Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

u know, we still only have one colour of YF-21... For that matter, only 2 of the 19's...

Well, a few folks on this board have upped the color-scheme numbers for the YF-19 and YF-21, thanks to their custom efforts.

But it kinda sucks that the 1/48 VF's and the old school chunkies are the only ones that seem to have a plethora of custom paint jobs out there. :(

Economically speaking repaints are almost a surefire money maker, even if only made in very limited quantities. i think you'll see Yamato go back into repaints once their production efforts aren't so busy with new products.

Economically speaking repaints are almost a surefire money maker, even if only made in very limited quantities. i think you'll see Yamato go back into repaints once their production efforts aren't so busy with new products.

Yep, Besides repaints are a surefire way to maximize expenses spent on the cost and development of the molds. They would get more out of the molds with repaints with minimal to no extra cost since they're only repainting the toys in a new color scheme. I would've thought we would have seen more repaints by now.

Which is truly unfortunate, since there's still a ton of untapped schemes for the non-VF-1 mecha fighters.

Just on this board alone, there's the Dobber scheme for the SV-51, Wicked Ace's Vampires scheme (was that the correct name?) for the YF-19, takatoys' Roy scheme also for the YF-19, my own Blackjack scheme for the YF-21, Scream Man's DYRL Max scheme for the VF-0, Kurt's Enigma scheme for the VF-0, and Wicked's Sundowners scheme for the VF-0.

Off the top of my head, Yamato could still do any of the following non-canon schemes for non-VF-1 fighters:

* Low-Viz Grey;

* Black/Stealth (at least for the -21 and Zeros);

* VF-X schemes;

* Blue Angels;

* Roy schemes;

* Minmei Guard (or should those be Sara Nome Guard, Sharon Apple Guard, and Basara Assassin/Hit Squad :ph34r:)

i have to say, id buy almost any Macross variable fighter in a Stealth black and urban or Jungle camo schemes. I just think they look amazing. I loved the Low viz 2 1/48 plane, its one of my favourites.

and a jet black 21 would be awesome. YF-19 in Roys scheme, 51 in the dobber scheme....there a lot Id buy!

Sorry if this has been asked before: so when's the VF-11B due for release?

Thanks

April.

I'd like to see more pics of the figure before pre-ordering. Hopefully the Macross kite logos and the insginia on the heat shield will be tampoed on.

Edited by IXTL

awesome - thanks IXTL.

Damn, looks like I need to start budgeting for this .... :ph34r:

EDIT: Anyone know of a good place to pre-order?? LOS doesn't seem to have it listed ...

Edited by Vermillion21

I pre-ordered from over-drive along with the 1D, shipping came out to 57$.

this thing just doesn't do anything for me. Im happy with the 1/72 version. Maybe another colour scheme would be nice. Like stealth black. Then I might be on board for this release.

just doesnt seem sleek enough

this thing just doesn't do anything for me. Im happy with the 1/72 version. Maybe another colour scheme would be nice. Like stealth black. Then I might be on board for this release.

just doesnt seem sleek enough

I can see how it seems like an incremental upgrade to the 1/72... but I don't have one (the big screws under the wing glove bothered me too much) so I'm happy to jump on board this one. Besides, I'm holding out hope for a full armor kit. :p

The 1/72 VF-11B was probably the best of the M+ 1/72 valk toys, but even so, there were many things I wished were better when I first got it.

I think the 1/60 is a pretty big improvement over the 1/72.

Among the things I disliked/was annoyed at/hated about the 1/72 that are fixed with the 1/60 are:

• The big hole in the right side of the nose where a screw goes in and a little cap covers it. You can see the big concavity even looking from above. It was just a very poor place to put a screw hole. Example 1 Example 2
  • The fugly ginormous hinges under the wings in fighter mode. (as seen here)
  • The intakes weren't really flush and kind of hover a millimeter below.
  • FAST pack boosters were way too small.
  • GERWALK looks funky with the big empty gap left by the plate over where the arm connects. Further worsened by the fact that you had to slide the whole wing assembly back further to make room for the arms to deploy. Example
  • Cockpit is a bright turquoise color.
  • Canards seemed overly big.

Other things I will have to see more of the 1/60 to see if they were fixed/improved or not. But just the first two items in that list alone makes me want to get the 1/60.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

So tempted to order but I just ordered the OD Tomo and the Defender from Over drive last week. Maybe once I recover from what ever my credit card is going to tell me what I really paid (US to Canadian dollars) I will. I so want this one. At least it is not as expensive as a YF-21

I wonder if they will come out with a version without the fastpacks? I like the VF-11B but at $269.4 Can (with shipping from Overdrive) I think I can live without them if it cut at least 30-40 bucks off of the price. I only spent $190 with shipping for my YF-19 last year so that's a bit steep. That or I need the Canadian dollar to start getting back at parity with the US green back again. And I don't see that happening unless we hit above $80 a barrel oil again. :unsure:

Edited by logos

Can't see it coming without fast packs, unless the Protect Armor has a combo release with the 11 minus the FP's.

Fast Packs rule anyways. I'm loving this 1/60!

It's the new VF-1 line for Yamato, lots of canon and non-canon colour schemes to do up, only wish there was S type or J laser heads.

What type of heads were used besides Mylenes?

I like the fast packs to but at that price I am going to have to seriously think about it before I buy. The same thing with the YF-21 by the way. If I can ever find it for under $160-$170 I'd buy it otherwise it's just to expensive.

You know what? I'm going to hold out for a 2nd issue, or atleast till the smoke clears, With Graham no longer having contact with Yamato, it's too risky for a new sculpt, Yamato shot themselves in the foot keeping Graham at a distance. Wake up Yamato. We need assurance.

Atleast with the 1D it seems possible the shoulders have been addressed since the 1J Hikaru. Safe.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I am not the one from the 'toysdaily' who complain about the dull colour. But I do prefer the VFX color theme...

I'm fairly indifferent on the Macross Plus colour scheme. So long as the toy doesn't explode/disintegrate/burst into flames upon contact with air I'll likely pick one up. Still, I do hope we see a repaint with the Raven's colour scheme. I really like that one.

Having played VFX 1 and 2 I know what you guys mean. Pretty sharp colours but I doubt the 11 will get the treatment in terms of repaints the VF1 usually does.

No, I actually prefer the dark grey and orange combo, it is distinct and unique, no other Macross valkyrie toy has that aside from the VF-11. I hope the tailfins are enlarged but with April coming in less than 5 months, I doubt it.

Yes, there's something about the 11 even though it's a jobber that's just charming. It's sort of the same feeling I have for the VF-1D I suppose. I am also disappointed with the tail fin situation but I expected it to be so after my experience with the 1/72 so it's not as much of a let down as it could be. Although I'm not sure why Yamato refuses to do some kind of work around when they most know the consumer has issue with it.

Thanks for the link .... and what happened to Graham and Yamato???

Has anyone considered that they are just being jalous about the Bandai threads getting so much posts on the board? :unsure: Maybe the're just ignoring Graham because he didn't ban all users referring to Bandai about Macross toys, instead of Yamato .... :ph34r:

i would imagine it had something to do with the "is yamato too greedy" thread going as long as it did.

most companies don't like that kind of thing being discussed so openly.

those kind of threads should be in a hidden section that isn't viewable to the general public.

There have been a lot of yamato antagonistic threads here and some very vocal anti-yamato posters but I have to say, if yamato's reaction to that is to pull communication with Graham as some sort of passive aggressive retaliation... well it shows a real lack of maturity and PR intelligence on Yamato's part.