Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

wasn't that squadron wiped out and errr...the black dude ...errr Ray? only survivor of the squadron and why he quit piloting valks or something to be Basara's bitch

Nah, Kinyru survived that attack until he got blowed up in the explosion of some Varauta ship he blew up. Although I guess technically they disbanded the unit after the incident so I'm not sure if anyone survived the encounter unscathed so to speak.

I like how someone is complaining about the "dull colours" on toysdaily. Does the colour bother anybody else? I'm not a huge stickler for details so not many small things bother me.

Edited by bluemax151

I like how someone is complaining about the "dull colours" on toysdaily. Does the colour bother anybody else? I'm not a huge stickler for details so not many small things bother me.

No, I actually prefer the dark grey and orange combo, it is distinct and unique, no other Macross valkyrie toy has that aside from the VF-11. I hope the tailfins are enlarged but with April coming in less than 5 months, I doubt it.

Nah, Kinyru survived that attack until got got blowed up in the explosion of some Varauta ship he blew up. Although I guess technically they disbanded the unit after the incident so I'm not sure if anyone survived the encounter.

I am not the one from the 'toysdaily' who complain about the dull colour. But I do prefer the VFX color theme...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vPb1upvPW30/Rmmo...-h/PSD3D074.jpg

I'm fairly indifferent on the Macross Plus colour scheme. So long as the toy doesn't explode/disintegrate/burst into flames upon contact with air I'll likely pick one up. Still, I do hope we see a repaint with the Raven's colour scheme. I really like that one.

Oh, yeah, and Dante, that little orange speck came up some time ago. There was certainly some speculation that the front of the heat shield is in the nose cone. I think it's a possibility, with the rear portion of the heat shield protruding up into the neck of the fighter.

No, I actually prefer the dark grey and orange combo, it is distinct and unique, no other Macross valkyrie toy has that aside from the VF-11. I hope the tailfins are enlarged but with April coming in less than 5 months, I doubt it.

I agree with you Shin.

I wonder if the fast packs can have the inside parts shown like on the VF-1 series.

Chris

Oh yeah, I'm 33

I don't know why the person is speaking of dull colors. The colors are pretty much dead on and you'd be pressed to find a closer match.

Or did he mean he didn't like the paint scheme. Perhaps some garish gundam scheme would be more his perference :p

Judging from the zoomed in pics, that's painted resin still. So the shade might still change some when they try to make the actual plastic toy.

As for the FAST packs having inside detail, it doesn't look like it. It may be because the VF-1's FAST packs are the only ones with actual lineart made of the insides of the boosters and leg armor (as far as I know and seen).

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Can someone confirm the pricing as correct? They are selling it way cheaper than the listing price at Yamato's own website.

It might just typing mistake in the site?! Someone forgot to put the '1' in the front of 9,800 yen?

I hope it is really that 'cheap'.

Have anyone try to order it?

Can someone confirm the pricing as correct? They are selling it way cheaper than the listing price at Yamato's own website.

That has to be a typo. It's nearly $100 less than Yamato's listed price. I think what happened is they copied and pasted stuff from one of the 1/60 VF-1 pages and forgot to change the pricing as it's the same exact price. If someone wants to order it, it would be best to contact them first as I doubt that they would honor that price if it's a typo.

Well, you guys should be aware that 1999.co.jp (Hobbysearch) is a band of thieves. Paid for a 1/60 Q-rau, they shipped it to the wrong address, wouldn't re-ship, wouldn't refund, and refused to answer emails. :angry: Avoid them like the plague.

Get it from a reputable place.

Hm... 1999.co.jp... I don't use them often, but I've never had trouble with 'em. Though, honestly, most of my stuff comes from HLJ...

Seriously, I see no use for Yamato stands. They're expensive, unwieldy, and they don't show the stability of the Valk. Besides, three-beam stands are better. You can get a lot more poses from them.

i have to disagree here... can u show us how you pose your sv-51?

as far as i am concerned, i feel the SV-51 battroid posabilty is below par.

especially the arms have very limited articulation...

