Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

EDIT: Hey - that picture shows the whole cockpit is removable along with the pilot...does that mean that it's not perfect transformation and that we're going to just pop out the cockpit and put in the orange heat shield ? :(

Pete

No, the heatshield is perfect transformation, don't worry.

The removeable cockpit is the 'escape capsule' feature that was first shown in Macross 7 on their VF-11C.

Graham

Anything that would knock your toy off a flexi display stand would cause a stand that attaches more firmly to topple over... I think it would only help limit collateral damage.

Seriously? How the heck do those things work?

I have an Ikea detolf glass cabinet and one of the magnets on it is ridiculously strong. I was thinking of getting some flexi stands but I'm afraid that the Valks will just fall off due to the shaking of the case when it opens. Preferably I'd want to somehow weaken the magnet though...

It butts against your toy in three different spots and usually it's not hard to place one of those bumpers somewhere where violent shaking won't cause any affect at all (like in the foot of a battroid or in a wingroot of an angled fighter). The rods are very stiff (and can be tightened and loosened to your liking). Unfortunately it appears the pictures of my Detolf displays are long gone but I used to have five 1/72 Yammies in one cube with a YF-21 and a VF-11 in fighter mode on other side at 80 degree angles on flexidisplays... they never fell. The trick is to buy multiple display stands of different sizes so you can swap in different rods to make sure your poses are supported perfectly. I definitely found the flexis more versatile for poses than the Yamato launch arm.

Edited by jenius

No, the heatshield is perfect transformation, don't worry.

The removeable cockpit is the 'escape capsule' feature that was first shown in Macross 7 on their VF-11C.

Graham

Alright! Graham finally said it! Now Yamato won't be able to charge me for a ultra-super-rare-limited-only-for-Japan-one per-household-in-your-face-screw-you-overseas-fans-nonsense Isamu marking heatshield.

Uh-oh, don't let ruskiiVFaussie read this. ;)

Yeah, yeah, I know :p

I've seen his pics using the stands before and it is pretty good with what poses he managed with the flexis. Still, the way they were posed on the stands are good for taking shots as he intended to do, but it seems too precarious for me to risk displaying my valks like that long term, especially on a high shelf. Fighter mode or even gerwalk is ok since you can set up a pretty stable platform with the flexidisplays, but battroid seems to be a different story.

I'll have to try Jenius' suggestion about swapping around rods of different lengths and see how that works out one day.

I don't actually have a Yamato launch arm stand as I find the price to be a rip off for what it is. I assumed that since it has more pivot points than the stands that come with the SV-51 and YF-21 that it would work even better. If that isn't the case, then oh well. Still, it's a shame the VF-11B won't come with a stand, but on the other hand, I guess it's probably a good thing since it would bump up the cost and with the USD to Yen conversion rate being so crappy right now, the savings is appreciated. I just plan on getting one at the moment since money is getting tight and will display it in fighter mode so using a spare flexi will suit me just fine. ^_^

Live your macross life to the full, dangle 200+ toys at heights!

:edited alcoholic typo.: :lol: tis the season to be jolly tral lalalah lah lah lah lahhh!

Fighter mode is childs play, battroid mode is where the fun starts for posing, i really hope i can do some funky stuff with the 11.

Try this one, it stands on it's own, but bloody hard to get correct -

gallery_3118_46_1917370.jpg

So far the SV-51 has the most to offer for posing.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Alright! Graham finally said it! Now Yamato won't be able to charge me for a ultra-super-rare-limited-only-for-Japan-one per-household-in-your-face-screw-you-overseas-fans-nonsense Isamu marking heatshield.

Actually Graham said it several times months ago. ^_^

Chris

I have an Ikea detolf glass cabinet and one of the magnets on it is ridiculously strong. I was thinking of getting some flexi stands but I'm afraid that the Valks will just fall off due to the shaking of the case when it opens. Preferably I'd want to somehow weaken the magnet though...

I have a Detolf too. The flexistands do fine. ^_^

:edited alcoholic typo.: :lol: tis the season to be jolly tral lalalah lah lah lah lahhh!

Fighter mode is childs play, battroid mode is where the fun starts for posing, i really hope i can do some funky stuff with the 11.

:lol: can you do this with a v.2 1/60? I'm so doing that with my Max 1S once it comes out.

What in the world is that grey cover inside the battroid's chest?

Never seen that before.

Vostok 7

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/12..._46_1917370.jpg

i have to disagree here... can u show us how you pose your sv-51?

as far as i am concerned, i feel the SV-51 battroid posabilty is below par.

especially the arms have very limited articulation...

Did you just dare ruskiiVFaussie to pose something? :lol:

gosh sorry for my noobiness :lol:

yeah ruskii, i would appreciate very much if you could show a good pose with the sv-51,

perhaps on the display stand.

i did hav a sv-51 ivanov and nora, but sold them off cos i could not find any love for the battroid mode.

i know the wings offer quite some options in battroid mode, but its the limbs that are very limited.

also no denying gerwalk is awesome

ok lets end this asap as this is supposed to be a VF-11B thread :p

I dunno... I don't contribute much to the photo threads, but I fusking LOVE my Sv-51, and pose it the most out of any of my toys besides my 1/48 CF... you can get some really slick tight-rope running poses with the 51 due to the outward ankle movement for Gerwalk mode.

On Topic, I'm sure the 11 will be fun to pose as well! :lol:

It is difficult for me to tell if this 1/60 scale VF-11 is the right size -- with the display stand as a reference, this thing looks a good deal smaller than the -19 or -21, as it "should" be.

Well, pre-retcon it was about the size of a VF-1.

I want the Pink Pecker Squadron made :) if only...

Pete

I will patiently await this as well and if I feel especially gutsy just repaint a standard one. Not only is it awesome innuendo but you'd have to be some great pilots to pull off those colours...

wasn't that squadron wiped out and errr...the black dude ...errr Ray? only survivor of the squadron and why he quit piloting valks or something to be Basara's bitch

hahaha pink peckers, I still remember when I saw that episode of Macross 7, my macross innocence was completely lost

Did the official size change? There was some speculation a while back that this might happen.

From my point of view, they changed the size already when they released Macross Plus. You could easily see the VF-11B was larger than its stated size when Isamu rescued Guld with his 11 holding up the 21 and then Guld (somehow) extended out the 21's wings. The 11's wingspan is 11.2m while the 21's wingspan is 15.36, yet in the animation, there wasn't that big a difference. You'd think that over 12 feet difference in wingspan would be pretty noticable.

While it's harder to tell in the other scenes, it just never seemed like the 11 was that much smaller than the 19 or 21.

So it really wouldn't surprise me if they changed the official dimensions later on. It wouldn't be any big deal to do so since it doesn't affect the story in any significant way and it's just a fictional craft.

The chase planes never seemed much smaller than the YF-21 when they were shown in formation earlier in the scene. I wonder how good a comparison shot you could get if you could get a shot just as Isamu rolls right over the 21 before the missle test.