'd be pretty happy.