Alright, give me a bit, i've got time this evening, i'll post some tonight. Sorry for the late reply, hadn't time.

:edit: Bah, i'll do Nora by herself. Haven't time, need a whole day to do a vs battle >_<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Also when i was stating on how i prefer the 51 for poses, she can actually do decent round kicks, all the other battroids can't do squat what the 51 can.

I am waiting to get the opportunity to get the cam out, i've taken her from her display spot in the cabinet, she's ready to go. I'll try to use alot of poses without the stand aid.

She can do high kicks, nice f'n Naribunsen man, cut to the neck, the poseability is second to none out of all the Yamatos, i have noticed some floopyness though.

That means i may need to use a stand to balance the impact leg, and yes agree the arms need a second joint like the new 1/60 v.2s.

Just you wait, i'll show you some good sh^t. As a martial artist, i like my battroids able to pull off damaging kicks, as they would in real life.

Her reverse half spin kick whatever it (can't remember) was was nice in the ova, easily do that wih the Yamato. :D

NOW, about the VF-11, any sign of double joints for the arms???

How about the legs? Poor Millia Q-Rau, she's gonna have some nasty things happen to her when i get my copy.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well, you guys should be aware that 1999.co.jp (Hobbysearch) is a band of thieves. Paid for a 1/60 Q-rau, they shipped it to the wrong address, wouldn't re-ship, wouldn't refund, and refused to answer emails. :angry: Avoid them like the plague.

Get it from a reputable place.

That's good to know. It's one thing if they made a mistake and shipped it to the wrong place, but to refuse to correct their mistake or not even bother to correspond with you, that's downright unacceptable.

Anyone else notice the little orange piece just in front of the canopy? Must be a part of the heatshield, maybe the entire heatshield isn't stored in the nosecone but part of it is.

001shoppedqt0.th.jpg

002shoppedtt8.th.jpg

I was gonna inquire about the heatshield, but those pics seems to suggest that a push-down canopy to enable the heatshield.

if true, r0ck1n!!!

:ph34r:B))

Fighter looks good, but in Battroid mode the spark isn't coming across. It seems too busy, too many corners and edges.

I'm missing the very streamlined and roundish looking Battroid mode of the VF-11. Oh and the feet are horrible.

I also noticed a potential problem with articulation. It seems that the intakes are hitting against that back plate thingy.

I circled the area I'm talking about in the picture below.

post-4055-1230402357_thumb.jpg

Stuff like that spells frustration to me, the YF-19 is already a pain in this department.

all yammies have that problem...what I miss the most from the original vf-1 v1, and I don't know why Yamato doesn't do this anymore is the nose that could swivel from side to side...would add a great deal to poseability

because if the nose swivels, you can't have PT. the v1 could do it because the legs come all the way off then get plugged into the nose, and that sucked.

actually the part that sucked was that the legs had XBOXHUGE pegs that went into the nose, and you needed a separate piece to fill in the whole (which I kept loosing)

if they had the legs connected, and a hatch like on the v.2 I wouldn't mind having removable leg nearly as much.

NOW, about the VF-11, any sign of double joints for the arms???

Doesn't look like it. If you look closely at the battroid pics on Yamato's site, you can see it's just a simple swivel at the elbow. No double joints. So 90 degrees (possibly a couple degrees more) is the best you'll get.

Not all Yammies. Actually, the 1/48 VF-1s have a waist swivel also. It's just limited due to the T bar, but there is some swivel nonetheless. The YF-21 also has a waist swivel.

OK, to be more accurate, usable waist swivel. the thing on the nose is useless except as a way to put excess torque on parts of the back plate and chest plate.

Thanks lechuck! Man this thing looks beautiful! with every new picture. Still hoping they will increase the stabs though. ;)

Chris

At this point, I seriously doubt they will. Would be nice, sure, but extremely unlikely.