Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Since the 11b is getting released, what are the chances of the 11c fast packs and the protect armor being released? The way that Yamato released the 1/48 fast packs and gpb armor?

Since the 11b is getting released, what are the chances of the 11c fast packs and the protect armor being released? The way that Yamato released the 1/48 fast packs and gpb armor?

No. 11C's FAST packs fall under Macross 7, which is a Bandai license. So until Bandai gives it up, sub-licenses it, or it expires, the answer is no.

Couple of interesting titbits.

Scale will be true 1/60.

However, Kawamori-san may have retconned the VF-11's size to make the dimensions larger than previously given (TBC). Apparently, he now thinks he made the dimensions too small originally.

Graham

I think this is a very good thing. I have always thought that the listed size of the VF11 was a little on the small size given that it was supposed to be able to fill most roles when it was created and had to carry all those fast packs to do so.

I think this is a very good thing. I have always thought that the listed size of the VF11 was a little on the small size given that it was supposed to be able to fill most roles when it was created and had to carry all those fast packs to do so.

Yep, and my precious 1/72 VF-11B is now retroactively in the correct scale! Heh...

Isn't it still possible for Yamato to make the Protect Armor under the VFX-2 liscense?

When it comes down to licensing, VFX & Mac Plus are both owned by Yamato, so if they want to it could be made. But not Macross 7.

It is encouraging to see Yamato getting more excessive with the different (and non canon) colour schemes, so atleast they won't be backward into thinking they can only sell a couple of versions of the Protect Armor... ahh what a glorious day that will be to see a Ravens VF-11 with similar Protect Armor...

Also legends like NMB4M and PsYcHoDyNaMiX (and others!) would make mince meat of adding on their extendable/slap on fins so we can have anime magic fins for our VF-11..

I'm really excited about this release! Even more so than the YF-19 1/60.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Maybe someone around here with the skills and enough love for the 11 would like to try and engineer a storable system for larger vertical fins as his next project and sell the kits to us, as I don't see Yamato revisiting that particular issue anytime soon.

I know some MWers have a few good ideas already.

Once the VF-11B is available, I'm pretty sure quite a few people will try to enlarge the tail fin and make them storable. Its the VF-11B, theres a lot of love for it!!!!

I'd say he is Roy's cousin's brother's younger sister's oldest uncle's second niece's child. :lol:

AEGIS

Before you die, there is something you should know about us.

ROY

What?

AEGIS

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former room-mate.

ROY

What's that make us?

AEGIS

Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are about to become. Prepare to die.

AEGIS

Before you die, there is something you should know about us.

ROY

What?

AEGIS

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former room-mate.

ROY

What's that make us?

AEGIS

Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are about to become. Prepare to die.

Brilliant quote, Classic movie if you've never seen it!!